Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Car Hire Companies » Car rental
Car rental 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:34 pm Reply with quote
doddsie
Pictures: 0

Can anyone please recommended a car hire company at larnaca airport, how far is the pick up compound from the airport Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Car rental 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

doddsie wrote:
Can anyone please recommended a car hire company at larnaca airport, how far is the pick up compound from the airport Thanks
its across the road from the airport, two minute walk,all the major rental companys are there.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Catjuggler

I use Zest.com They are usually very reasonable with no deposit and a free extra driver. Just check that the pick up option is on airport not off airport which is a 15 minute drive away.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:24 am Reply with quote
doddsie

Thanks for the info
Personal Photo Album View user's profile AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Zest.com is to do with shower products. Think you meant https://www.zestcarrental.com

This is a consolidator giving you deals with lots of different car hire companies.
There are many you can use for comparison such as:
Holidayautos.com or rentalcars.com etc. Most are cheaper than going direct with the rental company.

We use economycarrentals.com as they offer zero excess and free extra driver but not with all rental companies so check details. It will say if a deal is on or off airport and which freebies are offered.
They also have a loyalty discount once you have used them a few times.
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Stevenscarrentals meet you in arrivals, fill in paperwork, pay, taken up to departures and car waiting for you. Jump in and off you go. Price quoted is price you pay plus petrol. No fee for extra drivers or badgered to take extra insurance. No money blocked on cc either. Nearly new cars, always a pleasure to deal with.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:03 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Jacs wrote:
Stevenscarrentals meet you in arrivals, fill in paperwork, pay, taken up to departures and car waiting for you. Jump in and off you go. Price quoted is price you pay plus petrol. No fee for extra drivers or badgered to take extra insurance. No money blocked on cc either. Nearly new cars, always a pleasure to deal with.

Ditto that

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:55 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

Blossom wrote:
Jacs wrote:

Ditto that

Ditto and they take cash with no worry about something being taken from your credit card for non existant bumbs and scrapes.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:56 am Reply with quote
KJN

http://stevenscarrentals.com/

As others have said they meet you at Arrivals complete paper work, then you walk outside and the car is there for you, upon return you just phone to let them know what time you will be at the airport, they will be waiting, they get the cases out and off you go to Departures. I have been using this Company for many many years now and have always had excellent Service , can't recommend them enough. Oh yes and they are competitive with no hidden extras.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

stephenscarrentals excellent service and value

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
pcmike

Not used Stevens, always ECR for myself. Quick check on a week in April next year and Stevens 50% more, so not sure why Id pay that. Been to Cyprus multiple times over the last 15 years and never had an issues with bumps or scratches from any of the companies Ive used.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:04 am Reply with quote
Blossom

pcmike wrote:
Not used Stevens, always ECR for myself. Quick check on a week in April next year and Stevens 50% more, so not sure why Id pay that. Been to Cyprus multiple times over the last 15 years and never had an issues with bumps or scratches from any of the companies Ive used.

Stevens include insurance in their price, most other company's add that on after . you need to compare like for like. to get a fair comparison.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 am Reply with quote
pcmike

I have done. ECR price is what I pay.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
Blossom

pcmike wrote:
I have done. ECR price is what I pay.

I think every time car rental comes up on here, there is a lot of recommendations for Stevens, that should tell you enough, sometimes its not just about the money.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Catjuggler

Never had a problem with Economy Car Rentals. They give you a free extra driver and no excess and don't block any money on your Credit Card.

They are always cheaper than Stevens

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Steven's Car Rentals 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

Just wondered if you can get a better deal if you email them direct.

Managed to get a much better deal by email with Petsas but Steven's is getting such good reviews....

Erm, can't think of anything...........
Economy Car Rentals 
Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

Out of curiosity I decided to check them out.

Can't quite believe the price 263.00 form 18th Sept until 9th Oct. Got to be a catch surely....

Erm, can't think of anything...........

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 am Reply with quote
KJN

As an experiment I have just tried to book ECR for October this year and it seems to only take bookings for under 70 year olds.? Worth remembering in the years to come.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:39 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Do any car hire companies in Cyprus rent to over 70's...I thought not?
I have a few years to go yet but I have checked previously for my older brother.

I have always rented via ECR in Cyprus simply because they always had the best price and generally offered free extra driver and zero excess. They also give a frequent renter discount.

Winter rates with them, after the end of October usually, are very low.
Just did a sample booking for 3 weeks in November..... 86 with the zero excess and free extra driver. This is probably with Enterprise which is off airport, about 10 minutes in their free bus.
Cheapest on airport is 131 with zero excess but no free extra driver.

I have never rented with Stevens but from this and previous posts on here it would seem they offer a premium service but apart from comments like 'competitive' or 'good value' when it comes down to exact quotes they seem more expensive. When this has been mentioned before people say ring them for their best quote. All I can say is do that and then make your choice.
Their numbers are:
Tel: (00357) 24 656 204
Tel: (00357) 24 625 605

Mob: (00357) 9965 9809
Mob: (00357) 9942 9899

I just had a quick look at their website and their cheapest winter rate is 13 a day for 7+ days.

Paul.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
carollynne
Pictures: 12

A friend of ours rented a car with Avis Budget. They were the only company who would rent a car to an 82 year old
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Car rental 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Car Hire Companies