Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Opinion on cyprus problem Goto page 1, 2  Next
Opinion on cyprus problem 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:52 am Reply with quote
palmtree
Pictures: 0

Hi All. I was just reading in cyprus news now I think it was the daily Sabah. That it appears the situation over the cyprus problem is getting serious . What do people think about the best way to solve the issue . I certainly hope that a political situation can be found for peace on the whole island . Regards Palmtree.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Opinion on cyprus problem 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:28 pm Reply with quote
scottie

palmtree wrote:
Hi All. I was just reading in cyprus news now I think it was the daily Sabah. That it appears the situation over the cyprus problem is getting serious . What do people think about the best way to solve the issue . I certainly hope that a political situation can be found for peace on the whole island . Regards Palmtree.

It has always been serious !
I really don't understand what you are saying , or for that matter , what you expect others to say ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

Pretty simple to understand, palmtree has read an article regarding the Cyprus problem and is merely asking what other people think. We all know your stand on it scottie but everyone is entitled an opinion, as long as they are kept sensible.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
rivonia

Well, there has been one HUGE improvement; We can now use our mobile phones in the TRNC. Very Happy

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

rivonia wrote:
Well, there has been one HUGE improvement; We can now use our mobile phones in the TRNC. Very Happy

Where? Confused

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:57 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Yes Badger.You got it in one .Thank you . Regards Palmtree.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

I guess the drilling issue has raised the temperature quite a bit recently.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
scottie

badger wrote:
Pretty simple to understand, palmtree has read an article regarding the Cyprus problem and is merely asking what other people think. We all know your stand on it scottie but everyone is entitled an opinion, as long as they are kept sensible.

Yes Badger I realise you must know my views by this time lol
This does not alter the fact that the " Cyprus Problem " has been serious for 45 years and I should think that all that can be said has been said . Palmtree gave no new opinion on the subject . Come to think of it , neither did you. So my question stands ☺

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
scottie

rivonia wrote:

WOW !!! now that is progress 😂😂😂
Where is the place you are excited about phoning from ? Don't recognise it

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Yes Scottie of course the Cyprus problem is serious.I donít think anybody would doubt that and that includes myself.Unfortunately I donít know how to enclose the article for people to see.However the rhetoric coming from the Turkish side has substantially increased in the last couple of weeks accusing the Greek Cypriots of carrying on in their warpath.It has also threatened it will have no hesitation to repeat what happened in1974.Turkey has I understand sent 42 tanks to Northern Cyprus.So i repeat my question that the Cyprus problem seems to be getting serious and ask people of their opinions .Maybe itís not the case as you stated that all that has been said about the Cyprus problem has been said.I just hope that a political situation can be found for peace .Regards Palmtree.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:49 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

The mention of the tanks jogged the old grey cell. Afriend of ours lives in Vyrsoulles, they told me that the tanks got unloaded very publically. Alittle bit later on they were moved elswhere and quietly loaded up again and taken back. If true it certainly wound people up.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

palmtree wrote:
Yes Scottie of course the Cyprus problem is serious.I donít think anybody would doubt that and that includes myself.Unfortunately I donít know how to enclose the article for people to see.However the rhetoric coming from the Turkish side has substantially increased in the last couple of weeks accusing the Greek Cypriots of carrying on in their warpath.It has also threatened it will have no hesitation to repeat what happened in1974.Turkey has I understand sent 42 tanks to Northern Cyprus.So i repeat my question that the Cyprus problem seems to be getting serious and ask people of their opinions .Maybe itís not the case as you stated that all that has been said about the Cyprus problem has been said.I just hope that a political situation can be found for peace .Regards Palmtree.

https://ahvalnews.com/cyprus-turkey/turkey-secretly-transports-german-tanks-cyprus-report

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Mr Tibbs wrote:
palmtree wrote:

https://ahvalnews.com/cyprus-turkey/turkey-secretly-transports-german-tanks-cyprus-report

Thanks for this Gibbs. Now if this article had been posted originally I would have had no need to ask the question I did .
If it is to be believed , yes it is a worry and yes , it does look ominous.
I don't know this publication . Will have to research it

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
palmtree wrote:

Thanks for this Gibbs. Now if this article had been posted originally I would have had no need to ask the question I did .

Gibbs is the really good looking bloke in NCIS. It's OK though. We often get mistaken for one another.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Not at all sure about the source of this news. The paper is backed by the UAE .
Don't know how reliable it is . Hopefully not

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

The paper I was referring to at the beginning of my comments was The Daily Sabah.Regards Palmtree.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:03 pm Reply with quote
scottie

palmtree wrote:
The paper I was referring to at the beginning of my comments was The Daily Sabah.Regards Palmtree.

Yes that's the one I was referring to thank you

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
scottie

[quote="Mr Tibbs"]
scottie wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
palmtree wrote:

Thanks for this Tibbs. Now if this article had been posted originally I would have had no need to ask the question I did .

Gibbs is the really good looking bloke in NCIS. It's OK though. We often get mistaken for one another.[/quote

First laugh I've had all day lol . Sorry about that. I've got raging toothache and finding it hard to concentrate 😂😂😂

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 pm Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Why is this post not in the "DEBATES" section?

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

scottie wrote:
Not at all sure about the source of this news. The paper is backed by the UAE .
Don't know how reliable it is . Hopefully not

The linked article is based on this report: https://greece.greekreporter.com/2019/07/04/turkey-secretly-sends-42-tanks-to-occupied-part-of-cyprus-report/

which in turn comes from: https://www.tovima.gr/2019/07/03/international/ankara-secretly-sends-42-german-leopard-2a4-tanks-to-occupied-cyprus/

My interpretation is that Germany informed the Cyprus government that Turkey had sent the tanks to the their army in the north.

Last week the it was reported that the Turkish foreign minister called off a meeting between Cyprusí President Nicos Anastasiades and Turkish-Cypriot leader Mustafa Ankinciwhen he visited the north. he reckons that 'Cyprus will pay a heavy price' if it doesn't agree to joing administration with Ankara regarding oil/gas found in Cyprus' EEZ. he was in the north to commemorate the 55th anniversay of the Battle of Tillyria (wiki.com) when it has been reported that the Turkish air-force used napalm

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General