Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » General hospital Paralimni
General hospital Paralimni 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm Reply with quote
sheeb
Pictures: 0

Hi. My husband has been going to the hospital every day for the last 2 weeks to have a dressing changed & each day has registered & paid the €1 for registration. Today we had to pay €7 as we have registered with a doctor outside of the hospital. The receptionist said that this came into force today. We have registered with a Gesy doctor but as she is outside of the “hospital “ is considered to be private?? I thought that this was supposed to be NATIONAL HEALTH. Obviously not. I can’t find anywhere where there is information about this. Has anyone had similar problems?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

The best people to ask are Gesy themselves.. They are good with email and phone..

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=Desktop&locale=en_US&lookuphost=/en-us/&lookuppage=contactus
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 pm Reply with quote
scottie

I believe in the original paper sent out by GESY there was to be a six euro to see a nurse . I expect that's what was added to your one euro registration fee .

https://www.fpnnow.com/blog/gesy-at-a-glance-cyprus-new-health-system-706
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:06 pm Reply with quote
sheeb

Thank you Trev & Scottie for your replies. The link you gave Scottie does say €6 per nurse visit but we were sent there as a follow up from A & E & had been paying the €1 registration fee but Yesterday I was told that it was a new charge brought in yesterday as we were registered with an outside doctor which made me think that had we registered with a doctor at the hospital then we would continue to pay €1.. My husband is diabetic on insulin so has to have the dressing changed by a nurse due to the danger of infection. I am going to send an email querying this as this isn't National Health and I can see that pensioners will give this type of treatment a miss causing bigger problems later on.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 pm Reply with quote
scottie

sheeb wrote:
Thank you Trev & Scottie for your replies. The link you gave Scottie does say €6 per nurse visit but we were sent there as a follow up from A & E & had been paying the €1 registration fee but Yesterday I was told that it was a new charge brought in yesterday as we were registered with an outside doctor which made me think that had we registered with a doctor at the hospital then we would continue to pay €1.. My husband is diabetic on insulin so has to have the dressing changed by a nurse due to the danger of infection. I am going to send an email querying this as this isn't National Health and I can see that pensioners will give this type of treatment a miss causing bigger problems later on.

I think you will find that the doctors at the hospital are also GESY members and even if you had registered with them the charge would still be the same. The aim is to have no GP',s at the hospital eventually , exactly the same as in the UK , the doctors remaining there will likely relocate, leaving only A,&E which incurs a charge of ten euro. . It not meant to follow the UK example to the letter.
There are a few wrinkles to be ironed out , there always are in big changes like these. Some people are paying double or even triple for their prescriptions for example. I myself paid 15 euro instead of ,7 because some meds are not yet on the list. I hope no one forgoes treatment for this reason but as you sayn, some may
Re: General hospital Paralimni 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
tiny

sheeb wrote:
Hi. My husband has been going to the hospital every day for the last 2 weeks to have a dressing changed & each day has registered & paid the €1 for registration. Today we had to pay €7 as we have registered with a doctor outside of the hospital. The receptionist said that this came into force today. We have registered with a Gesy doctor but as she is outside of the “hospital “ is considered to be private?? I thought that this was supposed to be NATIONAL HEALTH. Obviously not. I can’t find anywhere where there is information about this. Has anyone had similar problems?

Hiya

the same thing happened to me last monday, when price increase started, i have been seeing the nurse for about 7 weeks, 3 times a week for ankle/leg dressing, when i was first told to go to her i didnt pay anything, then 1 euro, then i went last monday and the reception said it was 7 euro, when i said how come they just pointed to a sign, that was in greek, i mentioned this and got a shrug of the shoulders,
so i now do it myself

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 am Reply with quote
tiny

scottie wrote:
sheeb wrote:

I think you will find that the doctors at the hospital are also GESY members and even if you had registered with them the charge would still be the same. The aim is to have no GP',s at the hospital eventually , exactly the same as in the UK , the doctors remaining there will likely relocate, leaving only A,&E which incurs a charge of ten euro. . It not meant to follow the UK example to the letter.
There are a few wrinkles to be ironed out , there always are in big changes like these. Some people are paying double or even triple for their prescriptions for example. I myself paid 15 euro instead of ,7 because some meds are not yet on the list. I hope no one forgoes treatment for this reason but as you sayn, some may

scottie

i was given a list of creams and other bits needed by a Dr who i was referred to by the Hospital Dr, but who is not in Gesy, so classed as private, he said to go to the GP and get a prescription as it will be so much cheaper than buying over the counter, i did this and only 1 item was available on gesy meds list,
it seems since the gesy has started lots of medication/creams is no longer available on prescription?,,,,,,, to buy everything that he suggested was going to cost me 145 euro, these were just suggested items, so not actually imperative that i got them, but i can see people not bothering with treatments due to the costs alone,

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 am Reply with quote
scottie

tiny wrote:
scottie wrote:
sheeb wrote:

scottie

i was given a list of creams and other bits needed by a Dr who i was referred to by the Hospital Dr, but who is not in Gesy, so classed as private, he said to go to the GP and get a prescription as it will be so much cheaper than buying over the counter, i did this and only 1 item was available on gesy meds list,
it seems since the gesy has started lots of medication/creams is no longer available on prescription?,,,,,,, to buy everything that he suggested was going to cost me 145 euro, these were just suggested items, so not actually imperative that i got them, but i can see people not bothering with treatments due to the costs alone,

I understand and I hope the pharmacist informed you if there were any other generic med you could have on GESY . It is a shame he was not GESY registered before treating you .
On the other hand , as I said before I had to pay for some of my meds but two others which I did get would have cost 82 pounds just for them . Looks like the rule is , anything which does not require a prescription and can be bought over the counter is not covered by GESY .

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
madmum

scottie wrote:
sheeb wrote:

If the aim is to have no GPs at the hospital then why are they letting people register with them. so at sometime will have to register with another doctor

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

When the GP's move from the hospital to other premises, patients will need to go to their new surgeries..

Trev..

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:28 pm Reply with quote
scottie

madmum wrote:
scottie wrote:
sheeb wrote:

If the aim is to have no GPs at the hospital then why are they letting people register with them. so at sometime will have to register with another doctor

As I said in a previous post these doctors will move to surgeries and the pharmacy will close . I made no mention of having to find another doctor ?
General hospital Paralimni 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General