Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Tasia Maris beach spa resort need urgent update
Tasia Maris beach spa resort need urgent update 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

My friend booked this months ago. I went take some photos and videos of the beach and found the monster hotel being built in front . spoke to reception explained it has took her years to her husband to come to Cyprus (he was a Tenerife man.
I sent her the details of building work but hotel said it expected main building work to be done and exterior and interior work going on, They gave me the number of 2 rooms with pool and sea views and they were to contact 3 weeks before departure for the rooms,

I came in June and seen how this hotel is and let her know, now reading the Tui reviews they are saying this is demolition work now as mayor has ordered it . Top 3 floors never had permission the reviews say from Thursday the demolition work is non -stop from 6 in morning

Does anyone have any information she has to speak to Tui tomorrow .

Thanks Elizabeth

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Sorry Steve if it's in wrong place 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

Just trying to get information quickly before she speaks to Tui

Thanks

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

We found pictures posted this week from the hotel , imagine allowing that monstrosity to be built there .
Well from what they are saying it's 3 storeys higher than it should be . What a shame a nice little beach and area ruined ? They will be asking to move which they are sad about because they liked the hotel and the beach

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Murch
Pictures: 0

Yes, the hotel have been ordered to take down, I have been told, 1 floor.
This is still ongoing through the day.
Money talks here and this will be a huge Tsokkos hotel, and they donít give a sh**e about the other hotels which as you say a luvly places that had a wonderful setting. Shame, whoever allowed this construction to go through, itís totally spoilt the location.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:07 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

This hotel is humungus, totally out of place and a blot on the landscape. Who the hell are these planners that allows such tragedy's to happen.

I was there yesterday, it was noisy and they have started taking down one of the floors. Maybe their architects and civil engineers need to learn some arithmetic, 4 does not equal 5. Either that of the envelope was not fat enough.

To think that they won't issue title deeds for small discrepancies on a complex, yet allow such monstrosities to get built. Shameful.

Member of the AIPP.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:00 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

FSB Properties wrote:

I was there yesterday, it was noisy and they have started taking down one of the floors. Maybe their architects and civil engineers need to learn some arithmetic, 4 does not equal 5. Either that of the envelope was not fat enough.

They don't seem to be able to understand that by definition, the ground floor build is one storey Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 am Reply with quote
Elizavet

Thanks for update , I agree it is a blot on the landscape and far to big for that area. They have cost other hotels in the area a lot of business. My friend is upset for years all she ever wanted was to come to Cyprus , and really liked the look of tge hotel .

When I seen it a couple of weeks ago I was shocked and could not understand why the mayor has allowed a monstrosity like that be built where it is .
☹️

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:04 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Quote:
When I seen it a couple of weeks ago I was shocked and could not understand why the mayor has allowed a monstrosity like that be built where it is .

The same reasons that they have allowed the Sun City Hotel to be larger than the original plans!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
gibble

I was wondering what what going to go in that gap behind the beach. Naturally a gigantic hotel with various illegal aspects was the answer.

That's what I don't understand really. People go to Ayia Napa precisely because it's not Benidorm or Playa de las Americas etc. So why try and out concrete them? I guess as long as the cash keeps rolling in nobody will care, that is until the goose that laid the golden egg dies.

Having said that the Tasia Maris Sands was already an eyesore on this beach, but now there's even fewer directions to look to avoid the concrete
Re: Sorry Steve if it's in wrong place 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
gibble

Elizavet wrote:
Just trying to get information quickly before she speaks to Tui

Thanks

I would recommend asking the tour operator for a transfer in advance, and seeing what options they are prepared to offer. Maybe worse options, but always better to ask before they get there as for the tour operator that'll be easier to manage too, especially if it really is causing customer satisfaction problems.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Bobbeer wrote:
Quote:

The same reasons that they have allowed the Sun City Hotel to be larger than the original plans!

I would hazard a guess and say that they didn't allow them, they just put them there as they pleased because there is no inspection. And once up it's 'too late' to take down.

Member of the AIPP.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Jacs

Pics taken from entrance to the beach. It looks to go around in a curve. Really huge blot on the landscape.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 am Reply with quote
gibble

Jacs wrote:
Pics taken from entrance to the beach. It looks to go around in a curve. Really huge blot on the landscape.

That, genuinely is an utter monstrosity. I take it the architects and Tsokkos Hotels visited decaying former Eastern Bloc "resort hotels" on the Baltic to get their design cues. That's an embarassment to the town, even with two floors gone which is apparently the outcome of the court order
Tasia Maris beach spa resort need urgent update 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General