Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info » Paralimni Amphitheatre
Paralimni Amphitheatre 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 am Reply with quote
steveb
Pictures: 3

Last night a crowd of us attended the amphitheatre for a "boy band" tribute, although not my cup of tea the trio of singers had my feet tapping along with them and the wifes up dancing the night away, good night had by all.
Only problem of the night was the access to the loo,s, the back gates were locked and the toilets are just outside the gates so the only way to reach them was by exiting the venue and walking around the town hall to the back.
The reason i was given for this was that it stops people getting in to the amphitheatre without paying. May I make a suggestion to the organisers of future events, PAY for an extra body to man the back gates and stop making it so inconvenient for the punters!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 am Reply with quote
Jac
Pictures: 0

Yes I agree. I was there and watch the farce of people trying to get to the toilet through the locked gate and even funnier was watching the guys climbing over the low railings to get to them. I didn't realize it was intentionally locked.

I did enjoy the show though and I thought the boys were professional in that they sung their heart out as if to a packed audience. It was very badly attended which was such a shame. I think these acts at the amphitheatre may stop coming to our end of the island if they don't get more support.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
steveb

That would be me jumping the handrail, too lazy to walk all the way round.
We have a bus load of us going to the Queen tribute later this month so if anyone knows who is organising this event please let them know about this.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Paralimni Amphitheatre 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Jac

steveb wrote:
That would be me jumping the handrail, too lazy to walk all the way round.
We have a bus load of us going to the Queen tribute later this month so if anyone knows who is organising this event please let them know about this.

It's the same company organising the Queen concert too.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
steveb

Thanks JaC, have been in touch with them.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:48 pm Reply with quote
madmum

we are going to see Queen too. sounds like it will be busy. hoping they are as good as the reviews & not like the Queen tribute they had before.

The toilets there are terrible. even if access not locked. very long queues & dont flush. encourage people to bring food & drink which sounds a good idea till first trip to toilet then no more drink xx

did read somewhere they were stopping using Paralimni as more people wanted the nicer venues with catering & bars on site. did think why not a catering van but is there some regulations preventing this

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:39 am Reply with quote
billibob

Last couple of years I've noticed the attendance has dropped dramatically. Think it may be due to their advertising as I didnt even know they had concerts on - otherwise I would have definitely gone.
Paralimni Amphitheatre 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info