Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » More worries!
More worries! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
KIZI
Pictures: 0

Oh goodness, as well as BREXIT, Mrs May's resignation,Boris J as new Conservative leader, Mr Trump's latest moves and North Korea's nuclear missile tests we've got something far more important to concern ourselves with - why is Megan Markle's occupation on her son's birth certificate given as "Princess of the United Kingdom"? Now that's really something to worry about, fortunately all my worry time is taken up for now, will Nadal or Djokovic win the French Open Tennis.

KIZI :D
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: More worries! 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:14 am Reply with quote
Blossom

KIZI wrote:
Oh goodness, as well as BREXIT, Mrs May's resignation,Boris J as new Conservative leader, Mr Trump's latest moves and North Korea's nuclear missile tests we've got something far more important to concern ourselves with - why is Megan Markle's occupation on her son's birth certificate given as "Princess of the United Kingdom"? Now that's really something to worry about, fortunately all my worry time is taken up for now, will Nadal or Djokovic win the French Open Tennis.

KIZI Very Happy

Occupation, Princess of the United Kingdom, ..you couldn't make it up. Rolling Eyes

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Lord Stamfordham, in 1923, said:
Quote:
In accordance with the settled general rule that the wife takes the status of her husband, Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon on her marriage as become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of York, with the status as a Princess.

Plus Harper's Bazaar (which seems to think such things are of import):

Quote:
Kate Middleton had the same occupation written down for all three of her children's birth certificates, with the latest being Prince Louis's, which was released last May. Although she and Meghan both have duchess titles, they're also princesses of the U.K. because they share their husbands' "prince" statuses through marriage.

and
Quote:

"William is styled as the Duke of Cambridge but he has not stopped being a prince because he is a grandson of the sovereign in the male line," ..... He is styled as Duke of Cambridge for now. Same for Harry, as Duke of Sussex."

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

So they're princesses because they married princes (i.e. Father's occupation:Prince of the UK) even though they're now called dukes.

IIRC, if hubby used the titles of 'prince', the Mrs would also have to take hubbies name, i.e. she would become 'HRH Princess Harry of Sussex' cf. HRH Princess Michael of Kent.

Hope that's a weight off your mind. Wink

Mr & Mrs K. Ka
(even though it's considered very poor etiquette to add names to newsgroup messages.

Last edited by Kwacka on Sat May 18, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:25 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Does it blurry-well matter?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

devil wrote:

Of course it does, devil.

I bet you don't even know the name of Victoria Beckham's latest parfum! Rolling Eyes

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Kwacka wrote:
devil wrote:

I bet you don't even know the name of Victoria Beckham's latest parfum! Rolling Eyes

I do!! It's called "another mouth to feed". There you go. Wink

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

Don't forget the major worry..........

Who's going to win the Eurovision Song Contest!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If you can't be good, be careful
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:29 am Reply with quote
KIZI

Sorry but I really can't cope with the Eurovision Song Contest as well as all my other worries; I'm already stressed beyond belief at the thought of Nadal v Djokovic in the Rome tennis final later today!

KIZI

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:16 am Reply with quote
devil

Kwacka wrote:
devil wrote:

Who is Victoria Beckham? Smile Another nonentity? Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

devil wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
devil wrote:

Who is Victoria Beckham? Smile Another nonentity? Laughing

Who has a hell of a lot more money than you or I Very Happy

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
devil

sugarray1955 wrote:

Who has a hell of a lot more money than you or I Very Happy

Is she any the better for it? Twisted Evil

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:40 am Reply with quote
KIZI

Does lots of money make you any better for it? Reminds me of that old joke "Money doesn't make you happy" "No,but you can have a real good time being miserable!!

KIZI
More worries! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat