Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » GESY website Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post: #61   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm Reply with quote
tilly mint
Pictures: 0

bromerzz wrote:
If I can jump in - for us we posted the forms to Nicosia on 3 May and received the acceptance email on 10 May.
I show as a dependant of my wife, despite both having S1s.
She has already had deductions for GESY taken from her Cypriot pension.

May I ask, what address did you sent the forms to?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #62   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 pm Reply with quote
billibob

A short while ago I just went along to a private doctor who is enrolled with GESY. She gave me a form which I filled in and left with her. Got phone call from her yesterday saying she had just registered me successfully on the system.

This morning got an email from GESY saying I was registered. It was a very quick and short procedure thank goodness.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #63   PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

If I recall correctly, the postal address appears at the end of the application form process and appears on screen once you have completed all your details on line. Same page lists the documents you need to send copies of.
You can always call the help line
free phone 17000
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
GESY Application via Hospital 
Post: #64   PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Milschoice04

In case anyone is feeling frustrated with completing the application form on line.....

Today while I was at Paralimni Hospital I enquired if it was possible to bypass the online application process and apply directly via the hospital... The answer is YES.... You will be asked for your YELLOW SLIP..... (I had my yellow slip with me in preparation)....

On the Registration desk in the new hospital is a stack of application forms in English.... It took me less than 5 minutes to complete the form.... I handed the completed form together with my Yellow Slip to the person at the registration desk at the old hospital where the GPs are based .... She took a copy of my Yellow Slip and attached it to the application form and told me to give it to my GP... I knocked on the door of my selected GP, handed her the form .... and that's it... your doctor will do the rest... Well mine says she will....

Mils

ďNo one can make you feel inferior without your consent.Ē ― Eleanor Roosevelt
Re: GESY Application via Hospital 
Post: #65   PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Milschoice04 wrote:
In case anyone is feeling frustrated with completing the application form on line.....

Today while I was at Paralimni Hospital I enquired if it was possible to bypass the online application process and apply directly via the hospital... The answer is YES.... You will be asked for your YELLOW SLIP..... (I had my yellow slip with me in preparation)....

On the Registration desk in the new hospital is a stack of application forms in English.... It took me less than 5 minutes to complete the form.... I handed the completed form together with my Yellow Slip to the person at the registration desk at the old hospital where the GPs are based .... She took a copy of my Yellow Slip and attached it to the application form and told me to give it to my GP... I knocked on the door of my selected GP, handed her the form .... and that's it... your doctor will do the rest... Well mine says she will....

Mils

At last the voice of reason . Been saying this for weeks . People seem to want to make it much more complicated than it is . thanks for posting
Post: #66   PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

scottie wrote:
Milschoice04 wrote:

Mils

At last the voice of reason . Been saying this for weeks . People seem to want to make it much more complicated than it is . thanks for posting

But it is partly your fault scottie.

You talk far too much common sense. Wink Laughing

Post: #67   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:40 pm Reply with quote
paterson

That is new one, previously it was all "applications on line ONLY".

Tony
Post: #68   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 pm Reply with quote
scottie

mouse wrote:
scottie wrote:
Milschoice04 wrote:

Mils

But it is partly your fault scottie.

You talk far too much common sense. Wink Laughing

Gee thanks Kevin lol , you're making me blush. Lol.
Having read the details of our entitlements this morning . I'm not as sure as I was that Gesy is such a good deal ?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #69   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:38 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Iím not sure itís a good idea either. Get the register with doctor at hospital part ok but rarely see the same doctor. So can I only go on the days mine is working or anytime & see whoever is on. Same with paediatrics there are i think 3 Paed docs who work different days

Much easier using current card from S1
Then watching some political programme last nights about them having yet another vote in week from 3rd June & if that fails then 1 of the options was to cancel Brexit. Would we then carry on with just our S1 cards

Post: #70   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
scottie

madmum wrote:
Iím not sure itís a good idea either. Get the register with doctor at hospital part ok but rarely see the same doctor. So can I only go on the days mine is working or anytime & see whoever is on. Same with paediatrics there are i think 3 Paed docs who work different days

Much easier using current card from S1
Then watching some political programme last nights about them having yet another vote in week from 3rd June & if that fails then 1 of the options was to cancel Brexit. Would we then carry on with just our S1 cards

You won't be able yo use your S1 when the system is up and running. The doctor of your choice will be there , the whole system will be different . Some of the doctors who are at present practicing at the hospital will have moved to new premises , I know of one who is moving to the Lido . Brexit or no Brexit this change will take place , it is a completely different thing. The only reason Brexit is mentioned is with regard to whether the UK will continue to pick up the bill . So bottom line , you must register .
I said I wasn't so sure about the scheme only after I read the list of rules and restrictions attached to it

Post: #71   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 pm Reply with quote
billibob

Madmum: your S1 will still be valid under the new system as it will ensure you dont have to pay any contributions into GESY until at least December 2020.

Post: #72   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:26 am Reply with quote
scottie

billibob wrote:
Madmum: your S1 will still be valid under the new system as it will ensure you dont have to pay any contributions into GESY until at least December 2020.

I don't think she meant it like that . Madmum meant it would be better to use it as an alternative. I don't really know what an S1 is but I'm sure once she is registered , the fact that she had one will be noted

Post: #73   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

scottie wrote:
So bottom line , you must register.

People are not obliged to register with GESY.

Those who do not register can rely on their private medical insurance.

Regards,

Post: #74   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:47 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Are we supposed to get a confirmatory email? Itís just that over a week after registering weíve heard nowt.

Is there a way of checking - online - to confirm registration?

Tks

Post: #75   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:03 am Reply with quote
scottie

nhowarth wrote:
scottie wrote:
So bottom line , you must register.

People are not obliged to register with GESY.

Those who do not register can rely on their private medical insurance.

Regards,

The point is that she does not want to use private medicine . I was addressing madmum when I said she must register and so she must

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Even more confused 
Post: #76   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Went back to the Santa Marina Clinic again today.

Took our yellow slip and S1 card as requested yesterday.

Today the secretary of the doctor who is doing the relevant administration told us that as we are not actually paying into the National Health service (we are under the Threshold) that she cannot help us as yet because both Governments at this time have not agreed about payments.
She went on to say that no one at this time knows what is going to happen.

She said call back in June sometime, they might have more information.

Post: #77   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
madmum

mouse wrote:
Went back to the Santa Marina Clinic again today.

Today the secretary of the doctor who is doing the relevant administration told us that as we are not actually paying into the National Health service (we are under the Threshold) that she cannot help us as yet because both Governments at this time have not agreed about payments.

She said call back in June sometime, they might have more information.

Oh thatís not good news Where did the info come from that S1 holders would be covered at least till next year

Had considered going into Lito & enquiring RE my hip replacement as in Paralimni there is normally a 1 year wait which makes it next March. But GESY in March were refusing to fund the hip implants currently used So ops were put on hold while they investigated alternatives. Really want it done before next summer & time limit for the S1 runs out if not renewed
Re: Even more confused 
Post: #78   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 pm Reply with quote
scottie

[quote="mouse"]Went back to the Santa Marina Clinic again today.

She said call back in June sometime, they might have more information.[/quote

Kevin pay no attention . Go to the tax office tell them you want to register for gesy .
If they say they can't help tell them to send you to someone who can . She is there I can assure you .
I am under the threshold . I was informed this week I will be billed twice a year to be paid electronically . I have registered with my doctor of choice.
If you think I can help please pm me
GESY website 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines