Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance » Travel insurance
Travel insurance 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:15 am Reply with quote
jillie
Pictures: 0

Can anybody suggest where to buy travel insurance please
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Travel insurance 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

jillie wrote:
Can anybody suggest where to buy travel insurance please

I've always used Staysure and have found them to be very good. Particularly with expats seeking cover.

I have to add that, so far, I haven't needed to make a claim. Which of course is always the ultimate proof of the pudding with insurance.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

We too always use Staysure and include medical conditions

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
jillie

Thank you. We've also used staysure but at the moment they aren't doing any policies for some reason. Check the website out.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:51 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

As post 2says the ultimate test is when you claim. We have used Century travel (See Daxi or Facebook) for some years and had claims handled considerately and efficiently..
Most recent incident was on a cruise when a well known Forum member helped out (Thanks Kevin) and that was even better than using insurance .

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 am Reply with quote
tonyl

We used to use Staysure. Have just tried to renew our insurance for this year but have been informed that they are no longer able to cover expats in Cyprus due to Brexit.

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

tonyl wrote:
We used to use Staysure. Have just tried to renew our insurance for this year but have been informed that they are no longer able to cover expats in Cyprus due to Brexit.

It says that Staysure expat insurance is suspended whilst they make underwriting changes to cover Brexit. They add that they’re expecting to be reissuing policies within the next few months and you can sign up to receive a notification.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 am Reply with quote
Blossom

I use Atlantic, they are not the cheapest, but had to claim a few times, mainly for using Ships doctors, and with medication etc that is not cheap , they paid up promptly without any issues.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 am Reply with quote
tonyl

Mr Tibbs wrote:
tonyl wrote:

It says that Staysure expat insurance is suspended whilst they make underwriting changes to cover Brexit. They add that they’re expecting to be reissuing policies within the next few months and you can sign up to receive a notification.

If you live in France, Spain or Portugal then you will be able to take out a new policy when they become available.

But if you live in any other country (other than the UK), then we will no longer be able to provide you with travel insurance.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:45 am Reply with quote
mac69

Gulp , I took out my stay sure policy in February for a cruise in August , hope they honour it . Shocked

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 am Reply with quote
tonyl

mac69 wrote:
Gulp , I took out my stay sure policy in February for a cruise in August , hope they honour it . Shocked

"Yes, if you have an existing Expat Travel Insurance policy, or renewed your annual policy before 29 March 2019, then you will still be covered for your holiday as detailed on your Validation Certificate."

We had to make a claim last year as we needed to curtail our trip and had no problem with them paying out.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
gazzaga

IMG Europe do a policy specially for expats. Call Garry Smith at 3D Global 99953628 and he'll sort it for you
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

If people have private health insurance they may find that travel insurance is included in the policy. I have private health insurance and travel ins comes with it.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
gazzaga

cansweet wrote:
If people have private health insurance they may find that travel insurance is included in the policy. I have private health insurance and travel ins comes with it.

It will cover the medical expenses but not the loss of money if you cancel flights because of health, cancellation by airline etc. Unlikely to cover Medivac also.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

We use Europe Sure, Century Travel can do it for you.

We actually have World Wide annual excluding USA/Canada.

The cost for both of us was I think about £180. That was in March when we renewed.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Travel insurance 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance