Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Gesy Problems for permanent residents without Meu1 or 3
Gesy Problems for permanent residents without Meu1 or 3 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:02 am Reply with quote
Xhristina
Pictures: 0

As a permanent resident since 1994 with an exemption from immigration and category F permanent residency have now been told that need to re-register with immigration and get permanent residency again in order to join GESY.
How can the government who took our money and gave us permanent residency now revoke our status without right to reply, in order for us to join the health service that they are already taking my money for?
I know I am not alone as those who are married to Cypriots without having Citizenship are also being denied GESY whilst the rest of their families are being allowed to join.
Personally shall not bother but pay my GESY dues.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:13 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Xristina

The law changed after Cyprus joined the EU in order to comply with
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

The requirement to register was widely reported in the media at that time and those who failed to register faced a fine.

Also, at his outreach meetings, the British High Commissioner urged UK nationals to apply for MEU1/MEU3 if they hadn't already registered.

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 am Reply with quote
finikaka

Thing is Nigel,people like myself and Xristina ARE registered.The cy government advice says to REPLACE our current document with an meu3 in order to register with gesy.
I will see what happens with immigration after our appointment on Friday
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:35 am Reply with quote
finikaka

As here

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:59 am Reply with quote
Xhristina

Thank you for the replies. We did go to immigration as per request at the time and once again 2014 on both occasions they would not register us as we already “had permanent residency and Cypriot ID cards”.
Seems like we can’t win. Now have to go through the mill all over again!
Title deeds, pensions, bank statements etc and Now have to go to Hospital and ask for a copy of S1 from 1994 - this is going to be fun!
They have already taken money for GESY from my bank account yet I don’t exist in their records!!
From a really fed up 88 year old!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 am Reply with quote
spanner

Xhristina wrote:
Thank you for the replies. We did go to immigration as per request at the time and once again 2014 on both occasions they would not register us as we already “had permanent residency and Cypriot ID cards”.
Seems like we can’t win. Now have to go through the mill all over again!
Title deeds, pensions, bank statements etc and Now have to go to Hospital and ask for a copy of S1 from 1994 - this is going to be fun!
They have already taken money for GESY from my bank account yet I don’t exist in their records!!
From a really fed up 88 year old!

Don't know about in 1994, but my permanent residence permit obtained in the very early 80's was only valid for 10 years, not that anyone bothered about that. I was using it up until around 2008, when I took Cypriot Citizenship.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines