Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner » MTN Pay as you go €2 connection pack
MTN Pay as you go €2 connection pack 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:52 am Reply with quote
Kat
Pictures: 0

I'm totally out of touch with phone services in Cyprus, not having had a Cyprus number for several years. Now I need one, for about two weeks, and just for the sake of being able to give out a local number. What is the best (cheapest) pay as you go, considering that I probably won't make any calls on it. No internet access need either. And one I can pick up from a local kiosk.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Kat on Sat May 04, 2019 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
Kat

I found this. Can someone confirm that this would give me a local number which can be contacted, without me having to top it up if I don't want to make any calls myself?

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

the advert says 30 day validity but I am on MTN pay as you go and the top ups last 12 months min 10 euros. A while back they tried to change that meaning a top up more often but somany cancelled they changed it back.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
bowie

My daughter was looking for one today Alfa mega was selling them it’s just a short term holiday one think it’s something like 20 days if that helps ,,,
SIM card 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:22 pm Reply with quote
marymou

After living many years in Paralimni I now just come for holidays. I buy a CYTA card for €7.50 this gives €5 credit and can be topped up with as little as €5 and the card has 90 days expiry. As I usually have my UK phone on roaming I get a Cypriot number for my local friends to use to contact me at minimum cost to them. I will have to buy another card next week as having 2 weeks holiday at Crystal Springs Beach Hotel again.
Marymou
SIM card 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:26 pm Reply with quote
marymou

After living many years in Paralimni I now just come for holidays. I buy a CYTA card for €7.50 this gives €5 credit and can be topped up with as little as €5 and the card has 90 days expiry. As I usually have my UK phone on roaming I get a Cypriot number for my local friends to use to contact me at minimum cost to them. I will have to buy another card next week as having 2 weeks holiday at Crystal Springs Beach Hotel again.
Marymou
Marymou 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:03 am Reply with quote
Jinty

How wonderful my lovely friend that you are able to visit Cyprus once again but does that mean I won't see you in Sept/Oct? Big Hug

Stay well, Mary, loads of love xxxx

Erm, can't think of anything...........
MTN Pay as you go €2 connection pack 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner