Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Declan Rice
Declan Rice 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:55 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Pictures: 0

Don't know how others feel, but I feel once you have worn the Shirt of one country , It doesn't sit well with me that you can change your mind and play for another country, just my opinion.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
C Mac

Totally agree but rules are rules and I don't think it's fair to play at any level with one association then decide to join another. Pick one and stay with it.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Unlike Giggs, rules state you play for the country your school is, he was in school in England so had to play fir England. He chose to play for Ireland 3 times thatís where he should continue to play.
But how about a rule change you can only play fir the country you are born in.
Sagalout

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

sagalout wrote:

But how about a rule change you can only play fir the country you are born in.
Sagalout

So if, say, a young English couple go to do missionary work in some third World country, and whilst there the woman conceives a child, then that child can only play for, say, Cyprus? (Only joking! Laughing )

As it is, I would imagine that Declan's very well considered, and immensely sensible, decision spells the end of Eric Dier's International career! Very Happy

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

I agree with Blossom on this.

Once you have decided to play for one Country and you then actually play for that Country, that should then be it, you should not be able to play for another Country.

The same for all sports.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:43 pm Reply with quote
alan99

I think that you should only manage a country that you are a national of. Remember when England had a Swedish manager and an Italian one. Scotland had a German some time ago.

Talking of England how the heck can a male be allowed to manage a female team. Or is that un pc correct these days.

Alan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:15 am Reply with quote
mick turner

The way this world is going, it wonít be too long before males are allowed to play in female teams. Not joking either.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 pm Reply with quote
alan99

The UK government now allows men to self determine that they are women , despite clearly having gender unique and intact parts, including allowing male prisoners , a few who were sex offenders, to live in women's prisons. At least one male/female prisoner committed a further sexual offence against a women inmate. Some reports say that the women are absolutely terrified of the male amongst them ,despite their much greater number and presuming some of the women themselves may be in for violence.

mick turner wrote:
The way this world is going, it wonít be too long before males are allowed to play in female teams. Not joking either.

Exactly. It may be happening already . The Semenya case is starting this week. It will be interesting what they decide. Will an appeal either way be possible , or is this decision definitive ?

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Alan

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Declan Rice 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room