Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Communal fees
Communal fees 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Rachelhazell
Pictures: 0

Hi are all feels the same we are in a block with bigger apt and balconies and we all pay the same is this correct thank you
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Rachelhazell and welcome to the forum.

No - it's not correct that all units pay the same.Please refer to my article Calculating communal fees.

I assume all the units have been issued with their Title Deed?

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Rachelhazell

hi Nigel
thanks for your response we do not have deeds so not sure about others would this make a difference we are all being charged 500euro per year and our balcony area etc is a third of the ones above us
thank you
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Rachelhazell

Unfortunately, until the deeds are issued you cannot calculate how much each owner should pay. So everyone will have to pay the same.

Regards,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

nhowarth wrote:
Hi Rachelhazell

Unfortunately, until the deeds are issued you cannot calculate how much each owner should pay. So everyone will have to pay the same.

Regards,

Hi Nigel

Is there any link to this as I would like to print it off.

As you are probably aware we do not have Planning permission let alone Deeds. But we have a Cypriot Trainee Lawyer in the other block who says he should be paying less as he only has One bedroom, and only uses it occasionally. We all pay just 120 euros a year, this just about covers electric and lifts pruning 5 palm trees and resealing the roof every 2 years etc. The full time residents keep the complex tidy and do not receive any payment.

Cheers

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

mouse wrote:
nhowarth wrote:
Hi Rachelhazell

Regards,

Hi Nigel

Is there any link to this as I would like to print it off.

As you are probably aware we do not have Planning permission let alone Deeds. But we have a Cypriot Trainee Lawyer in the other block who says he should be paying less as he only has One bedroom, and only uses it occasionally. We all pay just 120 euros a year, this just about covers electric and lifts pruning 5 palm trees and resealing the roof every 2 years etc. The full time residents keep the complex tidy and do not receive any payment.

Cheers

There is an example in the link in post no.2

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:36 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Thanks Bob, but I was hoping for an official note I could stick up his wotsit. Wink

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:43 pm Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

mouse wrote:
Thanks Bob, but I was hoping for an official note I could stick up his wotsit. Wink

Is this it?

https://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/jointly-owned-buildings-law.pdf

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I doubt whether the building has been registered as jointly-owned. Registration occurs when the deeds for the individual units have been issued.

Regards,

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question