Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Dog Beach Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dog Beach 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Pictures: 0

Took my dogs to the local dog beach today to see 3 new signs asking people to clean up after their pet. Not 1 metre from 1 was a huge pile of fresh Sh1t and at least 2 more close by.

I used to think the authorities were a bit mean minded not allowing dogs on any beach at least in winter..... but not any more.

A few people spoiling it for the majority. At this rate I worry we will lose the facility all together. It's the only place I exercise our dogs as terrified of poison anywhere else.
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Dog Beach 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Took my dogs to the local dog beach today to see 3 new signs asking people to clean up after their pet. Not 1 metre from 1 was a huge pile of fresh Sh1t and at least 2 more close by.

I used to think the authorities were a bit mean minded not allowing dogs on any beach at least in winter..... but not any more.

A few people spoiling it for the majority. At this rate I worry we will lose the facility all together. It's the only place I exercise our dogs as terrified of poison anywhere else.
Paul.

Lazy Ignorant dog owners, who will be the first to moan, about not having dog beaches.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
jeba

Where I was living in South Africa local unemployeds sold little flags which you could stick next to a pile of poop and they would take it away. Sounds like a business model for Cyprus as well.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

jeba wrote:
Where I was living in South Africa local unemployeds sold little flags which you could stick next to a pile of poop and they would take it away. Sounds like a business model for Cyprus as well.

Really, that's so condescending.. how about , people clean up after themselfs,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

The signs I think were sponsored by MBS - the boat people next to the Laxia.

There were installed just recently and I thought - good idea and nice to see
people coming together for the wider community!

I had no doubts though that there would be lazy people out there who just
don't care! Not really a pet person myself but you would have to be blind
not to see what a benefit this beach is for dog owners and their dogs. As
Paul mentions I hope that this is not lost due to the inconsiderate few
and maybe they have to be shamed into doing what's right!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
jeba

Blossom wrote:
jeba wrote:

With that kind of argument you shouldnŽt have cleaners, domestic workers, butlers etc. Plus youŽd have even more people without income.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

jeba wrote:
Blossom wrote:
jeba wrote:

With that kind of argument you shouldnŽt have cleaners, domestic workers, butlers etc. Plus youŽd have even more people without income.

To be fair I think it really is up to the owners to clean up after their pets and
it's just one responsibility of ownership.

It's always going to be better if owners do it rather than rely on others to
come along and clean up after them.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

jeba wrote:
Blossom wrote:
jeba wrote:

Thats a weak argument, Jeba,

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Steve - SJD wrote:
jeba wrote:
Blossom wrote:
jeba wrote:

To be fair I think it really is up to the owners to clean up after their pets and
it's just one responsibility of ownership.

It's always going to be better if owners do it rather than rely on others to
come along and clean up after them.

Cheers

But many don't Steve, so if a private enterprise wanted to start a business up by cleaning up the sh1t left by others why not. It's not costing the tax payer any money, plus of course it is employment.
We have council workers picking up litter and rubbish left by others which does cost the tax payer money so why not a private company which does not.

And just for blossom socks, this is not just about Cypriots, this is about every where and everyone.

Mouse

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:21 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Personally I believe if your so lazy, as not being able to bend down and pick up your dog's poop, something that takes a few seconds, then you shouldn't have a dog.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

And while it's waiting for a third party to come and pick it up it's found the bottom of my shoe or heaven forbid my bare foot. Evil or Very Mad
Paul.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
And while it's waiting for a third party to come and pick it up it's found the bottom of my shoe or heaven forbid my bare foot. Evil or Very Mad
Paul.

Don't talk sense mate.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
mouse

Blossom wrote:
Personally I believe if your so lazy, as not being able to bend down and pick up your dog's poop, something that takes a few seconds, then you shouldn't have a dog.

Agree with that, but it does not answer or solve a problem.

Need something that might help solve a problem without costing the tax payer.

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 am Reply with quote
Blossom

mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

The answer is very simple, people pick up after their dogs, that dosnt cost the tax payer a penny,

The council already employ people , get them to patrol the beaches, Dog and Human and issue stiff fines for people littering and not picking up after their dogs, very easy to park up and photograph people not picking up... fines can then go towards improving the dog beaches.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:57 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

The answer is very simple, people pick up after their dogs, that dosnt cost the tax payer a penny,

The council already employ people , get them to patrol the beaches, Dog and Human and issue stiff fines for people littering and not picking up after their dogs, very easy to park up and photograph people not picking up... fines can then go towards improving the dog beaches.

Trouble is with that approach is you have to be there at the moment and then prove that the person was not just about to pick the poo up when stopped.
How about stopping anyone with a dog and if they cannot produce poo bag then fine them on that basis?
Paul.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

Trouble is with that approach is you have to be there at the moment and then prove that the person was not just about to pick the poo up when stopped.
How about stopping anyone with a dog and if they cannot produce poo bag then fine them on that basis?
Paul.

Yep , good shout.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Miss The Sun

Im assuming its the people who leave their rubbish on the beach or by the side of the road are the same people who don't pick up after their dogs. Some people are just lazy Rolling Eyes

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

Oh! For a perfect scenario.

Are you allowed to photograph someone without their permission. I took a photo of someone using a mobile phone whilst driving, took it to Paralimni Police station only to be told they cannot use it unless I asked the permission of the driver concerned because I am not an official of the law.

I was then lectured about taking photos of people without their consent.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

Are you allowed to photograph someone without their permission. I took a photo of someone using a mobile phone whilst driving, took it to Paralimni Police station only to be told they cannot use it unless I asked the permission of the driver concerned because I am not an official of the law.

One of my neighbors used to daily hose her pavement, verandas and anything that moved down, causing a small stream to flow down the road, one day a council van pulled up and took photos/videos so they could prosecute her, never happened again, so in answer to your question , yes officials.... can take photos,

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:35 am Reply with quote
mouse

Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Plus create a few jobs.

Is that so wrong. Idea

One of my neighbors used to daily hose her pavement, verandas and anything that moved down, causing a small stream to flow down the road, one day a council van pulled up and took photos/videos so they could prosecute her, never happened again, so in answer to your question , yes officials.... can take photos,

That's what I just said
Rolling Eyes

An ordinary member of the public can not take a picture of someone and his dog doing a poo (the dog) and then using it as evidence.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus