Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Jokes & Quizzes » debit cards
debit cards 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Pictures: 0

Has anyone had problems with BOC debit cards. tried to use it twice at vets yesterday & declined. went to bank & tried their ATM which worked & let me withdraw money. so didnt bother going in to ask as thought just a glitch. today tried to pay at metro & same thing but noticed it did say PIN OK so not putting that in wrong.
thought as spent cash on shopping i better withdraw some from their ATM. started off ok then got slip of paper saying card retained & phone JCC. on screen said withheld due to security reasons

so rings JCC who say they cant do anything & ring BOC. they are sending out replacement to collect wednesday. asked why it happened & they have no idea but said do first transaction at their ATM. and a 5 euro feed for new card. so got to pay them with no reason why old card doesnt work
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Not very funny Sad
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:31 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

I must admit I was waiting for the punch line Wink

But seriously that is very annoying

Trev..

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:34 am Reply with quote
madmum

Is annoying. More so now Iíve thought about the nerve of charging 5 Euro for replacement card. Not like Iíve lost or damaged it. And as they are not able to tell why it started getting declined everywhere but at their ATM will it happen again
Wasnít impressed with uk banks but at least get text messages if they think there is suspicious activities

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:47 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Our BOC debit card generates a text to my mobile phone every time it is used.
If I am at an ATM I sometimes get the message as I am collecting my cash.
Is this service not the default?
Paul.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Our BOC debit card generates a text to my mobile phone every time it is used.
If I am at an ATM I sometimes get the message as I am collecting my cash.
Is this service not the default?
Paul.

husbands card does that but not mine.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Probably not linked a phone number to the card. We have a joint account and my wife's card transactions go to her phone and mine to mine.
Paul.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
alan99

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Probably not linked a phone number to the card. We have a joint account and my wife's card transactions go to her phone and mine to mine.
Paul.

Should be the other way round Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:17 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Paul.

its only me has a cyprus phone number, he never uses his only for emergencys so kept his uk phone for £5 a month

had trouble with my card on JCC about 6 months ago. wouldnt let me put phone number to get a code when making payments. got security message saying ring JCC to register card. so tried his card & registered it with JCC ok. as only use to pay mainly car tax i didnt bother
strange that used card everywhere else since tho. looked at online banking & actually used it on 2nd in petshop before being declined next day & day after.

would help if the could tell me why its happened instead of just saying it doesnt show a reason

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Still don't understand why this is in the Joke section.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Jacs wrote:

Do you think it could, possibly, have been posted in this section by error?!! Rolling Eyes

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:11 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Jacs wrote:

Do you think it could, possibly, have been posted in this section by error?!! Rolling Eyes

Yes of course😳. Thought I was doing well finding the new topic tab didnít even think about topic.
Tho suppose it was a joke if you were watching me go thru pockets in vets trying to find money to pay
debit cards 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Jokes & Quizzes