Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Different fines for same offence Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor
Pictures: 0

SensibleBob wrote:
My neighbour got fined for driving his chicken chasers (moped) without a crash helmet. Whilst being booked several kids sped by no crash helmets one on pavement! What about them was met with that "shrug" we have all encountered.Ok perhaps not exactly the same situation but reflects the one rule for them ....

I'm not condoning these kids in any way and of course they are breaking the law but the problem is they are just kids and as such very inexperienced. If the police gave chase, in a panic situation there would be a high probability of a resulting serious accident; which may explain why the police are less willing to go after them.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
PatCon

FSB Properties wrote:
PatCon wrote:
Quote: we all know you carry that anti cypriot chip on your shoulder!
What a ridiculous thing to say - and then from a forum sponsor!
I suggest an apology would be in order for such a blatantly false accusation, FSB.
This post is about the behaviour of the POLICE, not about Cypriots in general, I said one LAW etc. Law and police, understand now?

With all due respect, but someone only has to look at you past posts to see the pattern, seems we/this country just cannot do anything to please you.

And yes as a forum sponsor that pays good money to keep this platform afloat so that we can hear you constant put downs of my people and country.

Apologies only go to where they are due.

Just relax, and you'll live a happier life. Cyprus is not utopia, but is a darn sight better than many other places.

" ..constant put down of my people" Could you verify this accusation please? In your previous post you claim to be the voice of everybody. I don't think my Cypriot close friends, some who I've been friends with for 20 years, would agree that I have a chip on my shoulder against Cypriots. Your accusation is ludicrous (oh, and ludicrous means amusingly stupid).
Kalá Christoúgenna.

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
Blossom

FSB Properties wrote:
PatCon wrote:
Quote: we all know you carry that anti cypriot chip on your shoulder!
What a ridiculous thing to say - and then from a forum sponsor!
I suggest an apology would be in order for such a blatantly false accusation, FSB.
This post is about the behaviour of the POLICE, not about Cypriots in general, I said one LAW etc. Law and police, understand now?

With all due respect, but someone only has to look at you past posts to see the pattern, seems we/this country just cannot do anything to please you.

And yes as a forum sponsor that pays good money to keep this platform afloat so that we can hear you constant put downs of my people and country.

Apologies only go to where they are due.

Just relax, and you'll live a happier life. Cyprus is not utopia, but is a darn sight better than many other places.

Well said Applause

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
romatarot

I agree with the person who said it is your attitude that often dictates the response you will receive. Having said that, I have a general distate for traffic officers the world over.

If you are a foreigner in England you don't get the same treatment as local drivers either. It all depends on their 'quotas'. Akin to tax collectors. Not a job to which I aspire, however, not a job with which I empathise either.

I like the humour with which Cypriot traffic officers apply their rules. Youngsters are often punished with nasty accidents as their teachers.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon

In my opinion the POLICE in CYPRUS need to take a LONG HARD LOOK at their ethics and Practices .

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Gerry McMahon wrote:
In my opinion the POLICE in CYPRUS need to take a LONG HARD LOOK at their ethics and Practices .

You could always tell them ? Police the whole world over are the same . This us such a small island that the bad apples show up .
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
PatCon

FSB: You say you only have to look at my past posts to know that I am anti-Cypriot. I have identified 1620 posts of mine since 2008 and suggest YOU look at my past posts before you make false accusations. I didn't find any that support your claim and you ignored my challenge to verify your claims. Unless you are a hunter, because I did make negative remarks about them. I also put down bad drivers who always hold the wheel in one hand. But in all 1682 posts I NEVER put down "your people" as you claim "everybody knows".
Paranoia is curable, FSB.

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

Gerry McMahon wrote:

would you like to give us a few examples of what you mean?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Crprus Police 
Post: #29   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon

Yes just take a look at road traffic offences like Use of MOBILE PHONE, Children sitting on lap of driver, not obeying road markings etc,etc etc,

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

Gerry McMahon wrote:
Yes just take a look at road traffic offences like Use of MOBILE PHONE, Children sitting on lap of driver, not obeying road markings etc,etc etc,

You do have a point re traffic offences.

Post: #31   PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
KIZI

Clap Clap

Well said PatCon and Gerry Mc. Long may free speech reign, especially in democratic countries, of which I think Cyprus is still one or am I mistaken??

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Different fines for same offence 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters