Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Life in the Sun Goto page 1, 2  Next
Life in the Sun 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Pictures: 0

One for you eastern types, channel 4, Tuesday 4th at 1800 Cypriot time....I enjoyed this episode...but I won't spoil the ending! As much as I love the west of the island, you guys do he the best beachs!

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

What are you western types doing on an eastern Cyprus forum?
Wink

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

I just like reminding myself how lucky we are....😉

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Terrible editing, often mixing up commentary and pictorial locations!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

I was annoyed when the presenter said about the world renowned "Party resort" of Ayia Napa, then went on to sit in one of the restaurants at Potamos and say that it was part of Xylophagou...

It featured our complex but they didn't like the pool as it was overlooked, dam shame as I didn't particularly like them much either.
Yet they spoke so well of you.......!! 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

DAC wrote:

It featured our complex but they didn't like the pool as it was overlooked, dam shame as I didn't particularly like them much either.

Still, hopefully, when they come here they will experience that 'misery' you so delight in, which will make your 'smile' broaden on your face and add even more "great joy and happiness" to your life!! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

BTW, given your previous comments, would have thought you owned a grand mansion on the coast, rather than a small flat in the middle of nowhere!! Shocked Big Smile

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

The buying process was never mentioned, no mention or warning about title deeds either.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
PropertyEasternCyprus
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The buyers were fully versed regarding title deeds by the programme, which asked for a lot of information from all the estate agents involved.

I did find it amusing that they wanted a 'communal pool' that wasn't overlooked.

We sold the Liopetri apartment soon after the filming.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Dont watch these type of shows, Free holiday /time wasters comes to mind

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

"The buyers were fully versed regarding title deeds by the programme"

I think the point made by Cansweet is that it was not mentioned in the program thus leaving many thousands of possibly interested buyers unaware of the pitfalls of buying in Cyprus.
Paul.
Yea, that makes sense! 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Blossom wrote:

Well obviously, the best way of forming a fair and unbiased view about a show is.......not to watch it!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
cansweet

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
"The buyers were fully versed regarding title deeds by the programme"

I think the point made by Cansweet is that it was not mentioned in the program thus leaving many thousands of possibly interested buyers unaware of the pitfalls of buying in Cyprus.
Paul.

Thank you Paul and Yes, this was what I was trying to say.
Re: Yet they spoke so well of you.......!! 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
DAC wrote:

Still, hopefully, when they come here they will experience that 'misery' you so delight in, which will make your 'smile' broaden on your face and add even more "great joy and happiness" to your life!! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

BTW, given your previous comments, would have thought you owned a grand mansion on the coast, rather than a small flat in the middle of nowhere!! Shocked Big Smile

No, just a modest bolt-hole in Cyprus, the mansion is in the UK, that being the country whose politics you take such an interest in, when you don't live in it!!
Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

DAC wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
DAC wrote:

No, just a modest bolt-hole in Cyprus, the mansion is in the UK.

Ok you two - leave out the personal comments/insults and wind ups please -
discuss the topic not each other.

Cheers

Steve
Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Steve - SJD wrote:
DAC wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
DAC wrote:

No, just a modest bolt-hole in Cyprus, the mansion is in the UK.

Ok you two - leave out the personal comments/insults and wind ups please -
discuss the topic not each other.

Cheers

Steve

Well, of course, despite the spiteful provocation one should never get 'personal' on here!! Rolling Eyes

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Re: Yea, that makes sense! 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Well obviously, the best way of forming a fair and unbiased view about a show is.......not to watch it!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I think the majority who go on these shows just want a freebie holiday and to get on telly.

I also think they should have to pay a fee of say 1.000, if they buy they get it back to pay towards a deposit.

It would stop the time wasters.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

I think the majority who go on these shows just want a freebie holiday and to get on telly.

I also think they should have to pay a fee of say 1.000, if they buy they get it back to pay towards a deposit.

Agree

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Given that, perhaps the people who are as thick as two short planks should also have to pay a 'deposit' before going on quiz shows, which they would forfeit if they don't achieve a certain minimal score! Rolling Eyes

The point being that the producers of all these programmes which feature the general public don't care about the suitability of the people involved........it's just cheap television for them!! (Which I do actually watch, so feel it reasonable for me to comment on! Cool ).

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Her indoors

And why do they never discuss the maintenance fees which are the biggest bone of contention on any complex?

Good thing they didn't film it this week when the complex in Sotira has a double bed dumped outside by the bins on the road. 2 sofas left there a couple of weeks ago and yesterday a blue armchair but someone has now taken it home. Nice little place for rats to nest in plus with all this rain its sodden

Tried phoning Sotira council several times to get it removed but no answer.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Never mind the quality........ 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
mouse wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Blossom wrote:

Given that, perhaps the people who are as thick as two short planks should also have to pay a 'deposit' before going on quiz shows, which they would forfeit if they don't achieve a certain minimal score! Rolling Eyes

The point being that the producers of all these programmes which feature the general public don't care about the suitability of the people involved........it's just cheap television for them!! (Which I do actually watch, so feel it reasonable for me to comment on! Cool ).

Difference is the thicko's on the quiz shows do not get freebies, they just make themselves look stupid.

I watch them if they ain't much on telly, but I can assure you it ain't that cheap television.

They get at least 3 nights Accommodation in a 4 or 5 star hotel. They get their flights, they also get all meals paid for and most drinks and get driven every where.

Then there are the presenters, the film crew, who are also put in hotels with all food and drink paid for, plus of course their flights as well.

Plus of course all their wages.

So! no it ain't cheap television.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat