Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » ARSENAL 18/17 Kings of London Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Pictures: 0

Letís be honest itís only Spurs 🤣. Sorry couldnít resist.
Massive win really big win, dispite the top line Spurs are a very good team, that said we outplayed them & wore them down all over the pitch. It has been suggested else where they didnít need investment, today saw just how wrong that is. A day less off big jny to Ukraine, but we have depth, today that showed. Harry looks lost & knackered.
We came out with intent gave 2 silly goals but we are better in the second half. Tori in midfield has made a massive difference brilliant performance today. The 2 changes at half time made a big difference Ramsey in particular. If he got back more often & quicker heíd be a touch like Stevie G, Abbeys goal was a joy, have we got the best 2 front men, welll maybe 19 without loss. The next chapter is on the way.
Look we will have disappointments & weíve a long way to go but Emery has got the team fighting for everything, under Wenge we would have lost, not now thereís a bit of steel in us now. How good will we be in 2 years guys, but weíve got our Arsenal back.
All in all a great game.
Onwards & upwards
Kings of London which is red as always.
Sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Great win for you! Very Happy

Doubtless, that young lad, who likes to talk to himself will, as he normally does, be starting a new thread to congratulate a team that played extremely well and fully deserved their victory! Laughing

Probably, he'll also commend West Ham on their performance and result yesterday and concede that, just perhaps, it won't take too much of a miracle for the 'ammers to stay up this season! Big Smile

BTW, was there a fire drill towards the end of today's match, as one couldn't help noticing the hordes of people, in blue & white scarves, making an early dash for the exits?!! Big Wink

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

My FB page is full of digs at Spurs they are so easy to wind up. But for me I love the game & if a team, any team deserve bigging up as they say so be it. I like a bit o banter. But as you say some spurs supporters have just blossomed into spiteful little kids. But they canít help it, I mean there you are 8-9 years old choosing your team & you so nearly, nearly get it right & go the dark end of the Seven Sisters & leave yourself to a lifetimes trauma.
As they say an early age trauma leaves its mark & for the rest of your life it affects your decision making & keeps you locked as a kid. Sad really, I just hope that those affected with (in Spurs supporters case) Percii-itus, also explained as a mistaken belief that Harry Hotspur owned land in a small village outside of London (till 1965) called Tottenham. Of course we know that the land was in fact owned by the Perci family, a vagabond family of Normans, I mean their not even Englic.
Still we live with our choices.
🤣
Sagalout

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

I'm sure your use of the term "blossomed" when referring to 'spiteful little kid's' was totally accidental! Wink Laughing Laughing

Post: #45   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:17 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Great match, great result, best team on the day won and played some great football. Back where you rightfully belong Wink above the team of bottlers, who once again will come up short when it matters Very Happy

Post: #46   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
I'm sure your use of the term "blossomed" when referring to 'spiteful little kid's' was totally accidental! Wink Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing See the excuses have already started Laughing Laughing

Post: #47   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Woodrow Why?at wrote:

You do realise that some kids might be upset the comparison. Wink

I think you should apologise to them. Laughing

From a proper Spurs supporter, the team not the person.

Post: #48   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Hi mouse I should have added to that post no ref to Ďproperí fans.& of course blossomed has absolutely no reference to any Ďpersoní living or dead.
Sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #49   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Watched the game again, now I rate Song his goal theother day showed his ability, but that was a dive he falls after Holding has slide past him. Wonít get away with that next season.
Now we canít let one other incident pass. Wrighty said last night that he got loads of stick playing at Spurs but NEVER racist, he was very concerned, I thought, to make that point. So that Ďpersoní that deliberately threw a banana skin on the pitch really let down a, letís be fair here, fine club & I have always thought the supporters have every right to call themselves yids as it used on themselves & in no way abusive, has let not himself, but fellow supporters down. Thatís the mildest way I can express that. The Ďpersoní himself needs to be on every back page so we know what he looks like & maybe all send him a banana each. Surely weíve moved on from such an appalling act!
Sagalout

Post: #50   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

Shame to see Poch developing a team of cheats. So many falls were dives and so many fouls were niggly.

Spoilt the game for me. Roll on VAR and it might have been 5-0.................
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #51   PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks

watched it in tamalas saga. quick visit to do some repairs. great game, great afternoon. lots of beer. cant beat it. back where we belong.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #52   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

First things first, congrats to Deli Alli doing a ĎTheoí at the Arsenal supporter. We donít usually get abuse like that at our ground. Theo was pelted with coins when carried off, by Spurs fans & sitting up gave the 2-0 sign. Abuse is abuse & should be condemned by us all. Letís be fair with half a team of kids playing for us Spurs were always better.
Good to see Banger is top scorer now heís a class act, I always thought with foreign players itís fair to give them a nickname or shorten the name if you canít pronounce it right. Papa as heís known was spot on against a Burnley side that parked 2 lines of buses in the first half but, when we scored for once in the first half had to come out fighting in the second. Which they did, but then Sean complained about the fact that we can at last give it back. Loved the bit when our tank of a left back Kolis, when the pushing & shoving went off pushed their player away, who then got stroppy saw the size of the bloke & bottled it with a hug 🤣. At last we can if ness give as good as we get. Weíve still a lot to do, but dispite what you may hear we will if the guy we want is available spend in the window. Sadly Wenger left a real mess, it is a lot worse than you think guys. There is a couple of seasons work to be done yet. All in all we are blossoming into a more rounded team that can roam all over the park & opposition.
Onward & upwards 99yrs & more to come.
Sagalout

Post: #53   PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Think this says everything about us. Money needs to be put into the defence now.
But itís a rebuilding on many levels guys
Sagalout

Post: #54   PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

Happy new year Saga, and if that old gooner Pete is still looking in ahappy new year to you, be lucky and keep on trucking.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #55   PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Ta mate & happy new year to all fellow supporters.
Health not so good but better than many so not able to post as often nowdays. But look often at the posts, well all but one🤣.
Gonna be an interesting 2nd half
Sagalout

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #56   PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Happy new year Saga mate and all you Gooners.

Good to see Arsenal back to almost where they were.

From a proper Spurs fan.

Post: #57   PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Ta guys hope itís a good un for us all.
Breathed a sigh of relief after last nights game, keeping us as invincibles. That said, such a game skill power & speed. Just about the best game since the invincibles as well.
Some good stuff from spurs as well mouse. Porch has worked wonders on the team, anyone think heís Utd bound?
Sadly Iíve developed a few health issues so wonít post as often this year, but will keep looking tho.
Sagalout

Post: #58   PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

This is why you shouldnít expect defending from this guy. When heís quiet heís planning the next few passes
Sagalout

Post: #59   PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quote
luke

all quiet on here from the Gunners. How have you viewed the season so far under Emery? I think he's done a great job and to even be in with a shout of the top four is fantastic given it's his first season. Whether we make it or not is still in the balance but fair play to the guy. The players are working harder, pressing more and we're far more competitive playing the other tops sides - as had been proved in recent weeks. Next job, sort out the defence this summer and find a replacement for Ramsey!

Post: #60   PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Hi Luke, poor health at the moment stops me posting as much, but still follow the posts.
Considering the total Ďrebuildí accuring behind the scenes Emery is doing really well. Iím hearing the backroom staff failed to gel which was the reason for one to leave, Emeryís previous football director could be his replacement, canít remember his name, but would be an excellent choice. The wage structure is all over the place & Kronke wants that sorted out, we have one of the highest wage bills in the lge. All that requires fixing Arsen left an almighty backroom mess as he micro managed everything.
Team wise we are at last starting to see his style of play work. Ramsey leaving is unfortunate but, heís not worth the money he wants & by all accounts a bit of a poser. Mainland-Niles is a midfield/winger who could fill his gap. So could Iwobi who is at last becoming the player I saw as a a raw 17yr old at an Emerites Cup. Look for more kids stepping up as the plan is to where poss bring kids thru.
The basics are in place, but there is a long way to go yet, be prepared for some ups & downs. If we get top 4 we really would have blossomed early.
Sagalout

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room