Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Larnaca airport to face terror mock attacks
Larnaca airport to face terror mock attacks 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Guns will be drawn and shots fired at Larnaca International Airport on Friday
as part of an emergency drill, with police warning the public not to be
alarmed if they see Israeli security guards running around the terminal.

According to police, an emergency anti-terror drill will take place at Larnaca
airport on Friday, November 9, at 1am.

During the exercise, Israeli airline security guards will join Civil Aviation,
Customs, and Hermes Airports personnel to carry out a series of exercises in
three separate terror-related scenarios. Police say there will be shots... [
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

]

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

I wonder if they will move all the unattended cars parked in front of the terminal?

If you can't be good, be careful
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Pictures: 0

And cars parked on the roundabout and the motorway hard shoulder. Shocked
Paul.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

hatzyian wrote:
I wonder if they will move all the unattended cars parked in front of the terminal?

hopefully with force, maybe impound.. sorry not awake yet so I must be dreaming.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my car outside the terminal, together with a great number of other attended and unattended vehicles, to pick up friends who had just landed.

After a few minutes, I was approached by a female uniformed official who asked me what I was doing there. When I answered that I was waiting for a couple who were just coming through, she replied (correctly😊) that I shouldn't be parked there, and must move!

When I then gesticulated towards the other surrounding vehicles and asked "What just me, or all of these as well?" she just gave the Cyprus shrug and walked off........!! d'oh! Laughing

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

hatzyian wrote:

Never mind the cars, I'd be more concerned that they remember to remove the live ammo from the police and military that are on duty.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

Israel and El Al have always tended to impose their own extra security at overseas airports. I wonder whether this anti-terrorist drill was at their instigation specifically because they expecte(ed) a potential threat here to their passengers. The article doesn't even seem to mention Cypriot forces involvement?

Edit: Just seen another report which says Cyprus Airport Police are involved and refers to the Israeli force with a different title. So not sure of the facts now.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

sandyoap wrote:
Israel and El Al have always tended to impose their own extra security at overseas airports. I wonder whether this anti-terrorist drill was at their instigation specifically because they expecte(ed) a potential threat here to their passengers. The article doesn't even seem to mention Cypriot forces involvement?

Edit: Just seen another report which says Cyprus Airport Police are involved and refers to the Israeli force with a different title. So not sure of the facts now.

Probably something to do with the training and exercises that have been
taking place across Cyprus this week with Israeli & Cypriot security
forces. They were training up in Troodos earlier this week I believe.

Cheers

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General