Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » BoC Oncological Centre
BoC Oncological Centre 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 am Reply with quote
PatCon
Pictures: 0

Came back yesterday again from the BOCOC in Nicosia. I feel the need to praise this place, as it is absolutely wonderful. More like a first class hotel when you arrive. Very pleasant ambiance, very friendly staff and highly qualified medical experts. Several linked workstations where you just tell them your patient number and they tell you where to go and what to do.
There is a free bus to pick up patients from the towns and villages. Also very reliable, you just phone the driver a day or two before your appointment. All of this is, of course, free if you have a medical card. You pay only 6 for a consultation and 6 every month of treatment.
But it is a treatment facility only. Any operations must be done at the state hospitals or privately.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

I have to agree with these comments. My wife has had treatment there, and it is a wonderful and Airy place very similar to some good hotels..
We have to visit again on Tuesday but we will be driving from Paphos rather than taking the bus provided..
Also worth mentioning is that there is a large free barrier controlled car park. But you get a free card so you can use it every time you visit if needed..

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Great to hear Positive news..... Good luck to you all.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

trevnhil wrote:

Also worth mentioning is that there is a large free barrier controlled car park. But you get a free card so you can use it every time you visit if needed..

Trev..

I agree that the facilities are excellent.

On the other hand, if you are disabled, car parking is a nightmare. The big car park that is mentioned is unsuitable for the disabled, because it requires about 250 m of quite steep uphill walking from there to the centre. Unfortunately, they do not have enough blue zone parking slots in the car park in front of the building and the number of free slots has been drastically reduced to better accommodate the buses.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

A disabled person can of course be dropped of right at the front door. But that is not much help if the disabled person is the driver.
I too noticed that the number of disables spaces was not too many, and again you are correct that from the big car park it is a good few hundred metres uphill

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am Reply with quote
PatCon

Why go by car when the free bus service drops you off at the door? I drive to an arranged pick-up point where I can easily park.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
jb1

Had my first visit there yesterday and got to agree it is very well run with pleasant staff. No free for all to beat the queue to see the doctor......your hospital number comes up on a screen along with the room number, very organised Very Happy
BoC Oncological Centre 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines