Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Cheap fuel Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:20 pm Reply with quote
lamby
Pictures: 0

madmum wrote:
lamby wrote:
Yes it is the 98 that is 6.01 woulď not use solely but makes no difference whatsoever to performance.

any reason why you would not use 98 solely?? man in petrol station told me my car would be better on 98 than 95. he has same car BMW 330ci & says it is better on mileage. think it does do slightly more & only few cents more.

Think it could be the way I worded my comments.I was responding to an earlier post when I said I would not use fuel from the occupied area SOLELY. I happen to alternative between 95 and 98 ULG.when on 98 I tend to use Esso as their detergent additive helps to clean the engine. I worked in the oil industry at Shell Stanlow and our additives along with BP and Esso were way superior to the additives injected on loading than the supermarket brands.yes you paid less at the pumps at the supermarket but I noticed markedly different performance when using the fuel from the big 3.as the saying goes,you pays your money,you takes your chance.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Lamby, summed it up perfectly !

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
madmum

carts320 wrote:
https://www.motorist.sg/article/96/95-vs-98-petrol-are-you-wasting-your-money-on-premium-fuel

sounds like 98 is better for your engine especially for high powered cars. wonder what the opinion is on the 100 petrol. only 1 petrol i use sells it & as quite a lot more expensive dont use it
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

lamby wrote:
madmum wrote:
lamby wrote:
Yes it is the 98 that is 6.01 woulď not use solely but makes no difference whatsoever to performance.

any reason why you would not use 98 solely?? man in petrol station told me my car would be better on 98 than 95. he has same car BMW 330ci & says it is better on mileage. think it does do slightly more & only few cents more.

Think it could be the way I worded my comments.I was responding to an earlier post when I said I would not use fuel from the occupied area SOLELY. I happen to alternative between 95 and 98 ULG.when on 98 I tend to use Esso as their detergent additive helps to clean the engine. I worked in the oil industry at Shell Stanlow and our additives along with BP and Esso were way superior to the additives injected on loading than the supermarket brands.yes you paid less at the pumps at the supermarket but I noticed markedly different performance when using the fuel from the big 3.as the saying goes,you pays your money,you takes your chance.

I was working just across the water from you at ICI CK/RSV works for a few years as commissioning manager.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
lamby

sugarray1955 wrote:
lamby wrote:
madmum wrote:
lamby wrote:

I was working just across the water from you at ICI CK/RSV works for a few years as commissioning manager.

Delivered to both Castner Kelner and Rock Savage many times, small world eh!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Cheap fuel 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters