Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Here we go again!
Here we go again! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

Jeez, can you believe these people??! Evil or Very Mad

"Ten years after Lehman Brothers collapsed, high-octane products like those which led to the destruction of the American banking giant are making a comeback."

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

You mean like Cypriot NPLs? The details differ but the gist is the same. Look at all the BMWs, Mercs etc. that have suddenly appeared on the roads over the last 6 months or so.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:58 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

devil wrote:
You mean like Cypriot NPLs? The details differ but the gist is the same. Look at all the BMWs, Mercs etc. that have suddenly appeared on the roads over the last 6 months or so.

Reading what's going on economically, the business articles, how the world's shaping up politically, it's difficult not to be pessimistic. Some, quite conservative, economist-types seem to think we could be on the cusp of events which rival the Great Depression, with most of the ammunition needed to fight such a thing already having been squandered.

It is a lovely day here today though. Cool Very Happy

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:25 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

This morning onbthe local news they said 200000 Cypriots wereconbthe breadline. The wealth Devil refers to is another us andcthem situation which is going to lead to a lot of disruption in the future..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
spanner

bubblechris wrote:
This morning onbthe local news they said 200000 Cypriots wereconbthe breadline.

Which local news have you mis-read now?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:34 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

[Edit] is all i can say to your stupid comments............
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
mouse

Have you got a link to your post Chris.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

mouse wrote:

Perhaps this?

Cheers

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote
spanner

Steve - SJD wrote:
mouse wrote:

Perhaps this?

Cheers

Steve

So that is "at risk of poverty", not "on the breadline".

So normal misread, misunderstanding, or misquote.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
devil

bubblechris wrote:

As usual, you have got the wrong end of the stick. Nowhere does the report says that 200,000 odd were on the breadline. What it says is that they have a disposable income of less than 60 percent of the median income:

Quote:
At-risk-of-poverty threshold: is set at 60 % of the national median equivalised disposable income, which is calculated by dividing the total disposable income of the household (total disposable income of all its members after social transfers) by the equivalised household size, which is calculated using the following weights: First adult=1,0 unit, second and each subsequent household member aged 14 years and over=0,5 and each household member aged under 14=0,3. The household equivalent size is the sum of the weights of its members.

I don't know what the median income is but, judging from the value of the cars on the road, I would make an inspired guess that it is about 35,000, including all the teachers and all the other parasites in the broad administration. For your information, that places me fairly and squarely in the category of at risk of poverty as my income is well under the threshold.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
spanner

devil wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

As usual, you have got the wrong end of the stick. Nowhere does the report says that 200,000 odd were on the breadline. What it says is that they have a disposable income of less than 60 percent of the median income:

Quote:
At-risk-of-poverty threshold: is set at 60 % of the national median equivalised disposable income, which is calculated by dividing the total disposable income of the household (total disposable income of all its members after social transfers) by the equivalised household size, which is calculated using the following weights: First adult=1,0 unit, second and each subsequent household member aged 14 years and over=0,5 and each household member aged under 14=0,3. The household equivalent size is the sum of the weights of its members.

I don't know what the median income is but, judging from the value of the cars on the road, I would make an inspired guess that it is about 35,000, including all the teachers and all the other parasites in the broad administration. For your information, that places me fairly and squarely in the category of at risk of poverty as my income is well under the threshold.

Me too, and I am managing quite well.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
mouse

devil wrote:
bubblechris wrote:

Quote:

So are we. Sad

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 am Reply with quote
mouse

bubblechris wrote:
This morning onbthe local news they said 200000 Cypriots wereconbthe breadline. The wealth Devil refers to is another us andcthem situation which is going to lead to a lot of disruption in the future..

So going by the link provided that includes Children and infants who ain't working. Rolling Eyes

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat