Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Injured dog
Injured dog 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 am Reply with quote
lbutton
Pictures: 0

Yesterday a dog got run over by a truck, across the road from us outside Chromata Lagoon Kapparis. This was after the people from over the road shooed it out of their house / veranda ??

The driver to be fair did his utmost to stop but couldnít , as the dog just ran out into the road , remarkably the dog came out from underneath the truck alive !!
However he has hurt his back leg quite badly, we think itís broken and he is hobbling around on three legs at the moment. He is a brave dog lots of character, we have phoned the vet who could fix his leg , but if no one will look after him after we have gone home , what will happen to it ?? Then we would have to make a decision.

It is a lovely friendly dog, if anyone is looking for a friend ??

Thanks
Lisa
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
billibob

I've posted your post onto the 'Friends of Paralimni Dog Pound' Facebook page (as well as my own). I hope you get some advice quickly.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
lbutton

Thank you ,

The dog is a bit better today

Lisa
Smile

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
uk_len
Pictures: 39

Have also shared on Facebook.

Any chance of posting a photo, someone may be looking for him.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
billibob

A picture is a good idea.

However, a lady that runs the Dog Pound has said that the council should be contacted and they will take it to the Vets and then I think if it is not chipped and owner traced, it will go to the Pound where hopefully he will get adopted or fostered.

Let us know how you get on.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 am Reply with quote
browney2653

Contact Andrea Siddons on Cyprus Dog Rescue - she has a Facebook page. I'm sure she would not turn her back on this poor soul and it would be preferable to it going into the pound. Sorry I don't have her phone number but possibly someone from this forum may have.

Good luck and I hope the poor baby gets a happy ending.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Update 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:51 am Reply with quote
lbutton

We took the dog to Tasos this morning and the dog had no chip Tasos confirmed he had broken back leg. He will X-ray and operate tomorrow probably

I will try and post a picture shortly. It is a lovely dog has a lovely nature. I named him Sandy

We have 2 bitches at home a boxer and a pointer, the pointer is now 11.5 years old which we took back to England.

We will miss the little fella a lot

Lisa Sad Sad

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
billibob

That's good he is getting medical attention.

Can you take a picture of Sandy so we can put him in the lost and found section on Facebook?

Even though he hasnt got a chip, he may be someones dog and they might be looking for him.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 am Reply with quote
lbutton

Photo of Sandy, currently at vets looking for a home having his leg sorted

Lisa

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
billibob

I've posted his picture & details onto a couple of FB sites just in case he is lost. He's probably abandoned but there's always a chance he is someone's furbaby!
Injured dog 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus