Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Computer Corner » Apple ID problem Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

carollynne wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
carollynne wrote:

Thank you for your replies, we've forgotten the password to this particular email address which we had 12 years ago, and we 've also forgotten the password to the Apple ID as we both have new ones now lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

You can update your password (possibly Wink ) if you can answer the security questions - I don't know if they used them then.

The email address was a cytanet one, but we haven't used them for many years. We've given up now but thanks for replies Smile

Sorry, I didn't express myself too clearly.

You can't recover your Apple ID password by email, but you can possibly recover it by answering security questions when you try to log onto Apple store (if they were set up as an alternative).

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
pegasus67
Pictures: 0

If you wanted to reset a MAC and set it up from scratch do the following;

Powerup and immediately hold;
Command S
Type in the following text pressing return after each line

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
reboot

Then;
Do not transfer details
Skip Apple ID
Create new account

Then set up a new Apple ID once it's booted up.
I've used this to rejuvenate an old Mac I was given.

Hope this helps
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks, pegasus, already tried that but no further forward.

Contacted Apple support, a couple of days later they replied saying there had been difficulty with my card and they had made a few alterations at their end - I haven't bothered asking why this should affect registration when you enter method of payment as 'None'.

El Capitan installed, not upgrading to High Sierra, ready to install non-Apple store programs for the light of my life.

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Mrs T has a Macbook Pro, which I seldom go near. It frightens the Hell out of me. Shocked Very Happy

If you're ever feeling a bit bored, try this macBook Pro teardown. What could go wrong?

Post: #24   PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
pegasus67
Pictures: 0

I've had Macs for years and must admit that most of the programs I use are not from the Mac App store.
High Sierra wasn't a great upgrade imho, I've downgraded my Mac Pro back to El Cap. as it runs quicker on that.

Couldn't you set up a new Apple ID ?

Even with the new security measures that Apple are forcing on us, I'd still never own a Windows machine.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

pegasus67 wrote:
I've had Macs for years and must admit that most of the programs I use are not from the Mac App store.
High Sierra wasn't a great upgrade imho, I've downgraded my Mac Pro back to El Cap. as it runs quicker on that.

Couldn't you set up a new Apple ID ?

Even with the new security measures that Apple are forcing on us, I'd still never own a Windows machine.

I had attempted to setup 3 new Apple ISs, but encountered the same problem with each.

Regarding Windows, I'm certainly not an admirer.

My laptop died at the start of this week - the one that Mrs K complained about whilst we were 4 weeks in the UK - "lugging that bloody big thing around, get something smaller" - so we did (I doubt she'll be 'lugging' that one around either).

We went out and splashed out on the cheapest laptop we could find to replace mine, paying the Microsoft tax for a license to use Windows (even though I didn't want it). I tried to install Itunes on it but first had to update & upgrade (sic) which took 5 attempts to install their 1803 update.

Spent a couple of days trying to get Mrs K's favourite programs on the Macbook, tomorrow its time to get rid of Windows off this laptop and get Arch Linux installed.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Computer Corner