Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Junker
Junker 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

President of the European Commission and a man who holds a pivotal role in the current “negotiations”.

At this week’s NATO gathering.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Just because he stumbles is meaningless. Anyone can do so at any time.

If you look at
(and it must be right from the Mail) it shows a very typical attitude resulting from sciatica. I know the problem as I have had three compression fractures of the spine for several years, resulting in similar symptoms from time to time. I cannot climb ordinary stairs and even walking, while possible, is limited (this is why I have a blue card). Even going down stairs is possible but in a similar attitude as shown in the photo, grabbing the banister.

Now, if it had been after the agape, I might have given more credence to over-lubrication! Smile

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

I do recall that, when he ran for office, concerns were expressed about his drinking habits. Notably in higher circles where they wondered about his capacity to hold the position.

Personally I'm inclined to the view that the video speaks for itself. However:

"Jean-Claude Juncker denies alcohol problem during interview in which he drinks four glasses of champagne"

"Jean-Claude Junker renowned for drinking, smoking and sarcasm"

"Polish MP accuses Juncker of ‘alcohol dependency’"

"Ruth Davidson hits out at EU chief Jean-Claude Juncker's drinking habits after Downing Street dinner"

I mean, there's pages of this stuff.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
devil

OK, he may have a drinking problem, so what? I don't know why you make such a fuss and carry-on about it. But that does not rule out sciatica, either, or does it, in your light? If you had not the urge to see the worst in people at all times, perhaps you may be a happier person?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

devil wrote:
OK, he may have a drinking problem, so what? I don't know why you make such a fuss and carry-on about it. But that does not rule out sciatica, either, or does it, in your light? If you had not the urge to see the worst in people at all times, perhaps you may be a happier person?

I think, particularly at this juncture (almost! Very Happy ), having a man at the head of the EU Commission who appears publicly in a state of drunken torpor doesn't bode well for rationality or compromise.

I've presented what I think is reasonable support for the position that Junker is a drunkard. If he has such a condition as debilitating Sciatica shouldn't he be enjoying his garden?

Your last sentence is a clear breach of the first commandment. Shocked Wink Moreover, I am quite a happy soul, with many friends. Too many it seems sometimes. Sad Conversely, you don't come across as a benign individual in here at times. Wink Mr Angry.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

Just another Euro dummy drunk at our expense after a nice Lunch. Time prats like him got the boot.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

I can't believe he is reported as being 63 years old. He looks a good 10 years older than that. Was he originally an Immigrant without papers?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

If he goes who takes his place.

Gawd I'm depressed.................

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

bubblechris wrote:
If he goes who takes his place.

Gawd I'm depressed.................

Every cloud............better a drunk, full of Bon homie, Junk than a megalomaniac Blair. Shocked Laughing

Actually, J-C J has said he doesn’t plan to stand again. Was that a Freudian slip? Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
devil

Duplicated, sorry!

Last edited by devil on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
devil

Quote:
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker suffered a painful sciatica attack at a NATO summit this week, a commission spokesman said on Friday, dismissing as “more than tasteless” media speculation that he was drunk.

Comment raised by a video of the EU chief executive staggering and being aided by other leaders on Wednesday evening prompted the German government to insist it had a “very high level of confidence” in Juncker, who will represent the European Union at trade talks in China, Japan and the United States later this month.

“On Wednesday night, he suffered a particularly painful attack of sciatica, accompanied by cramps,” Schinas said, adding that Juncker thanked the Dutch and Portuguese prime ministers for helping him from a podium erected for a group photograph.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Friday that Juncker had back trouble at the summit and that he did not seem drunk.

Juncker, 63, has previously himself spoken of back and leg pain and serious injuries he suffered in a car accident in 1989. He makes no secret of enjoying a drink but dismisses allegations he has an alcohol problem

Mr T. I hope you will never have to suffer from chronic sciatica. Believe me, it is hell.

PS I, too, enjoy a glass of wine most evenings. Does that make me an alcoholic?

Last edited by devil on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Well, as Mandy Rice-Davies once famously said .............

That statement was issued by his office. They’re not likely to say “Yeah, good ole JC, p***** again.” He has a reputation, many sources, easily researched. Believe what you wish.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quote
devil

Mr Tibbs wrote:

That statement was issued by his office. They’re not likely to say “Yeah, good ole JC, p***** again.” He has a reputation, many sources, easily researched. Believe what you wish.

Never a good word for anyone!

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

devil wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Never a good word for anyone!

I like Donald Trump. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(joke)

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

Looking at the video, there is little sign of "excruciating" pain on his face....sorry, he has had a few...

Mercury Rising

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:21 am Reply with quote
Kmas100

Personally, I've never liked the guy. He has never been a friend to the UK at any time yet is active in the negotiations. He is known to be a drunk and he has shown this behaviour countless times. He may be an intelligent man but he is the EU's own Boris Johnson... (an embarrassment)!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat