Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Tottenham bottle it.....again!
Tottenham bottle it.....again! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Pictures: 0

The team that, a couple of years ago in the Premiership, managed to come third in a two horse race once more had enough players on the pitch to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!! Evil or Very Mad

England 'Captain' Harry Kane (was he playing tonight?) was almost as inspirational as the legend Bobby Moore.........don't you think?!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, in no small part to the Spuds contribution.......They're Coming Home!!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:04 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Why no comments? So obviously true and a game of two halves proves it. At one point England did look exciting but second half was pathetic. I thought Harry was fit for substitution but even Gareth dare not do that.

Woody comes in for a fair (fare?) Bit of hassle but this must be forgiven when England reverts to being "bloody good losers". I think that statement was made by David Bedford many years ago when he came second in a race he was expected to win.

Ok England exceeded our expectations but hardly a game to celebrate. The experience of the older Croatian players won through.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quote
tonyl

Where's Kevin NOT watching when you need him?

One pass forward, 3 back. I'd love to know the ratio of forward to backward passes. As soon as they get near the oppositions penalty area it's as though they think "hell what are we doing here, lets get the ball back to our keeper (the only man with much credit) as soon as possible".

When I was at school (just this side of WW2) we had it drummed into us that you pass the ball to your team mate INFRONT of him so that he could attack.
These days they seem to be facing their own goal when they get it so I suppose technically it is infront of them and there's only one way to go.

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Tottenham bottle it.....again! 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
The team that, a couple of years ago in the Premiership, managed to come third in a two horse race once more had enough players on the pitch to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!! Evil or Very Mad

England 'Captain' Harry Kane (was he playing tonight?) was almost as inspirational as the legend Bobby Moore.........don't you think?!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now, in no small part to the Spuds contribution.......They're Coming Home!!

Unfortunately it looks like that mentality with Spurs has transferred to the international stage with them. Kane and Alli were both woeful last night..Got to add that Sterling was back to his "best" again last night running around like a headless chicken..

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:05 am Reply with quote
sagalout

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Nuff said🤣🤣

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Kane still in the running for the 'Golden Boot' - unless Lukaku gets 3 on Sunday.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Can you imagine what it would of been like if, somehow, England had gone on to win it with all those Spuds in the team? Rolling Eyes

Teflon Boy would have been (even more) unbearable!! Big Smile

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
tonyl

Kwacka wrote:
Kane still in the running for the 'Golden Boot' - unless Lukaku gets 3 on Sunday.

Yeh, what a joke. Half his goals are penalties. Why don't they discount penalties for this "award"?

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Diver Dave

Kwacka wrote:

He's going home Sunday So it's Kane award for the taking then. He could not against us 2 weeks ago

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

Difference between West Ham & Spurs? West Ham won the World Cup in 66, & Spurs bottled it in 18🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Diver Dave wrote:
Kwacka wrote:

He's going home Sunday So it's Kane award for the taking then. He could not against us 2 weeks ago

Considering he didn`t play could be a good reason he didn`t Very Happy Very Happy

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:29 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Thatís the way sagalout give it straight back
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
'Three Lions'........A New Version! 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Three Cock(erel)s start the match,

Then England's hope was Dier(!) Shocked.

Captain Kane's no Abel(!) giant,

And wilting Rose not fragrant!

That's why they're coming home...Ö.

The Bottlers are coming home!!

Big Smile
NB Should the Lightning Seeds care to release this version, and it becomes a Hit Record, then I shall gladly donate my share of the royalties to a Charity of Teflon Boy's choosing!! Big Wink

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room