Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Boris resigns as FS - update: Jeremy Hunt appointed Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Boris resigns as FS - update: Jeremy Hunt appointed 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

First David Davis, now Boris Johnson:

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Update: Jeremy Hunt appointed as new Foreign Secretary

Last edited by journo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

His resignation should have been months ago; in fact, he should never have been appointed as Foreign Secretary, IMHO.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pm Reply with quote
mouse

devil wrote:
His resignation should have been months ago; in fact, he should never have been appointed as Foreign Secretary, IMHO.

Agree with that he has been a total waste of space and a nonsense.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Pictures: 0

mouse wrote:
devil wrote:

Agree with that he has been a total waste of space and a nonsense.

A prelude to yet another " Night of the Long knives ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Now for the Chief Remoaner, Theresa the Appeaser, to pack her bags and hand the job over to someone with a spine. Time to walk away and to then watch as Barnier, Junker and Tusk come snivelling back with their tail between their legs.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
mouse

DAC wrote:
Now for the Chief Remoaner, Theresa the Appeaser, to pack her bags and hand the job over to someone with a spine. Time to walk away and to then watch as Barnier, Junker and Tusk come snivelling back with their tail between their legs.

Careful Pete likes old sexy legs. Laughing

But to your point, they have no reason to do so. A hard Brexit won't affect them in the least. About time the Brexiteers wised up to the fact.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Mouse yes I do like her I think she is a very decent woman
Who has been stabbed in the back by people who should know better
When the general election comes I think very soon
And Corbyn the Trotsky gets in that useless bunch of Torres
Will say what have we done for my money leave Europe tommorow
And tell them stick there deals up there jacksy we will be alright
Pete
Re: Boris Johnson resigns 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
mouse

Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Mouse yes I do like her I think she is a very decent woman
Who has been stabbed in the back by people who should know better
When the general election comes I think very soon
And Corbyn the Trotsky gets in that useless bunch of Torres
Will say what have we done for my money leave Europe tommorow
And tell them stick there deals up there jacksy we will be alright
Pete

I agree, I think she is being stabbed in the back, but you obviously agree with Davis and Johnson then because they say virtually the same as you about leaving Europe.

Labour will have no chance while Corbyn is the leader.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

DAC wrote:

LOL

The resignations have strengthened May's position.

And Barnier, Junker and Tusk can only 'come snivelling back' if the leaders of the EU tell them to go 'snivelling back'.

Last edited by Kwacka on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Mouse
Davis Johnson and Cameron are three quitters as far as I’m concerned
And I have no time for quitters in any shape or form
The start of all this was David Cameron who I liked but now
I would no hit or miss over him if he was alight
Hope that clears up me and my stance
Pete

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:52 am Reply with quote
spanner

Another general election in the air?

Vince Cable holding the balance of power with all the remainer votes? Or even governing?

What an unmitigated c*ck-up!

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

DAC wrote:

And why would they do that?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

sugarray1955 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Careful DAC! You’ve got 6 bloodthirsty “cabal” members (dib-dib-dib, dob-dob-dob.........secret handshake) on this thread. Shocked Laughing

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:10 am Reply with quote
dagwood

Good old Boris. As always, he set low standards and still failed to achieve them.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

sugarray1955 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Because......."They need us more than we need them!"!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

7 Shocked

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

The whole thing has been a shambles from start to just months away from
when we are supposed to be leaving Shocked

Have always voted Conservative or abstained in elections - given a choice
now couldn't for anyone - just useless the lot of them!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Steve - SJD wrote:
The whole thing has been a shambles from start to just months away from
when we are supposed to be leaving Shocked

And on Friday evening Theresa May had the audacity to tell the EU to get a move on!

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Mr Tibbs wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Careful DAC! You’ve got 6 bloodthirsty “cabal” members (dib-dib-dib, dob-dob-dob.........secret handshake) on this thread. Shocked Laughing

Always amazes me that people who left the country of their birth, and working life, are now so interested in its politics, more so that they're also subject matter experts. Maybe they all have an office full of staff in the UK telling them what's going on in the country that they fled, or maybe they've just spent too much time sitting in the local coffee shop whinging and whining with all the other old men.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

DAC wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
DAC wrote:

Always amazes me that people who left the country of their birth, and working life, are now so interested in its politics, more so that they're also subject matter experts. Maybe they all have an office full of staff in the UK telling them what's going on in the country that they fled, or maybe they've just spent too much time sitting in the local coffee shop whinging and whining with all the other old men.

Well, I don’t agree with some of your terminology but sympathise with the overall view. The reason they’re so interested in this is of course because leaving the EU could have a direct effect on them in many ways. I think it’s all been over hyped for 18 months (some were talking originally about our having to leave here) but there you go.

It’s been clear to me for some time that we would likely end up with a dog’s breakfast. Not least because of the clear divisions that have been encouraged to fester, as in here. Ultimately, despite all the cr@p we’ve seen, there’s no escaping the founding reality though. The vote was to leave. If we don’t do that then you can basically shove all your pious talk about democracy where the sun don’t shine. Rank hypocrisy.

Most of all the angst has been aired before. Umpteen times. Rolling Eyes

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat