Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues » Parking problems on our complex Goto page 1, 2  Next
Parking problems on our complex 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:37 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs
Pictures: 0

Hi all,

We arrived back at our apartment in Kapparis to find that someone has parked in our parking space, ok so not the biggest problem in the world as we can park in one of the other empty spaces until they go out in the car. We have since learned that the owner has returned to the UK, no body on our complex knows the owner or has contact details for them. The problem is that we have friends coming out in a couple of weeks and they won't have anywhere to park, so we were wondering if it was someone from this forum
The only details we have are that the guys name is James and the car is a blue Astra reg no HYK423. if anyone has contact details for them I would be grateful if you could pass them on

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
marionmitchell

Maybe someone could help if you name the complex.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
marionmitchell

Maybe someone could help if you name the complex.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Valentinos
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hello JustThe2OfUs,

Call police station paralimni they will help you 00357 23803024.

Kind Regards Valantis

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

It's the Salonika complex but we have been told that the owner of the car lives on one of the neighboring complexes

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

Valentinos wrote:
Hello JustThe2OfUs,

Call police station paralimni they will help you 00357 23803024.

Kind Regards Valantis

Thanks for your reply Valantis I will give it until tomorrow to see if anyone knows the owner or we get contact details and then we may go down this route if we get no luck

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
madmum

I'm sure you are right but are you 100% you actually have nominated parking spaces?? just as we have apartment and were told you can park wherever you find a space. if lucky under cover but if not lots of room in the open
first summer we stayed there parked under cover & later were sitting on balcony when lady came up saying is that your car in my space. pointed out no allocated parking which she wouldnt have saying i own my apartment. told her so do i & all she kept saying is ours was a hire car. gave in & moved car. but later asked committee who agreed with me & told me not to move again. but glad i did as few months later another resident had paint stripper poured over car for parking in "her space"

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:44 pm Reply with quote
adyandkaren
Pictures: 23

madmum wrote:
were told you can park wherever you find a space. if lucky under cover but if not lots of room in the open

That's exactly what guests are told at our apartments, which is fine temporarily, but our parking spaces are actually included on our deeds.

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

madmum wrote:
I'm sure you are right but are you 100% you actually have nominated parking spaces?? just as we have apartment and were told you can park wherever you find a space. if lucky under cover but if not lots of room in the open
first summer we stayed there parked under cover & later were sitting on balcony when lady came up saying is that your car in my space. pointed out no allocated parking which she wouldnt have saying i own my apartment. told her so do i & all she kept saying is ours was a hire car. gave in & moved car. but later asked committee who agreed with me & told me not to move again. but glad i did as few months later another resident had paint stripper poured over car for parking in "her space"

The parking space is marked with out apartment number and it was marked on the plans when we purchased the apartment so my guess is that it is designated to us

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:30 pm Reply with quote
madmum

JustThe2OfUs wrote:
madmum wrote:

The parking space is marked with out apartment number and it was marked on the plans when we purchased the apartment so my guess is that it is

designated to us

Yes it must be. Cheeky sods parking there especially if in another complex. Ring police & say itís been dumped there

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

Friendly farmer with a tractor and a chain?

If you can't be good, be careful

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

[quote="hatzyian"]Friendly farmer with a tractor and a chain?[/quote

That has certainly crossed my mind 🤔

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

Well the car is still in our parking space and we have friends going out in a few weeks so it looks like a job for the police. It is strange that nobody seems to know the owner

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:38 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

Well the Police will know the owner when they check the registration. And whether it is taxed, MOT'd and insured.

Trev..

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

JustThe2OfUs wrote:
Well the car is still in our parking space and we have friends going out in a few weeks so it looks like a job for the police. It is strange that nobody seems to know the owner

Think I can sort this now - will send you a message.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

Thanks Trev, Steve I look forward to hearing from you
Cheers Alan & Caroline

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
Blossom

Unfortunately I dont think the police will get involved because its on Private property, and its not obstructing an emergency exit? think before towing it away ,because you will be liable for any damage etc, if it was me, and the parking space was 100% belonging to me, I would have a small anti parking post installed, that you tilt up and down, locking it while you are away, thus stopping other's from parking in your space.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

Blossom wrote:
Unfortunately I dont think the police will get involved because its on Private property, and its not obstructing an emergency exit? think before towing it away ,because you will be liable for any damage etc, if it was me, and the parking space was 100% belonging to me, I would have a small anti parking post installed, that you tilt up and down, locking it while you are away, thus stopping other's from parking in your space.

Blossom, we intend installing a anti parking post I just hope the owner removes the car before I install the post!

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Have resolved this now and the car has been removed.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

Steve - SJD wrote:
Have resolved this now and the car has been removed.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Cheers for your help Steve, we have just had confirmation from karma that we can install a parking post so that is the first job on our return

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues