Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Short circuit keeps dropping
Short circuit keeps dropping 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
tonyattherovers
Pictures: 2

Having problems with my tv keep freezing in the last hour or so. (It's now 6.45 pm Wednesday) Anyone else in the Paralimni Protaras Avenue area having problems? I know the service was down this morning but it's now back ok, but TV is unwatchable.
I know it's Shortcircuit that the problem is with because I'm now on my neighbours wifi and not having any problems...so it's not my tv supplier..
If anyone else is having problems let me know and I'll speak to them tomorrow
Cheers
Tony
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil
Pictures: 0

Have you tried turning off your modem and after a few seconds, turning it on again .

And have you tried doing a speedtest..
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

In Kapparis with ShortCircuit and have been streaming TV through
it for the last hour or so with no issues.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Pictures: 0

We are on Short circuit in Dherynia and Facetime will not connect for the last couple of hours.
Paul.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote
tonyattherovers
Pictures: 2

trevnhil wrote:
Have you tried turning off your modem and after a few seconds, turning it on again .

And have you tried doing a speedtest..
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Trev..

Yep
Have done speed test and it's coming up with speed of 8mbs or thereabouts which is what I signed up for.
Trouble is it can drop for a few seconds then be back up to normal, so that's when it appears to be dropping out.
I am on Cosmos wireless through my neighbour at the moment so wondering if that is the way to go in future...
Will give Shortcircuit a ring tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on it.
Tony

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 am Reply with quote
JIM
Pictures: 6

It has been said here, what you need to do is from the wall unplug your streaming devise let it reboot again, and it should sort out your problem, the modem also needs to be re-powered and again rebooted, no good just pulling the power lead from your streaming unit as it retains its own memory, just power down from the outlet on your wall.

Good luck with this.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General