Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » TRUMP! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post: #121   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Pictures: 0

Kwacka wrote:
I need to apologise, Mt T.

A week or two back you commented on Obama 'dithering' (or similar) and I replied that he had referred the decision to attack Syria following the use of chemical weapons to Congress and they hadn't discussed it.

I replied using my memory and didn't bother to check.

I now find that Congress didn't get round to discussing it because Obama had referred it to them but later asked them to put it on hold as negotiations with Syria were taking place and he preferred to allows these to continue unhindered.

I was wrong to make such a statement without confirmation. My apologies.

Well done Kwacka, not many on this forum would admit to being wrong Clap
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #122   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Kwacka wrote:
I now find that Congress didn't get round to discussing it because Obama had referred it to them but later asked them to put it on hold as negotiations with Syria were taking place and he preferred to allows these to continue unhindered.

At the time, the USA were in negotiations with Russia. As a result Assad declared 1,300 tons of chemical weapons, which were destroyed by weapons inspectors.

Post: #123   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

sugarray1955 wrote:
Well done Kwacka, not many on this forum would admit to being wrong Clap

I always admit when I am wrong. Sad

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat