Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Tottenham Talk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Tottenham talk 
Post: #161   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed
Pictures: 0

Harry who
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #162   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Harry Winks - he's played one match for England, the last qualifying game against Lithuania.

Quote:
Manager Gareth Southgate gave debuts to Tottenham's Harry Winks and Leicester City defender Harry Maguire and also experimented with a three-man central defence after their place in Russia was confirmed by Thursday's win against Slovenia at Wembley.

Winks impressed, almost scoring in the second half, and there was a heavy Spurs influence in the game's decisive moment after 27 minutes as Dele Alli was fouled, leaving Kane to score, as he has done in each of his four games as England captain.

and
Quote:
And Winks made a decent first impression amid the mediocrity of so much of this match, neat in possession, competitive in the physical challenges and never looking uncomfortable in the international environment, irrespective of the standard of the Lithuanian opposition.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

HTH

Tottenham talk 
Post: #163   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

As I said Harry who

Post: #164   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Blossom wrote:
Just like to wish our Five young Lions the best of luck in the World Cup, carrying on a great tradition of Spurs players playing for England, Spurs have provided more players to England then any other club ( 78 ).... im sure you will do Spurs and England Proud...COYS

Unfortunately it doesn`t say much as to quality when you look at Englands record Smile And once again we have not a cat in hell`s chance of winning it this year.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #165   PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

sugarray1955 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
Just like to wish our Five young Lions the best of luck in the World Cup, carrying on a great tradition of Spurs players playing for England, Spurs have provided more players to England then any other club ( 78 ).... im sure you will do Spurs and England Proud...COYS

Unfortunately it doesn`t say much as to quality when you look at Englands record Smile And once again we have not a cat in hell`s chance of winning it this year.

Mate only one team can win it, I would be happy, if the lads give it 100% and we play with a plan and purpose, unlike the Euros when that Muppet Hodgson , had 6ft odd Kane taking corners and four ft nothing Rooney waiting to head them ...not, to tell you the truth I was against Southgate getting the job, but I think he is his own man, and unlike the past managers who would always pick the names, no matter how past it or injured they were.... maybe its just wish full thinking on my side, but Ive got a good feeling?

Post: #166   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

BTW my post wasn`t a dig at Spurs players (think you have some great players at the moment) but the fact that as a nation we are just not good enough. Looking at the prem how many players that are English would you put in the world class bracket? Me personally it would be a big fat 0 because whatever position you look at there is someone better at it somewhere else in the world.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #167   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
Blossom

sugarray1955 wrote:
BTW my post wasn`t a dig at Spurs players (think you have some great players at the moment) but the fact that as a nation we are just not good enough. Looking at the prem how many players that are English would you put in the world class bracket? Me personally it would be a big fat 0 because whatever position you look at there is someone better at it somewhere else in the
world.

Mate I didnt take it as a dig, I disagree over the years England have had some of the best players going, what we havent had is the right people running and managing the National team, not since Alf Ramsey, just look at the rubble that have been manager of England, the only thing The FA were interested in was filling up Wembley, they employed yes men who would do what they were told, how many extra matches that players like Beckham/Rooney etc were given, when they were well past it... the disgusting decision never to give probably the best English manager ever the top job ie Brian Clough tells the story..... as for World class English players, Harry Kane would get into any team on the planet right now.
Tottenham talk 
Post: #168   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

So would Calum chambers

Post: #169   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

Fantastic photos of the build
Re: Tottenham talk 
Post: #170   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Pete The Highwayman wrote:
So would Calum chambers

Didn't they try him a few years ago?

Post: #171   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Whilst I agree that Kane is a superb footballer he is still not in the league of the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, IMHO any of those attackers would be ahead of Kane in any team in the world. These are attackers who can turn a game single handed, that is something that I have yet to see Kane do. If I could pick 1 player from Spurs to move to United it would be Eriksen, I think he is fantastic and without him you would not have finished in the top 4, he truly is a world class player.

Post: #172   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
Blossom

sugarray1955 wrote:
Whilst I agree that Kane is a superb footballer he is still not in the league of the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, IMHO any of those attackers would be ahead of Kane in any team in the world. These are attackers who can turn a game single handed, that is something that I have yet to see Kane do. If I could pick 1 player from Spurs to move to United it would be Eriksen, I think he is fantastic and without him you would not have finished in the top 4, he truly is a world class player.

No one is in Messi or Ronaldos level, but they have been playing alot longer then Kane.... Kane two Golden boots on the trot has scored over 40 goals this season while missing many games through injury, as for winning us games, take a look at the stats..and you would have Kane at Utd in a heart beat, dont even try to deny it Laughing
Tottenham talk 
Post: #173   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Kwacka do try to keep up I know chambers should not have gone
But this is not about that this is about that spurs geezer who hates arsenal
Of all the players in the premiership he had to pick an arsenal player
Well Iíll tell you this every time he comes on here I will aggravate and
Irritate him because I donít dislike any team Iím a football supporter
Not a bigot with pure hatred for the arsenal so the gloves are off
And if he canít stand the heat he better get out of the kitchen
Come on you marvellous arsenal
Pete

Post: #174   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Pete everyone is discussing things reasonably now - I suggest you do the
same.

Cheers

Steve
Tottenham talk 
Post: #175   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Steve
I get a bit fed up with you always having a dig at me
They man if you want to call him that he has pure hatred for Arsenal
And he might get away with it with you but never with me
Pete

Re: Tottenham talk 
Post: #176   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Steve
I get a bit fed up with you always having a dig at me
They man if you want to call him that he has pure hatred for Arsenal
And he might get away with it with you but never with me
Pete

Pete I don't care if he hates Arsenal or Timbuktu FC - some of the
stuff posted is all rather childish if you ask me.

If folks stick to the football then there will be no issues and fewer
problems.

Cheers

Steve
Tottenham talk 
Post: #177   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

Steve
I agree with you 100% itís not banter with him letís playground stupidity
You wonít except for this week find on one occasion when I started it
I am a retailiater always have been always will be remember
That man drove old sagalout off here I donít no him personally
But heíll always seemed a gentle person to me thatís how he got away with it
Well I ainít a gentle person Iím a nasty bugger
Keep smiling
Pete by the way lot of mistakes on here Iím sorry

Post: #178   PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:59 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Blossom wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:

No one is in Messi or Ronaldos level, but they have been playing alot longer then Kane.... Kane two Golden boots on the trot has scored over 40 goals this season while missing many games through injury, as for winning us games, take a look at the stats..and you would have Kane at Utd in a heart beat, dont even try to deny it Laughing

Honestly I wouldn`t, the one player in the world I would have is Griezmann now he is world class and he has done it at the top level and won things, look at his finishes in the Europa cup, absoluteley sheer class. And I reiterate again the one player I would have from Spurs is Eriksen, this game is about opinions and my opinion of Kane is evidently not the same as yours. If you have look at Lukaku`s stats they compare very favourably with Kane`s considering he was at West Brom and Everton, this year he has been starved of good service, with someone like Eriksen in the team his stats would definitely improve.

Post: #179   PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

sugarray1955 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:

Honestly I wouldn`t, the one player in the world I would have is Griezmann now he is world class and he has done it at the top level and won things, look at his finishes in the Europa cup, absoluteley sheer class. And I reiterate again the one player I would have from Spurs is Eriksen, this game is about opinions and my opinion of Kane is evidently not the same as yours. If you have look at Lukaku`s stats they compare very favourably with Kane`s considering he was at West Brom and Everton, this year he has been starved of good service, with someone like Eriksen in the team his stats would definitely improve.

Sorry mate not buying it, you must be the only Man U fan on the planet, who wouldn't want Harry Kane as for preferring Lukaku , we will have to agree to disagree Cheers

Post: #180   PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Blossom wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:

Sorry mate not buying it, you must be the only Man U fan on the planet, who wouldn't want Harry Kane as for preferring Lukaku , we will have to agree to disagree Cheers

Buy it or not mate, and I can assure I am not the only United who feels that way, there are other players out there I would take over Kane that is how I genuinely feel. Kane is 25 soon and has won nothing, as you know football is a very fickle sport, how long do you think he will stay happy if that continues.
Tottenham Talk 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room