Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » England Squad 2018 - Happy Clapper or a Grim Reaper?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 

England Squad 2018

The Closing Date For Voting Is: Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm
Start the celebrations
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
We're doomed, doomed
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes Cast : 15

England Squad 2018 - Happy Clapper or a Grim Reaper? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14361
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
England Squad 2018 - Are you a 'Happy Clapper' or a 'Grim Reaper'?

_________________
"I have a hard time arguing with people who are stupid" - Professor Carl Hart
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
I think its the strongest group of players available to him. Im warming to the manager,
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
J B
Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 1299
Pictures: 0
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

 
Mixed thoughts.

Best players that he can pick, but will probably fail ... like we normally do!!

Which way shall I vote?? Laughing

_________________
J B
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 696
Pictures: 0

 
Not a cat in hell`s chance, don`t understand why he did not take Wilshere with them...This squad just shows the true quality of English footballers and unfortunately at this moment in time, it is not very good to say the least.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
sugarray1955 wrote:
Not a cat in hell`s chance, don`t understand why he did not take Wilshere with them...This squad just shows the true quality of English footballers and unfortunately at this moment in time, it is not very good to say the least.

Wilshere was rejected by Bournmouth , that says it all,and to Quote Roy Keane, who recently said, Jack Wilshere is the most overrated player on Earth, and I agree with him, his premiership stats are rubbish, 8 goals/17 assists in 166 appearances..yet 34 yellow and 2 reds, compare that to Dele Alli 106 games 37 goals/ 26 assists says it all, not to mention a police caution for spitting at a Taxi driver and other anti social issues, nasty little chap.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
I think Newcastle's Shelvy, should be more disappointed because he has more talent then Wilshere, unfortunately his disciplinary record is just as bad ,,ant the other teams would of wound him up, big time.... Welbeck and Delph are another two who in my opinion are very lucky to be going.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14361
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Shelvey's reputation seems to be the cross he has to bear:

His record this season -

Straight red 1 (first game, stamping on player)
Sent off (2 yellows) 1
Other yellows 2

Not the worst 'charge sheet' of the 2018/19 season.

_________________
"I have a hard time arguing with people who are stupid" - Professor Carl Hart
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
Kwacka wrote:
Shelvey's reputation seems to be the cross he has to bear:

His record this season -

Straight red 1 (first game, stamping on player)
Sent off (2 yellows) 1
Other yellows 2

Not the worst 'charge sheet' of the 2018/19 season.

The Sad thing Kwacka is he is a very talented footballer, unfortunately his got something not right in his head, if Raffa hasnt managed to sort him out I doubt if any manager can? I think back to when we played them earlier, they were the better team until he had a brain block, he stamped on Dele's foot and off he went, totaly changed the game and Spurs won.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
lamby
Joined: 01 Jul 2011
Posts: 425
Pictures: 0
Location: Sotira

 
Got to admit blossom, my sentiments entirely with those two.always said Wilshire is a nasty little sod and agree with Keano when he says is the most overrated player out there.
always remember Shelvey losing the plot too when he went for SAF a few years back.could be a superb attacking midfielder if he could only control his temper.as for England getting far in the world cup...really!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

England squad 2018 happy clapper or grim reaper 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2281
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Evening
I agree with sugaray we got no chance I agree with every thing about Wiltshire but deli Ali ainít no saint if I was at Arsenal the greatest club
I would sell Wiltshire also Ramsey and the two goalkeepers
Keep smiling
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
lamby wrote:
Got to admit blossom, my sentiments entirely with those two.always said Wilshire is a nasty little sod and agree with Keano when he says is the most overrated player out there.
always remember Shelvey losing the plot too when he went for SAF a few years back.could be a superb attacking midfielder if he could only control his temper.as for England getting far in the world cup...really!!

Agree with everything you say....come on its a group we can get out of,,,,, keep the faith Chaps...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14361
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Blossom wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Shelvey's reputation seems to be the cross he has to bear:

His record this season -

Straight red 1 (first game, stamping on player)
Sent off (2 yellows) 1
Other yellows 2

Not the worst 'charge sheet' of the 2018/19 season.

The Sad thing Kwacka is he is a very talented footballer, unfortunately his got something not right in his head, if Raffa hasnt managed to sort him out I doubt if any manager can? I think back to when we played them earlier, they were the better team until he had a brain block, he stamped on Dele's foot and off he went, totaly changed the game and Spurs won.


I agree, he is a very talented player, I don't believe there's a current English player with his vision and passing ability.

Quote:
Shelvey hit seven accurate long passes in Newcastle's win over Arsenal, more than anyone on the pitch, and they helped execute Rafael Benitez's plan to expose Arsenal's defence with the pace of Dwight Gayle.

Of English central midfielders in the Premier League, only Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier play more passes into the final third over 90 minutes - and both of them play in sides who dominate possession.


Stamping on Dele's foor was stupid and he was also sent off after two yellows in one game, but between 01/01/2018 and 18/04/2018 he received 2 yellow cards (compared with Delle Alli & Jack Wilshere's 6) - only Jordan Henderson amongst English Premier League midfield players received fewer (1).

He's third bottom in the list of fouls conceded during that period (20) "despite playing in a two-man midfield where his side spend a lot of time defending."
Quote:

"You can say anything about disciplinary issues but I had two red cards this season," he said recently. "The first one was very stupid and i (sic) feel like I've learned from it."



Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Telegraph, 18/04/2010.

I'd suggest that the last 5 months have demonstrated a greater maturity.

_________________
"I have a hard time arguing with people who are stupid" - Professor Carl Hart
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
Kwacka wrote:
Blossom wrote:
Kwacka wrote:
Shelvey's reputation seems to be the cross he has to bear:

His record this season -

Straight red 1 (first game, stamping on player)
Sent off (2 yellows) 1
Other yellows 2

Not the worst 'charge sheet' of the 2018/19 season.

The Sad thing Kwacka is he is a very talented footballer, unfortunately his got something not right in his head, if Raffa hasnt managed to sort him out I doubt if any manager can? I think back to when we played them earlier, they were the better team until he had a brain block, he stamped on Dele's foot and off he went, totaly changed the game and Spurs won.


I agree, he is a very talented player, I don't believe there's a current English player with his vision and passing ability.

Quote:
Shelvey hit seven accurate long passes in Newcastle's win over Arsenal, more than anyone on the pitch, and they helped execute Rafael Benitez's plan to expose Arsenal's defence with the pace of Dwight Gayle.

Of English central midfielders in the Premier League, only Jordan Henderson and Eric Dier play more passes into the final third over 90 minutes - and both of them play in sides who dominate possession.


Stamping on Dele's foor was stupid and he was also sent off after two yellows in one game, but between 01/01/2018 and 18/04/2018 he received 2 yellow cards (compared with Delle Alli & Jack Wilshere's 6) - only Jordan Henderson amongst English Premier League midfield players received fewer (1).

He's third bottom in the list of fouls conceded during that period (20) "despite playing in a two-man midfield where his side spend a lot of time defending."
Quote:

"You can say anything about disciplinary issues but I had two red cards this season," he said recently. "The first one was very stupid and i (sic) feel like I've learned from it."



Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Telegraph, 18/04/2010.

I'd suggest that the last 5 months have demonstrated a greater maturity.

Could be Raffas influence, I would imagine a foreign team targeting him, and then would he be able to resist the red mist? personaly I would chance it, would have him over Delph any day of the week.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955
Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 696
Pictures: 0

 
Blossom wrote:
lamby wrote:
Got to admit blossom, my sentiments entirely with those two.always said Wilshire is a nasty little sod and agree with Keano when he says is the most overrated player out there.
always remember Shelvey losing the plot too when he went for SAF a few years back.could be a superb attacking midfielder if he could only control his temper.as for England getting far in the world cup...really!!

Agree with everything you say....come on its a group we can get out of,,,,, keep the faith Chaps...


Therein lies the problem, we shouldn`t just be looking to get out of the group, we should be looking to win it, but with the present crop of players I would say this is our worst chance for years, and that is saying something. We have no out and out leaders in the group, there is very little creativity either. We nearly always went into a tournament with a top top goalkeeper, we don`t even have that now, maybe it is the foreign influence in the prem stifling our talent, but due to the money element I cannot see that changing very soon. If we can`t beat Panama or Tunisia we are f****d Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:28 am Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
sugarray1955 wrote:
Blossom wrote:
lamby wrote:
Got to admit blossom, my sentiments entirely with those two.always said Wilshire is a nasty little sod and agree with Keano when he says is the most overrated player out there.
always remember Shelvey losing the plot too when he went for SAF a few years back.could be a superb attacking midfielder if he could only control his temper.as for England getting far in the world cup...really!!

Agree with everything you say....come on its a group we can get out of,,,,, keep the faith Chaps...


Therein lies the problem, we shouldn`t just be looking to get out of the group, we should be looking to win it, but with the present crop of players I would say this is our worst chance for years, and that is saying something. We have no out and out leaders in the group, there is very little creativity either. We nearly always went into a tournament with a top top goalkeeper, we don`t even have that now, maybe it is the foreign influence in the prem stifling our talent, but due to the money element I cannot see that changing very soon. If we can`t beat Panama or Tunisia we are f****d Smile

I understand what your saying, but it is what it is, Il be behind and shouting for the Lads....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 pm Reply with quote
sagalout
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2512
Pictures: 0
Location: London & Tersefanou

 
A few years ago the likes of Lampard etc were saying Jack is the finest of his generation. He was. But sadly he has a great future behind him. Blossom is right Eddie didnít play him why? We overplayed him as kid his legs are bu***rd. check vids of him see how he places his feet itís all wrong he has a problem. Wanna bet Bímouth medics found a problem. What if a minor knock puts him out, you just canít take that chance.
As for Kean Iíll take no truck from a man big enough to take a mans career write it up in his book then deny it.
Donít agree that weíve not had a manger of substance since Ramsey, Hoddle, Venables & Bobby were all good coaches. Think we MAY have one now. Shelby for me could boss that midfield but....itís temperment at big tournaments. That said I think he should have gone.
But back to Jack us gooners love him & letís be honest that clouds all our judgements over players from our teams. For me sadly Jacks time has passed Myhki & Ramsey will do the job better at Arsenal
Letís get behind what is a young team, one more for the future maybe, judge him after the cup.
Sagalout

_________________
imagination is more important than knowledge.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Blossom
Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 279
Pictures: 0

 
sagalout wrote:
A few years ago the likes of Lampard etc were saying Jack is the finest of his generation. He was. But sadly he has a great future behind him. Blossom is right Eddie didnít play him why? We overplayed him as kid his legs are bu***rd. check vids of him see how he places his feet itís all wrong he has a problem. Wanna bet Bímouth medics found a problem. What if a minor knock puts him out, you just canít take that chance.
As for Kean Iíll take no truck from a man big enough to take a mans career write it up in his book then deny it.
Donít agree that weíve not had a manger of substance since Ramsey, Hoddle, Venables & Bobby were all good coaches. Think we MAY have one now. Shelby for me could boss that midfield but....itís temperment at big tournaments. That said I think he should have gone.
But back to Jack us gooners love him & letís be honest that clouds all our judgements over players from our teams. For me sadly Jacks time has passed Myhki & Ramsey will do the job better at Arsenal
Letís get behind what is a young team, one more for the future maybe, judge him after the cup.
Sagalout

Well said.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
England Squad 2018 - Happy Clapper or a Grim Reaper? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 1  



  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #England #Squad #Happy #Clapper #Reaper



 Link To Cyprus Eastern Forum    YouTube Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version