Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Airlines & Flights » Cobalt Air
Cobalt Air 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 am Reply with quote
rigsby
Pictures: 0

Has anybody had any experience with Cobalt Air due to fly out with them on a Sunday shortly from Stansted, always used Monarch before their demise from Luton.There does not seem to be any facility to check in on line Thanks in advance for any info
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi - have used them many times since they started up and no problems.
Friendly staff - on-line check in can be a bit hit & miss but other than
that no complaints from me.

My last flight with them came in at Ģ70 one way so happy with that.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Flew today with them! As always crew,flight etc fine.only down side been with them regularly LCA/STN unable to check in online but they do this at airports free. Today they had problem taking card payments only recently allowed so take cash. Since last flight on board choice of food drink improved.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:52 pm Reply with quote
sandyoap

We've always had excellent return Cyprus-UK flights with Cobalt and always landed in the UK early. We also checked in online in Larnaca this Wednesday for flights to the UK Friday, before we'd got the Cobalt email to say online check in was open, so no problems there either Smile

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:27 am Reply with quote
gunfleet

sandyoap wrote:
We've always had excellent return Cyprus-UK flights with Cobalt and always landed in the UK early. We also checked in online in Larnaca this Wednesday for flights to the UK Friday, before we'd got the Cobalt email to say online check in was open, so no problems there either Smile

I used them yesterday to return to LHR, good flight and service, but I recommend buying food and drinks before boarding at LCA, the on board food and drink is expensive
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
rigsby

It appears you can,t check in on line for Stansted Larnaca flights just rang Cobalt Thanks for your replies I take note about the food on board I will get some thing at the airport

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

8 trips to Stansted only one managed online check in. Worst part of their service and website is even worse. Thank goodness their flights are better but don't expect much for delay compensation...got a coffee voucher for 5 hour delay!

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
rigsby

I took Monarch to court for a 12 hr delay at Larnaca used a now win no fee solicitor and got Ģ640 for me and the wife any thing over 3hrs they have to pay compensation EEC law

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Tried that and despite being told by claims people we were eligible the airline wriggle out of it as the fog was too thick to land. Monarch,Easyjet and even Ryanair all landed instrument aided but Cobalt pilots were not accredited under a certain level in the early days. Maybe they now have enough hours.

Shame their winter flights are not yet released as only other choice is Jet 2 who are mega expensive.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

I checked in online for an Edelweiss flight to Zurich yesterday and when I got to the airport there were 2 desks open, 1 for check in and 1 for bag drop which was empty. I assumed at first they were just running 2 desks for the 1 large queue but nobody was going to the bag drop desk. An Edelweiss guy was wandering around the queue so I asked him if I could use the bagdrop and he said it was only for people who had checked in online. That's me I said. He was surprised to say the least. Nobody can make it work he said. So straight to the front, bags dropped and off to the lounge. Happy bunny.
Paul.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
billibob

Quote:
Cobalt pilots were not accredited under a certain level in the early days. Maybe they now have enough hours.

That's a bit worrying isn't it?

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:25 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Not really all pilots have a minimum altitude cloud/fog level where instrument only landings can be done. It is annoying when other airlines are performing and you get diverted (in our case Stansted to Birmingham hence long slow bus transfer). I understand this excludes compensation claims. Doubt if airlines would want this public knowledge?!

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Tried online check in for Cobalt having successful travelled LCA/STN and checked in online. Told on site Stansted does not offer online check in...rubbish!
3 years and lots of changes and Cobalt still poor and getting expensive. Is online check in something an airline pays for?
Cobalt Air 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
paterson

We were informed at LGW when we has problems, that the IT system Cobalt are running is NOT in sync. with LGW.
May be same at STN.

Tony
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
jeba

What I dislike about Cobalt is that you canīt book pets online. Not even if you book via their callcenter will you be given immediate confirmation that your pet can travel with you. You have to wait at least 24 hours for that. Who wants to book only to find themselves in limbo as to whether or not your pet can fly with them?

No checkin online at Stansted 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Neilandgill

Called Colbault yesterday for a flight from Stansted to Larnaca next Monday. Advised that they cannot offer online checkin from Stansted at moment, but checkin at airport free.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
Silly old Moo

They are ok, not good at giving refunds, waited 2 months and then they still didn't give me the full amount. They charged me for 8 seats that i never reserved due to a technical issue but only refunded me 4 seats. Only 2 of us travelling one way!
The flight was good but you have to check in at the airport. They have advised that this will be fixed.
Hopefully they will sort out their teething problems. Flying with them again in August so let's see.
Cobalt Air 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Airlines & Flights