Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Jeremy Corbyn and military action Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 
Post: #41   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9675
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
devil wrote:
Mr T

I have better things to do with my time than to reply to your rambling screed in detail. Suffice it to say that it is widely laced, as usual, with lies and misconceptions. I invite you to read
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Corbyn’s IRA links are a diversion tactic – the real terrorist enabler is living in no.10
to get a better idea of the truth which you already know but refuse to admit.

Just think over:
1. Theresa May's refusal to allow Parliament to discuss Syrian gas until it was too late
2. Theresa May's major role in the Windrush affair
3. Theresa May's continued vacillation over the NI border
4. Theresa May's major role in the increase of violent crime
5. Theresa May's incompetence in Brexit negotiations
6. etc. ad nauseam

And you think Corbyn is weak!


Hi Devil. You must think I was ignoring you. Sorry.

Firstly, my apologies for forcing you to read my "rambling screed". Actually, I thought it was very courteous. Nay, respectful even. It just goes to show though, that such civility is no guarantee of protection against one of your famous, pig-ignorant rants. Wink

I read your link. Given your normally averse reaction to politically-weighted news sources I have to say I was surprised. It's a left wing rag.

As far as Corbyn is concerned (the OP was I think a fairly light-hearted affair) I don't subscribe to the fantasy that he was a visionary wrt Northern Ireland. He played no part at all in any of the peace processes and has consistently refused to condemn IRA atrocities. At a time when PIRA were indiscriminately murdering men, women and children on the streets of the UK he paraded those directly responsible for the mayhem at Westminster. His assertion that he never met active members of the IRA is a proven lie. He provided succour and comfort to his country's enemies in a time of bitter conflict. His view is and always has been that NI is a a region of British colonial military occupation (for 300 years!)

I actually agree that May is a weak PM. Although, I sympathise with her position. She can please no one and people like yourself would condemn anybody in her shoes at the moment. May is what used to be referred to as "wet". Conservative with a small "c". Unlike Cameron of course, whom you once referred to as "Extreme right wing" (like Hitler?) Laughing

FWIW, whatever my actual view, I don't recall saying that Corbyn was "weak". What I will say is that in my life I don't believe I have ever seen a politician who was so demonstrably unfit for high office.

You are obviously a very clever man and I have no doubt you were a brilliant scientist. When it comes to UK politics you often demonstrate quite a high level of naivety though.

I will ask that you please keep your vitriolic comments to yourself? Or, as my old colleague Byker would have said (there are so few of us left) you always of course have the option to STFU. I tend to treat people as they do me and you can trust me when I say - I can be much better at the aggro than yourself. Wink

_________________
Every day above ground is a good one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #42   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9675
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
scottie wrote:
Pete . Just for you from your favourite reading matter.
If these people had not hung on in there so bravely , we would have been stuffed.
Don't intend trying to educate toy anymore. It's a lost cause . Just have to keep reading and biting my tongue

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.


To me it's tragic irony. A country which lost almost 20 million people in a bitter struggle against Fascism is now effectively led by one.

How else would you describe Putin?

It's also worth bearing in mind that Russia made a deal with the devil (not ours) in 1939. Stalin agreed with Hitler that they wouldn't fight with each other. In that they also agreed on the carving up of Eastern Europe.

I can't for the life of me see though how any of this has a bearing upon current events. We all fought together against the greater evil. However, since 1945 nobody would agree that Russia and the West have been anything other than adversaries - surely?

_________________
Every day above ground is a good one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Jeremy Corbyn and military action 
Post: #43   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
scottie wrote:
It amazes me , the way people go digging and dredging up all of the evil things Russia has
been , rightly or wrongly, accused of in the past but not once have i ever sern tribute given to the great service the people of Russia did us in the second world war. Selective memory syndrome ?


Or perhaps it's just that the actions of the people of Russia have not been
relevant to the topics discussed. Postings relating to Russia have have mostly
been directed at the actions of the Russian state.

Cheers

Steve


And the Russian " state " is made up of ?
I was not aware that Philby &co were part of the "state " which I suppose they must be , as there was no objection from you when they were mentioned .
Of course the people of Russia are relevant , whatever action is taken against them, be it sanctions or some other punishment , it will not affect the "state" it will affect the common man and woman ..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Jeremy Corbyn and military action 
Post: #44   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 22490
Pictures: 55

 
scottie wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
scottie wrote:
It amazes me , the way people go digging and dredging up all of the evil things Russia has
been , rightly or wrongly, accused of in the past but not once have i ever sern tribute given to the great service the people of Russia did us in the second world war. Selective memory syndrome ?


Or perhaps it's just that the actions of the people of Russia have not been
relevant to the topics discussed. Postings relating to Russia have have mostly
been directed at the actions of the Russian state.

Cheers

Steve


And the Russian " state " is made up of ?
I was not aware that Philby &co were part of the "state " which I suppose they must be , as there was no objection from you when they were mentioned .
Of course the people of Russia are relevant , whatever action is taken against them, be it sanctions or some other punishment , it will not affect the "state" it will affect the common man and woman ..


Why would I object to them being mentioned? I never brought the issue
up - but just how many times have you posted a tribute about their service?
For that matter how many times have you reminded us about the service
of the American people in the war when discussing all the bad things
about the US?

What the Russian people did in the war decades ago is not relevant to
the discussions of whether the state is involved in poisoning today or
any of the other things discussed.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #45   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Pete . Just for you from your favourite reading matter.
If these people had not hung on in there so bravely , we would have been stuffed.
Don't intend trying to educate toy anymore. It's a lost cause . Just have to keep reading and biting my tongue

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.


To me it's tragic irony. A country which lost almost 20 million people in a bitter struggle against Fascism is now effectively led by one.

How else would you describe Putin?

It's also worth bearing in mind that Russia made a deal with the devil (not ours) in 1939. Stalin agreed with Hitler that they wouldn't fight with each other. In that they also agreed on the carving up of Eastern Europe.

I can't for the life of me see though how any of this has a bearing upon current events. We all fought together against the greater evil. However, since 1945 nobody would agree that Russia and the West have been anything other than adversaries - surely?


Do you know. I had a long answer already written but have scrubbed it out . People on here are so busy trying to be clever ( and failing dismally ) , or trying to outdo each other , that no debate ever really takes place . Shame that , I'm sure there are dozens of members who would really love to get involved


Last edited by scottie on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Jeremy Corbyn and military action 
Post: #46   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
scottie wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
scottie wrote:
It amazes me , the way people go digging and dredging up all of the evil things Russia has
been , rightly or wrongly, accused of in the past but not once have i ever sern tribute given to the great service the people of Russia did us in the second world war. Selective memory syndrome ?


Or perhaps it's just that the actions of the people of Russia have not been
relevant to the topics discussed. Postings relating to Russia have have mostly
been directed at the actions of the Russian state.

Cheers

Steve


And the Russian " state " is made up of ?
I was not aware that Philby &co were part of the "state " which I suppose they must be , as there was no objection from you when they were mentioned .
Of course the people of Russia are relevant , whatever action is taken against them, be it sanctions or some other punishment , it will not affect the "state" it will affect the common man and woman ..


Why would I object to them being mentioned? I never brought the issue
up - but just how many times have you posted a tribute about their service?
For that matter how many times have you reminded us about the service
of the American people in the war when discussing all the bad things
about the US?

What the Russian people did in the war decades ago is not relevant to
the discussions of whether the state is involved in poisoning today or
any of the other things discussed.

Cheers

Steve


Lol lol that's me told .
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #47   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9675
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
scottie wrote:
Do you know. I had a long answer already written but have scrubbed it out . People on here are so busy trying to be clever ( and failing dismally ) , or trying to outdo each other , that no debate ever really takes place . Shame that I'm sure there are dozens of members who would really love to get involved


Well, we have a truce and I wouldn't wish to break that. However (there's always a "however" Very Happy ). You do like to get involved in subjects which invite vigorous responses. And that of course is what you will get.

What is the "debate"? You seem to be saying that Russia's struggle in WW2 should somehow be taken into account when we have cases nowadays of Putin's adversaries being assassinated on the streets of the UK. Moreover, with his basically grabbing a chunk of his neighbour's territory and calling it Russia. Sorry, I really just don't see your pleas for consideration of the siege of Leningrad 60 years ago as being in any way relevant.

_________________
Every day above ground is a good one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #48   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
scottie wrote:
Do you know. I had a long answer already written but have scrubbed it out . People on here are so busy trying to be clever ( and failing dismally ) , or trying to outdo each other , that no debate ever really takes place . Shame that I'm sure there are dozens of members who would really love to get involved


Well, we have a truce and I wouldn't wish to break that. However (there's always a "however" Very Happy ). You do like to get involved in subjects which invite vigorous responses. And that of course is what you will get.

What is the "debate"? You seem to be saying that Russia's struggle in WW2 should somehow be taken into account when we have cases nowadays of Putin's adversaries being assassinated on the streets of the UK. Moreover, with his basically grabbing a chunk of his neighbour's territory and calling it Russia. Sorry, I really just don't see your pleas for consideration of the siege of Leningrad 60 years ago as being in any way relevant.


I have no wish to break said truce either . Therefore as my point of view has nothing to do with the thread ( as has been pointed out ) and you along with others fail to see the relevance , I will say no more on the subject and go stand in the naughty corner . Goodnight 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #49   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9675
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
scottie wrote:
I have no wish to break said truce either . Therefore as my point of view has nothing to do with the thread ( as has been pointed out ) and you along with others fail to see the relevance , I will say no more on the subject and go stand in the naughty corner . Goodnight 😊


Good night to you Scottie. As me ole Mum used to say, when I was a kid, God bless - see you in the morning. Very Happy

_________________
Every day above ground is a good one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #50   PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 am Reply with quote
devil
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5266
Pictures: 1
Location: Mosfiloti

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
your famous, pig-ignorant rants.

I will ask that you please keep your vitriolic comments to yourself?

I can be much better at the aggro than yourself.


1. My OP is hardly famous, is not pig-ignorant nor, least of all, a rant, which is your speciality.

2. Nothing in my OP could possibly be described as vitriolic. Acid misconceptions is your speciality.

3. I agree that you are the champion at aggro which is your favourite defence mechanism.

The rest of your tirade is beneath comment.

Voilà, a 4-liner!

_________________
Devil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Jeremy Corbyn and military action 
Post: #51   PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2544
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Morning Scottie hope you had a good kip
Read your article about Russia’s struggle in the last war
But we all had troubles we were blamed for Dresden
But nobody blamed the nazis for Coventry
But the most important thing is Germany started it
Keep smiling
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #52   PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9675
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
devil wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
your famous, pig-ignorant rants.

I will ask that you please keep your vitriolic comments to yourself?

I can be much better at the aggro than yourself.


1. My OP is hardly famous, is not pig-ignorant nor, least of all, a rant, which is your speciality.

2. Nothing in my OP could possibly be described as vitriolic. Acid misconceptions is your speciality.

3. I agree that you are the champion at aggro which is your favourite defence mechanism.

The rest of your tirade is beneath comment.

Voilà, a 4-liner!


After what seemed months (or more) of acid comments from you on many of my posts, usually in threads which you played no other part in, I resolved to go to some trouble to try and rectify that situation. I think that's been clearly evident since, most recently in #23, which was a courteous response. As always you have the option of not reading or ignoring.

Your reply was both offensive and unwarranted. It beggars belief you can't see that. Confused

_________________
Every day above ground is a good one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Jeremy Corbyn and military action 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 3 of 3  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Jeremy #Corbyn #military #action



 Link To Cyprus Eastern Forum    YouTube Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version