Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » A & E / PARALIMNI ( DERYNEIA ) HOSPITAL
A & E / PARALIMNI ( DERYNEIA ) HOSPITAL 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:42 am Reply with quote
nikcnet
Pictures: 0

I would like to record my thanks and praise for the excellent response time and help shown to my wife in her time of need by the Emergency service at Paralimni Hospital.

Nearly two weeks ago at 3:30 in the morning I called for an ambulance as my wife was showing the signs of a stroke.

Within 20 minutes they had traveled from the hospital to our home in Xylofagou and taken my wife to the hospital where she received immediate attention and various tests followed by a CT scan.

Unfortunately she was very ill and had to be admitted but the treatment and care since admission has been first class. She is still there but in very good, professional hands.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi Nikcnet,

Thanks for posting - always good to read positive feedback!

Best wishes to your wife and hope she makes a full recovery.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
nikcnet

Steve - SJD wrote:
Hi Nikcnet,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for your kind wishes.

I'm happy to give positive feedback - somehow it seems easier to give
vent to negative experiences so I felt keen to share some of the good that
has emerged from what is still a distressing situation.

Perhaps we should have a 'Good News ' section on the Forum ?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
scottie

nikcnet wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
Hi Nikcnet,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for your kind wishes.

I'm happy to give positive feedback - somehow it seems easier to give
vent to negative experiences so I felt keen to share some of the good that
has emerged from what is still a distressing situation.

Perhaps we should have a 'Good News ' section on the Forum ?

Had to visit last night for the first time in many years and could not agree more
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
kins90

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery. All the best to you as well. I know its a stressful time when your partner is in hospital.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
winstanley59

Best wishes to your wife.
My husband had a heart attack in CYPRUS 17 years ago and was also really well looked after.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
emsyjo
Pictures: 14

It's lovely to see a positive post, it seems that bad news is always more likely to be shared so it makes a refreshing change. I love the idea of a 'Good News' section, I wonder if it would actually make people focus on the good rather than the bad Wink

Best wishes to your wife, I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Hi Nikcnet

Only just realised who your wife is having visited yesterday as part of the Anglican Church hospital visitors team.

Must say she is a wonderfull lady and bearing up well after what was a frightening experience. In the nicest possible way hope she is no longer in hospital when I next visit!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Nice to hear she is receiving good care in there. Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:27 pm Reply with quote
nikcnet

Thanks to all for your support and good wishes - that's cheered up my wife immeasurably !

She's still in hospital but bearing up - some further tests needed but well looked after by kind, supportive professional staff.

When something like this happens, you start to realise that being alive is a gift we perhaps take for granted !

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Havn't had an update, hope everything is ok.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
nikcnet

My wife has now been discharged from hospital - much improved on the condition she went through three weeks ago. However, still very weak and needing oxygen supply and ongoing medication. In practical terms she is also housebound for the forseeable future until her energy levels and strength returns.

Again, many thanks for the kind messages of support received via the Forum community - comforting to know that people do care about others.
A & E / PARALIMNI ( DERYNEIA ) HOSPITAL 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines