Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » I need to RENEW my ethic card
I need to RENEW my ethic card 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
helmien
Pictures: 0

Please advise which is the easiest way to renew my ethic card? Permanently living in Cyprus.
Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

A quick search on DuckDuckGo led me to:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

HTH

Thank you! 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:36 am Reply with quote
helmien

Thanks for your reply!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Please note:
If you live in Europe
If you live in another EEA country or Switzerland, you will be entitled to a UK-issued EHIC if one of the following applies to you:

you receive a UK State Pension or exportable UK benefit and have a UK-issued S1 form (certificate of entitlement) registered in your country of residence
you are a worker posted to work in another EEA country or Switzerland by your UK employer, or a frontier worker living in the EEA and working in the UK
you are a family member of a posted worker or of someone working in the UK and you are not covered in your own right by the EEA country you reside in
you are a student going to another EEA country or Switzerland to study
You cannot apply online for a UK-issued EHIC. Instead, you’ll need to request an EHIC-E application form with the Overseas Healthcare Team. Simply call 0191 218 1999 from the UK or 0044 (0)191 218 1999 from abroad, (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm).

For more detailed information, see the Moving abroad section or phone the EHIC enquiry line on 0300 330 1350.

If you are not eligible for a UK-issued EHIC, you should see if you are eligible for an EHIC in the country you are currently living in.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
madmum

ours doesnt need renewing for quite a few years but as we got it from the S1 form as husband has state pension will we need to get another S1 sent from UK again or will they just renew as had it all last time
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
tilly mint

If you live in the uk, apply on line and it takes 5 days.

If you live in Cyprus you must phone the overseas health care number, they will ask a few details, name, address and NI number, they also check if you have your S1 in place. Remember the card is only valid for 5 years. This is what we did last month as my husband is in receipt of a state pension. It is up to the individual to apply, they do not automatically renew these cards.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
scottie

I thought this card was only valid for emergency treatment on a temporary visit ?
I assume you want you want to renew it because you intend visiting the UK as it can't be used for treatment here by a permanent resident ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
madmum

not sure if original poster meant the EHIC card or the hospital card you get here not sure what its called. my post referred to later as someone mentioned how you qualify to get one.

if i go back to uk can i use the actual EHIC card as now living in cyprus??

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

scottie wrote:
I thought this card was only valid for emergency treatment on a temporary visit ?
I assume you want you want to renew it because you intend visiting the UK as it can't be used for treatment here by a permanent resident ?

If travelling between the UK and here and you fall ill you can use it.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 am Reply with quote
madmum

Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:

daughter & me travelling to uk for a week. we have lived here 17 months

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
scottie

Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:

I just said that 😂😂😂😂

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
madmum

scottie wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:

I just said that 😂😂😂😂

yes you did but then Bobbear said can use it if travelling between uk & here so got confused. now all i have to do is find them.
Renewal from Cyprus. 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
helmien

You have to phone the number given on the website......the 0044 no. They then as you a few questions.....NI no , date of birth etc. The person applying has to actually answer the questions.
They used to send out a questionare, but now you just have to answer by phone and your card will be sent to you!!
Very straight forward.
Thanks for all your replies!

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

scottie wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:

I just said that 😂😂😂😂

No you didn't, I said "travelling between the UK and here" you said "visiting the UK".

My version means between here and the UK there are EU countries where you can use it if you become ill in transit.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:04 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:
scottie wrote:

I just said that 😂😂😂😂

No you didn't, I said "travelling between the UK and here" you said "visiting the UK".

My version means between here and the UK there are EU countries where you can use it if you become ill in transit.

Lol . 😂😂😂😂

I need to RENEW my ethic card 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines