Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues » Updating a Cyprus will - UPDATE
Updating a Cyprus will - UPDATE 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
jb1
Pictures: 0

Any recommendations please for someone who can amend my current Cyprus will which was drawn up naming the solicitor as executor.........something I want to change in light of advice from this forum! Joyce

Last edited by jb1 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote
jb1

Any advice? Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
lamby

Willpower?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:55 am Reply with quote
jb1

I'd heard about Willpower but hadn't seen any recent posts so wasn't sure if anyone had used them recently. Joyce

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:12 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

jb1 wrote:
I'd heard about Willpower but hadn't seen any recent posts so wasn't sure if anyone had used them recently. Joyce

Nothing wrong with Willpower, we have two wills with them, I'd certainly give them a call.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 am Reply with quote
jb1

I emailed Willpower via their website a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a reply, they seem to be difficult to get hold of. Joyce

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

We used Marion Carter for our original Wills, and just had them ammended by her. Marion now does home visits.

Tel 00 357 24 636 115

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

If you do contact Marion i've no problem if you want to say i reccomended her.

Philip Parker.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
Baggysdad
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

According to our records jb1 messaged us via our website on 28th August and we responded on 1st September.

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:05 am Reply with quote
jb1

Baggysdad wrote:
According to our records jb1 messaged us via our website on 28th August and we responded on 1st September.

That's quite correct. .....didn't realise it had gone into spam folder until last week......now fixed an appointment with them. Joyce

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
jb1

Had a home visit from a very nice lady from Willpower last Thursday.....she went over all aspects of making a Cyprus and a UK will. Returned today with the documents and copies, got them signed and witnessed and now can die happy knowing that the extremely expensive lawyer who put himself as executor in my first Cyprus will now won't be involved! Very Happy Joyce

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Are people still being advised to lodge their wills at the Courts in Larnaca?

I believe it makes things a lot simpler when probate is eventually dealt with.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Noddie

We had them a few weeks ago, they are excellent

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
tingtang

I just Googled Willpower to access their website but no result on there other than the obvious meaning of the word.

Could somebody provide a link please.

tt.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

Alternatively click on Baggysdad web link, see post No 8

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Big Alas
Pictures: 2

We have used them and one aspect I very much like is they can give people named in the will a reference number and contact details card to make sure in the event of death that they new where to turn to to prove the will that Willpower had stored for us in the UK. Nice feature without telling everyone the contents !

Also Jane's visits were very helpful and professional so all in all, we are very pleased to give a thumbs up to Paul and Jane from Willpower.

Hope this helps.

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
gazzaga

Having been involved with several estates in Cyprus I recommend using a Lawyer and refer all my clients to Marion Carter. She draws up wills for Cyprus, UK and Isle of Man. You should have a will for each jurisdiction in which you hold assets.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

If you have no choice and have to appoint a lawyer to administer your estate, make sure you negotiate their fee and have this written into your Will to avoid being ripped-off.

Regards,

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
gazzaga

nhowarth wrote:
If you have no choice and have to appoint a lawyer to administer your estate, make sure you negotiate their fee and have this written into your Will to avoid being ripped-off.

Regards,

Good point Nigel. If you use executors who are not the lawyer, it leaves the executors able to negotiate the costs and even sack the lawyer if they are not doing the job well. If you appoint a lawyer as executor, they are very unlikely to sack themselves.....

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

You're correct Nigel, I had heard that we could be taken to the cleaners so got a price from our Cypriot lawyer, on paper and signed.
Updating a Cyprus will - UPDATE 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues