Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner » Cosmos TV - anyone else fed up?
Cosmos TV - anyone else fed up? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am Reply with quote
browney2653
Pictures: 0

Anyone else fed up with the problems Cosmos TV are giving their customers? The latest one is having no live TV for the past 24 hours. You can get catch up and movies still but I for one, want to watch live TV. Catch up comes into it's own when the previous day's programmes are aired too late here to watch. This latest problem is just one of a catalogue I've been experiencing (and suffering) for the past 4 months or so. I signed up with Cosmos last year after hearing how wonderful it was and yes, for the first 6 weeks was delighted and had no problems. Then they "upgraded their server" and since then, it's been problem after problem and their contact number is on speed dial here! The tech guys are very polite and helpful and do what they can but it seems as fast they cure one problem, another one happens. I do appreciate that it will never be 100% perfect but......

I did think paying a year up front getting the 3 months free was a good deal but with hindsight, it's not. As for trying to speak to William to get a definitive solution to all the problems (and possibly an apology for such bad service), that's impossible. I'm beginning to think he's a cardboard cutout!!

I will seriously think about renewing when the time comes as I am paying for the pleasure of all these problems.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:42 pm Reply with quote
paterson

I have been battling with Cosmos since last August.
After 2 months of good service, I went for the 12 month package and within days it went belly up.
Despite providing my bank Iban number to the Owner and endless promises, I still WAIT for the promised refund.
ABSOLUTE waste of time.

Tony.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

what sort of problems do you get, i have cosmos internet, but am looking at the tv package.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
paterson

GeofJ. I was guven a box by Comos to try, they stated it was "state of the Art" very reliable, etc.
Well if froze and buffered like mad, unlike my current system.
I had there 16mbs broadband, well it was rarely anywhere near, after many visits, I had a week end of speeds as low as 1.18mbs. so their TV box would not connect.
3 times I contacted their helpline over that week end, "we'll check and ring you back", 6 + months on and never received a call back. I have read of many cases of this failure to return calls.
I could go on but I'm sure you get my drift.

Tony.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:34 am Reply with quote
wilbur

I have been having the same problems for the last 5 months. Started very well so went for the year up front package and within a week the problems started. Speeds of only 1mb when I paid for vastly more, very poor response from Cosmos if at all, regularly no TV or bad freezing due to lack of speed, set top box regularly being blocked for no reason and only this weekend took over 2 hours to get my tv back on only to find I had no sports or movies which of course I pay for. The biggest mistake I made was taking the annual package as I am now stuck with it as no chance of a refund. If you look back through all the reviews on their Facebook page it is a very common theme, good start to get you hooked then abysmal customer care when the problems start.
Anyone of thinking of going for Cosmos DON’T !
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
paterson

Wilbur, sorry to read that you are like myself with endless problems.
As you state, DON'T ever go there.

Tony.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 am Reply with quote
browney2653

Since my original post last week, we still haven't got our full TV channels back up and running. We only have the ITV, BBC, Channels 4 and 5 working. Keep being told it is a "general problem" and it will be back to normal by Sunday (yesterday!). No word of apology or offer of compensation e.g. free time is offered. I have resisted posting a review on Facebook as I've read bad reviewers are blocked ! In fairness, I've not had any major problems with internet speeds or connection so am happy with that. Like I said in my OP, I will seriously consider renewing the TV package and IF, which currently is a very big IF, I do, it will be on a monthly basis. No way will they ever get my money up front again! Pull your finger out Cosmos and treat your customers with consideration.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 am Reply with quote
glass101

Hi guys,

The problem we are having with Cosmos TV is the picture and sound being out of sync it can be fine during the day but in the evening it is out on both live and catch up. Anyone else suffering.

Linda

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Cosmos TV - anyone else fed up? 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
lamby

browney2653 wrote:
Anyone else fed up with the problems Cosmos TV are giving their customers? The latest one is having no live TV for the past 24 hours. You can get catch up and movies still but I for one, want to watch live TV. Catch up comes into it's own when the previous day's programmes are aired too late here to watch. This latest problem is just one of a catalogue I've been experiencing (and suffering) for the past 4 months or so. I signed up with Cosmos last year after hearing how wonderful it was and yes, for the first 6 weeks was delighted and had no problems. Then they "upgraded their server" and since then, it's been problem after problem and their contact number is on speed dial here! The tech guys are very polite and helpful and do what they can but it seems as fast they cure one problem, another one happens. I do appreciate that it will never be 100% perfect but......

I did think paying a year up front getting the 3 months free was a good deal but with hindsight, it's not. As for trying to speak to William to get a definitive solution to all the problems (and possibly an apology for such bad service), that's impossible. I'm beginning to think he's a cardboard cutout!!

I will seriously think about renewing when the time comes as I am paying for the pleasure of all these problems.

Would never go near these again.shocking service,never returned some of the money owed to me for a period I had had no tv at all..just see attached message I left from Aug last year.....(thread headed internet provider )
Not me I'm afraid. system was hopeless and was given that many excuses ie; data cable being pulled up under the sea,pole with dish on could do with being 10m high,cone on dish faulty etc etc.had 8 visits by engineers( who were very good btw) and I was told by office to be more patient! Finally my patience ran out as we had numerous nights without Internet,so no TV. was told I would get my €100 deposit back within 7/10 days but would not get back my last €35 subscription even though I had system taken out 2 days after payment and had NO Internet in those 2 days.(average speeds over 2 months were 5mb with the last week getting .3 that's .3 when I had paid for 16mb) 5 weeks later I finally got a cheque,this after many heated phone calls asking where it was.(I paid in cash and ironically a man in front of me in the office had just handed over €600!! ) had Cyta since and constant speeds with EXCELLENT customer service. check out Cosmos Facebook were there are complaints that receive shocking customer service from the owner William...something I should have done first!!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:13 am Reply with quote
Rflick

Just from the other side of things.

We switched from CYTA to Cosmos almost a year ago. We went from barely getting 4mb despite paying for 8 with CYTA, to consistently 40+mb with Cosmos.

The only negative, is i found the WiFi box they supply is not very powerful in the home, but easily fixed by plugging into a more powerful unit which are not that expensive.

I dont use them for TV as I use Netflix, but for internet I am more than happy.
COSMOS 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Gerry McMahon

Can someone please reccommend a serious viable alternative PLEASE ???

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner