Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » HEY.!
HEY.! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
cold blow lad
Pictures: 0

To all you ex forces chaps out there. Have you seen the Armys new 'inclusive' recruitment video.? Apparently its because the demographic has changed, they want to appeal to a different spectrum.
So imagine a special forces briefing in the not too distant future. Commander says 'Right people we were gonna parachute you all in behind enemy lines, but HQ have said its far to dangerous. Peoples hair can get messed up, plus weve got to consider the transgenders, wind whistling up skirts can be quite distressing. So were gonna use a local bus, thus supporting the local economy. When we get there, we are to seek out the enemy, and engage them in conversation concerning their anger issues...... preferably over a cappucino. Any Question.? Right we leave at dawn .....or is that a bit early.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Another low-key post then CBL? I doubt you'll get much response.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Good luck with that one.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
cold blow lad

Mr Tibbs wrote:

Good luck with that one.

I've cast my line. Dont you think I'll get a bite then mate.?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

cold blow lad wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Good luck with that one.

I've cast my line. Dont you think I'll get a bite then mate.?

Perhaps one or two Very Happy

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

They are having problems with recruitment how is the new campaign supposed to solve the problem?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am Reply with quote
cold blow lad

Bobbeer wrote:
They are having problems with recruitment how is the new campaign supposed to solve the problem?

Did they not make a load of soldiers redundant recently.?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

cold blow lad wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:

They cut the number by a planned 20,000 three years early in 2015 but now it seems to have swung the other way. They need about 10,000 a year I think just to make up for normal turnover. That doesn’t appear to be happening.

It always seemed to me that you were fairly safe with a Labour government. They were wary of living up to their perceived reputation on defence. Conversely, when the Conservatives were in there never seemed to be a time when there wasn’t a defence review underway. Very Happy

I suspect if Jeremy got in things might be different though.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 pm Reply with quote
cold blow lad

Mr Tibbs wrote:
cold blow lad wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:

They cut the number by a planned 20,000 three years early in 2015 but now it seems to have swung the other way. They need about 10,000 a year I think just to make up for normal turnover. That doesn’t appear to be happening.

It always seemed to me that you were fairly safe with a Labour government. They were wary of living up to their perceived reputation on defence. Conversely, when the Conservatives were in there never seemed to be a time when there wasn’t a defence review underway. Very Happy

I suspect if Jeremy got in things might be different though.

Interesting viewpoint with the Labour party. Thinking about it, I see what you mean. I also read that the Government were offering incentives to tempt back all the highly trained soldiers they got rid of. Just out of interest, would you know much would it cost to train and and kit out a new recruit.?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

These days I believe recruiting takes a nose dive when there are no operations for the guys to deploy on. The routine of barrack life and exercises can get a bit thin at times.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

it is ok to cry, so that is acceptable, all religions can join, so that is acceptable, support should be there, that goes without question, but do the army do enough for treating those with PTSD? apparently not! the Army needs soldiers of all faiths, it should support all "genders" IF THEY ARE WILLING TO PUT THEIR LIFE ON THE LINE!, but all service personnel deserve far more support than is currently given on discharge, something that is currently lacking at the moment.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Quote:
recruiting takes a nose dive when there are no operations

That is true, but who said there are no operations?

And because there is no let up in operations the troops get tired of no rest between rotations.

HEY.! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat