Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner » Alternative to FilmOn
Alternative to FilmOn 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
Tsiakkas
Pictures: 0

Which is the best choice to view and record UK TV? Also who is the most reliable dealer/installer in the Larnaca area? We have had issues with Filmon, especially recordings as mentioned in the earlier posting below.
It seems to be a general problem with customers across Europe and Middle East and to date no response from Filmon. Their customer service is non-existent.
Also finding Kodi difficult to use for Films.Could probably do with a tutor or is it normal to wait hours to find an option that will load
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

exactly my feelings having spent most of the afternoon searching for ways to get Film on working. It still says subscription paid but times out after 2 minutes. Adverts in Daxi look one choice anyone had experience of these?

I have a MiniX box which in theory gives me access via Kodi but cannot get that going either. Obviously we are not alone and could do with an easy non tec solution
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Donít know much about FilmOn but the Mrs is watching it right now, on her laptop.

I thought that if you werenít signed in to your account, or hadnít subscribed, it just let you watch 2 minutes worth though. Think

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Kmas100

For watching UK television I use TV Catchup.. Much more reliable than FilmOn and it's free. Don't think you can record programs though

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Mr Tibbs you have described exactly what my problem is in that I have subscribed to Film on for over 6 months but when renewing it Tuesday it shows as paid but only runs for 2 minutes. The link posted earlier shows this is happening all over Europe since 7.1.18.

Tv catchup works well thanks but I swapped to Film on to get the recording facility.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

SensibleBob wrote:
Mr Tibbs you have described exactly what my problem is in that I have subscribed to Film on for over 6 months but when renewing it Tuesday it shows as paid but only runs for 2 minutes. The link posted earlier shows this is happening all over Europe since 7.1.18.

Tv catchup works well thanks but I swapped to Film on to get the recording facility.

My wife tends to watch most TV on her laptop and FilmOn is OK there. We do have an Android Minix like yourself and I have just had a look. I seem to have the same problem. Just 2 minutes. I canít find anywhere on the Minix FilmOn channel where you can log in though. Confused

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

Mr Tibbs
The normal way to enter an apps configuration settings on an Android device or indeed on any Kodi media related add on is to call up a context menu. To do that and assuming you have a remote with a menu button, or a button with perhaps 3 horizontal lines on it. Press that button when over the add ons icon. That should then allow you to enter the settings configuration and there you enter your username and password.
if that does not work or you cannot figures out how to call up a context menu then as often as not you should be able to plug in either a wired or wireless mouse into the box, then right click on the mouse when over the add on icon and again the context menu should appear, then enter your details.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Same problem on laptop. Log on is similar but on MiniX I just bookmark it . Neither recognise the subscription since 9.1.18.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

As I have put on the other thread Film on still not working for me. It says my monthly fee is paid but allows only 2 minutes viewing. Can anyone advise how to resolve this. I use hot mail but has never caused communication problems with them before.

Totally separate matter...using tv catchup how do you get full screen.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Kmas100

You click on the little box item in the bottom right hand corner

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Thanks that's what I thought but cannot see the "box" perhaps try reinstalling it as works just get the other items showing.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
nikcnet

Kmas100 wrote:
For watching UK television I use TV Catchup.. Much more reliable than FilmOn and it's free. Don't think you can record programs though

We find TV Catchup very good for regular viewing of mainstream UK channels. Not sure about being able to record from this though.

Otherwise, subscribing to My Private Network gives ( parallel ) access to main channels plus ability to play archive material. Used this service for many years without difficulty - cost is £5 per month for UK and only £9 per month for global access. Global access means we can view current US shows that have been broadcast in USA - yesterday for example - and not have to wait a year or two before they screen on UK TV. This Virtual Private Network (VPN) also works on TVPlayer website which gives access to more channels, although some of their channels are available on a subscription only basis (which we haven't tried to use)

I'm not a 'techie' and am averse to the esoterics of using one technical box of tricks rather than another - so my solution is to have the internet and access UK & US TV via the humble laptop.
Alternative to FilmOn 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Gadget & Techie Corner