Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Car Tax - is it due now?
Car Tax - is it due now? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Rovers3City0
Pictures: 0

Anyone know when Car Tax is due?

Last year I paid at the end of March and nearly missed the deadline. Can you renew now or is it not until February?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Started today

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

See:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
madmum

If you have till march to renew without penalty is there any reason to do it now instead of keeping your money for 2 months?? will the police computers pick up you are untaxed if stopped or those with the number recognition machines pull you up. guess they couldnt fine you but prefer not to have all the questions & raking around in glove box to find all the paperwork they want to see
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Hang on to your money for 2 months? And do what with it, makes lots of interest? I paid today with JCCSMART. 47 euros well spent. The only downside is the car tax was a big zero in the UK for my Kia Rio Sad
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 am Reply with quote
jeba

I´ve just tried to pay via JCCsmart but haven´t managed. They are asking for an "owner´s reference number". What is that and how do I get it?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 am Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

jeba wrote:
They are asking for an "owner´s reference number". What is that and how do I get it?

It's been discussed before but can't remember

Is it the bit in C9 on your reg document?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
jeba

J B wrote:
jeba wrote:
They are asking for an "owner´s reference number". What is that and how do I get it?

Doesn´t seem so. The website accepts only 3 digits for that number whereas the number under C9 is much longer.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

You use the last 3 digits of the number - it even says so on the JCC site!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

As the registration document is in Greek I tried the last 3 digits of every number on there. Finally accepted the number that is in small print on the bottom right hand side of the document.
All went smoothly after that.
Paul.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
madmum

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
As the registration document is in Greek I tried the last 3 digits of every number on there. Finally accepted the number that is in small print on the bottom right hand side of the document.
All went smoothly after that.
Paul.

if you have taxed the car before on JCC you can go into account & see previous transactions. i brought up the 1 for the car tax & was option to reprint or make payment again so filled it in automatically

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm Reply with quote
jeba

bromerzz wrote:

If you could see me now you'd see me being very embarrassed. Embarassed

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

I used the last 3 digits of my old passport, its replacement number doesn't work. It' also the last 3 digits of the (now unofficial) Cyprus I.D. card.

Thanks for the pointer to the number on the document.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

jeba wrote:
bromerzz wrote:

If you could see me now you'd see me being very embarrassed. Embarassed

No need to be embarrassed.... this is exactly what this site is for, ask questions and supply answers.
Paul.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Badgerboy51
Pictures: 1

Just taxed mine on JCC and used the last three numbers on my old passport and it worked ok.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

Had a hell of a job taxing on line (JCC) as on the owner identification box it wouldn't accept my passport number nor any other number I could immediately find. Went through all the numbers on the vehicle registration document and eventually found it on section (C9) so any one else having difficulties try the last 3 digits of the number shown there.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

JonandGaynor wrote:
Had a hell of a job taxing on line (JCC) as on the owner identification box it wouldn't accept my passport number nor any other number I could immediately find. Went through all the numbers on the vehicle registration document and eventually found it on section (C9) so any one else having difficulties try the last 3 digits of the number shown there.

Which is the last three numbers of the identification document used when you registered the vehicle...

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
J B
Location: Shropshire/Staffordshire/Cheshire (UK) and Tala (Paphos) sometimes!

JonandGaynor wrote:

Laughing

J B wrote:
jeba wrote:

Laughing

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters