Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Wanted Long Haired Cat
Wanted Long Haired Cat 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quote
TheDragon
Pictures: 0

Please can anyone help. My wife is begging me for a Persian cat she has seen in a pet shop. However I cannot afford the 300 price tag, and there not willing to barter at all. Does anyone know of any kittens, preferably male, that look like persians, but free. Any long hair grey or white cat will do just nice. We have 2 large dogs, and 2 cypriot cats one ginger and one apricot (Got free from a Paralimini) but she wants a persian because of their good nature.

Maybe a persian female that has been frisky with any other cat so no pedegree would be ideal.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Wanted Long Haired Cat 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

plandregan wrote:
Please can anyone help. My wife is begging me for a Persian cat she has seen in a pet shop. However I cannot afford the 300 price tag, and there not willing to barter at all. Does anyone know of any kittens, preferably male, that look like persians, but free. Any long hair grey or white cat will do just nice. We have 2 large dogs, and 2 cypriot cats one ginger and one apricot (Got free from a Paralimini) but she wants a persian because of their good nature.

Maybe a persian female that has been frisky with any other cat so no pedegree would be ideal.

I have seen the same one I think in Paralimni, I too wanted it and dragged hubby to see it, but we were told 350 with papers!! I know he loves cats too but he moved back to the car very quickly!!!! not a hope!

In the Cyprus Mail today an advert for Persian kittens longhair and exotic shorthair(no prices of course) BUT it goes on to say without pedigrees!! as well as pedigrees call for more info number is 9974766. Worth a try and a barter!!!

After saying we WILL NOT have anymore pets since moving to Cyprus my hubby relented basically because he wanted to shut me up! We got a Siamese kitten this week, now all it needs is a playmate!! Probably when we move to Vrysoulles early next year! Did not take us long to change our minds.

Lyn Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
TheDragon

Thanks for the number. will give a call tomorrow. Yes they originally did tell me 3 weeks ago 350. This week it was 300 and NO lower. So I eventually gave in and raised my max offer to 250. They werent interested. So no sale. We have been looking around and 300 for a female is a fiar price if its got excellent pedigree. They would never show papers so I cannot verify its breeding. Not that I really care, we want it as a pet not to breed with hence I refuse to pay silly prices.

Good luck on yr move up here next year, its lovely and quiet, apart from the Orange grove that seems to attract the younger generation but is still nice.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quote
TheDragon

Finally got Persian Cross from BFAWS in Dhekalia. Cost nothing, poor girl is 12 years old, and been in there fro 4 years. Lovely cat, runs the house now.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote
joneswill

What a lovely happy ending for all of you. Made me smile that did Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Wanted Long Haired Cat 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus