Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Selling
Selling 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
chrissiejones
Pictures: 0

Hello Nigel. We are thinking of selling our apartment in Paralimni. We donít have title deeds but have filled all the forms in and payed the Ä10 . Iíve been told by land reg that we are trapped buyers . Can you please tell me what to do . I also have been told that the developer may have had a lone on the block .i donít know for sure itís just here say. If it is the case what can I do . Can we still sell . Thank you .
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:31 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hello chrissie

If the Land Registry has advised you that you area 'trapped buyer' the your developer has a loan on the development that he hasn't repaid.

Yes - you can sell the apartment but whether someone is prepared to buy it is another matter.

As the deeds to the apartment have not been issued your buyer will need to use an 'assignment agreement' rather than the normal 'sale agreement'.

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Francesca712

Does anyone know of an estate agent who would try and sell your property without title deeds? I've tried and failed. Ironically it was no problem ten years ago to buy without deeds but now even with the assignment contract it's impossible to sell. I'm just so fed up I don't know what to do Rolling Eyes
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Selling 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Francesca712 wrote:
Does anyone know of an estate agent who would try and sell your property without title deeds? I've tried and failed. Ironically it was no problem ten years ago to buy without deeds but now even with the assignment contract it's impossible to sell. I'm just so fed up I don't know what to do Rolling Eyes

Most that I know of will sell without TD's - though some I know don't cover
the Larnaca area specifically.

Have you contacted the businesses in the Services Section?

Cheers

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Try FSB Properties (99093213) www,fsbproperties.com
Pan the man (his forum name) is very skilled and knowledgeable about property law and he will steer you in the right direction.
Selling 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question