Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Can we tell if Donald Trump has a high IQ? Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Can we tell if Donald Trump has a high IQ? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Question: How often does President Trump talk about IQ?

Answer: All the time.

When Mr Trump recently boasted that his IQ was higher than Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's, it was part of a pattern.

In 2013, he tweeted that his IQ was "much higher" than Barack Obama and George W Bush.

He has also claimed a higher IQ than comedian Jon Stewart and British star of The Apprentice, Lord Sugar.

Despite this, Mr Trump has never revealed his own IQ. So can we work it out..... [
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

]

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Pictures: 0

I don't know about his IQ but I have a very strong feeling he does not read too well .
This could explain his dithering and " water in the ocean , lots of ocean water in the ocean ) gaffs . Also the made up African country he got the first letter and just made the rest up ..........hey a new country !!!! Well he is the POTUS why not. ?
Seriously , I don't think the man can read
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

An IQ of a baked bean, comes to mind.

Without being too disrespectful to a baked bean. Wink

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

As Dostoevsky wrote "It takes something more than intelligence to act intelligently".

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

If youíre looking for a debate about Trumpís IQ I suspect you are going to be sadly disappointed. Laughing

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
mouse

Mr Tibbs wrote:
If youíre looking for a debate about Trumpís IQ I suspect you are going to be sadly disappointed. Laughing

Does that mean he hasn't got one. Wink

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:12 am Reply with quote
spanner

mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

No, it means his IQ is 1!

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

mouse wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:

Hey, from your pic. I always thought of you as being much slimmer - and with bigger whiskers of course. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:21 pm Reply with quote
cansweet

I really don't know what IQ has to do with intelligence. Einstein couldn't read, Beethoven was deaf, Clinton was blind (or seemed to be) Bush was as ignorant as a pig, Reagan was an actor so not real, Lizzie has killed all around her, Thatcher has rusted, etc, etc, etc. However, there's hope? Brexit looms and with it all the gains and no pain. Well done to the great Master Cameron. Now, there's a man with a very high IQ and long may he live to remember his great and wonderful gift to the British people.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

As a tutor of mine used to say "What is intelligence? Something measured by intelligence tests."

That's as good a definition as many of the ones I've read.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

cansweet wrote:
I really don't know what IQ has to do with intelligence. Einstein couldn't read.........

Yes he could, and he could write eloquently too.

He was most comfortable with German, and could read English but found writing in English a challenge only because of what he thought of as the language's convoluted spelling rules.

He didn't study French for very long, but was as competent as most people in the language at that stage....

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
cansweet

Actually, he couldn't. He was also dyslexic and was sent home on many occasions from school for dreaming. Have no idea if he could dream or not but i'm sure the teacher knew exactly what he could or couldn't do. By the way, Trump is registered on Mensa as having one of their highest ever IQ's.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

cansweet wrote:
Actually, he couldn't. He was also dyslexic and was sent home on many occasions from school for dreaming. Have no idea if he could dream or not but i'm sure the teacher knew exactly what he could or couldn't do. By the way, Trump is registered on Mensa as having one of their highest ever IQ's.

Actually he could and there is no proof that he was dyslexic.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 pm Reply with quote
scottie

cansweet wrote:

He likely bought it lol and Einstein could read . He was a late developer speech wise but not dyslexic nor illiterate
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 am Reply with quote
spanner

cansweet wrote:
Trump is registered on Mensa as having one of their highest ever IQ's.

Are you sure?

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 am Reply with quote
tonyl

Surely Trump and IQ don't belong in the same sentence.

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Doubt Trump can even spell IQ! Cool

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote
cy

Steve - SJD wrote:

Question: How often does President Trump talk about IQ?

Answer: All the time.

When Mr Trump recently boasted that his IQ was higher than Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's, it was part of a pattern.

In 2013, he tweeted that his IQ was "much higher" than Barack Obama and George W Bush.

He has also claimed a higher IQ than comedian Jon Stewart and British star of The Apprentice, Lord Sugar.

Despite this, Mr Trump has never revealed his own IQ. So can we work it out..... [

]

Cheers

Steve

Nice test questions in the BBC article Smile
Has anyone done the short test?
...without cheating...

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Doubt Trump can even spell IQ! Cool

Like Wink

cy wrote:

Nice test questions in the BBC article Smile
Has anyone done the short test?
...without cheating...

I was going to... honest - but didn't want to depress myself if/when I got
the wrong answers Think Anxious

Cheers

Steve

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Surely he'd do incredibly well, better than anybody else, ever, ever in the language comprehension section.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat