Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates » Money Transfer through Currency Fair
Money Transfer through Currency Fair 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs
Pictures: 0

Hi All,

We are new to the forum and new to property ownership in Cyprus, having just had a offer accepted on a small property in Kapparis

We now have to transfer a deposit to our acting solicitor in Paralimni but I am unsure of the best way forward. I know that my bank in the uk will do it but the rate and cost are fairly high so after reading numerous posts on the forum I would like any advice on the matter. Are people still using Currency Fair? is it genuine? is the 3euro charge across the board regardless of the amount transferred and when sending an amount do you add the fee to the amount being sent i.e. if the deposit is 4000 euro do you send 4003 euro?

TIA Alan & Carol (Just the 2 Of Us)
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

Hi
We always use Currency Fair and have been doing so for several years, excellent exchange rates with same day transfers where possible, that is so long as they receive your funds in time but they advise you when transfer will take place and confirmation email sent to confirm transaction completed, and yes 3 charge for any transfer amount. If I remember correctly when you enter the amount of sterling you want to exchange for Euro the figure quoted is after the 3 charge has been deducted, but they are very open about this and is shown in the transaction quote.
Personally I wouldn't use any other company.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

JonandGaynor,

Thanks for you fast reply, that puts my mind at rest a little, the deposit isn't a huge sum but if I can save a few 's its a bonus
Currency fair 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
annforbes

We regularly transfer funds to our cooperative bank account. We did twice pay the extra few euros for a fast transfer a number of years ago, but ironically found this delayed the credit as it had to wait until the banks were open!
We usually find that the normal 3 standard transfer works within 1-2 bank working days.

We also transferred a substantial amount from the UK to complete a sale without any problems.

Ann
Re: Currency fair 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quote
JustThe2OfUs

annforbes wrote:
We regularly transfer funds to our cooperative bank account. We did twice pay the extra few euros for a fast transfer a number of years ago, but ironically found this delayed the credit as it had to wait until the banks were open!
We usually find that the normal 3 standard transfer works within 1-2 bank working days.

We also transferred a substantial amount from the UK to complete a sale without any problems.

Ann

Thanks Ann for your response, I will make the transfer with CF now my mind is settled
Money Transfer through Currency Fair 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates