Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Using Skype (or similar) at AGMS
Using Skype (or similar) at AGMS 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
Joey Toogood
Pictures: 0

a Question for Nigel.

Please could you advise on using Skype or similar at Complexes AGMs? We have lots of absent owners and looking to also include Skype (or similar) for owners to dial in. if this is possible could you advise on forms etc.

Many thanks.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hello Joey and welcome to the forum

Absent owners can use Skype to contribute to discussions at Management Committee at AGMs.

However, if they wish to vote on any motions/decisions they have to appoint a proxy to vote on their behalf at the meeting and according to the law:

"The appointment of a proxy must be made by a document signed by the person who appoints the proxy or by his representative. The proxy may be general or appointed for a specific meeting and does not have to be any owner."

If you would like to get in touch with me (click on the email button below this message) I'll send you a copy of the relevant law by return.

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Joey Toogood

Hello Nigel,

Thank you, your help prompt reply is great. We are wanting to provide this to owners as not every one can attend on the day the AGM is held and we are, after all, in the 21st century!

Did just try to email you but the forum will not let me as this is my first post. I am not sure what to do as it would be great to have a copy of the law. Can you email me?

Many thanks Nigel

JT
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Joey Toogood

.... sorry forgot to ask! To be very clear could you confirm that the owners dialing in contribute to the quorate of the meeting, also if we need any additional forms or if proxys covers it.

Thank you again.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joey Toogood wrote:
Can you email me?

Unfortunately not. You have set your profile not to receive emails.

Contact me via my website -
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
and I'll get back to you.

Regards

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joey Toogood wrote:
To be very clear could you confirm that the owners dialing in contribute to the quorate of the meeting.

No they don't from the law:

"no business shall take place at any general meeting if there is no quorum of the persons who are entitled to vote at the time when the meetings deals with the business. There is quorum if there are present, in person or by proxy, fifty per cent (50%) of the owners of the jointly-owned property".

"If there is no quorum half an hour after the time set for the general meeting, the meeting is postponed for the same day the following week, at the same place and time. If (there) is also no quorum at this general meeting half an hour after the time set for the general meeting, the persons who are present and entitled to vote constitute a quorum."

Regards,

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
Joey Toogood

Hi Nigel,

Opps! Changed, many thanks.

With kind regards

JT

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Joey Toogood

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the additional information reference quorum, if I understand correctly though they are part of the quorum if they have submitted a proxy form prior to the meeting (as for absent owners). The difference is is that they are there listening but not actually there !!

With kind regards

jT

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

That's it Joey

They can listen and contribute to proceedings but are effectively absent. To vote they need to appoint a proxy who will vote on their behalf.

BTW. Did you receive my email?

Regards,

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Joey Toogood

.. thank you again Nigel Smile

P.S. yes did receive your email and replied yesterday morning.
Using Skype (or similar) at AGMS 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question