Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Near East University Hospital Nicosia (The Dark Side)
Near East University Hospital Nicosia (The Dark Side) 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay
Pictures: 0

I recently had to undergo something called a PET SCAN.This is not unlike an MRI Scan but a bit more sophisticated.Thing is that if you live in Cyprus (in the South) the nearest one is either in Nicosia in the North or in Athens which means a couple of return flights and probably overnight accomodation as well as the cost of the scan.My scan at the above location was arranged via my Oncologist at the Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre and,apart from a couple of communication hiccups all went well.I had a full scan -crown of head to mid thigh and total cost was 3,500 TL -about 800 pounds stg.I had the scan done on Tuesday 11th.June -twelve hour fasting and then an injection of dye which takes about an hour to get around the system.Actual scan took just under half an hour.I returned on Thursday 13th. and picked up the report (in English) and the disk of the scan.We live in Kapparis so we travelled via the crossing point at Ayia Nic -turn left at first round a bout -carry on to the New Mall and turn left on to the highway to Nicosia.Stay on the Highway and look out for a sign indicating to the right for the Near East University Hospital.You will then see a Blue bridge at which you turn right onto the Campus and then you simply follow the faded RED LINE.It is a huge Campus but follow that red line and you will be fine.No problems with the professionalism -perhaps the staff appeared a bit abrupt but I put that down to the subtle nuances of the English language -like Lie down there and stay still!! instead of Please lie down and try not to move.Journey time from Ayia Nic was about 90 mins.
Any further questions please do not hesitate.

Campbell.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Near 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:34 am Reply with quote
emanon
Pictures: 0

Thank you for that information; I may have to have a similar scan. I have in the past, for heart issues, had a 'nuclear' scan in Limmasol -didn't get blown up! As you say, an injection is needed in order toallow a certain fluid to get into the body system, but not at all frightening. I've had many scans in the UK, and blood transfusions here, but now just look at them for a well earned rest!
Regards Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Near East University Hospital Nicosia (The Dark Side) 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines