Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Computer Corner » Filmon tv. Good or bad.
Filmon tv. Good or bad. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy
Pictures: 0

I have to had a new modem fitted by Cytanet. But I have how lost all my previous programmes. I am fed up battling to see channels that I want to watch and I am seriously thinking of paying my subscription to filmon. Does anyone using this service think it is a good investment?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Yes we are very pleased but this week BBC coverage of Wimbledon is sometimes blocked. Most channels good reception and via Kodi even get Sky sports
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
bowie

Try robs satellite, ,,,,,,,,it's better then Filmon

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell

Pop along to Paphos, Triotech Clearstream, subscription free..perfect free to view channels, Wimbledon of course!...just no hijacking of pay per view sky channels...but you can only watch so much Tv..all ITV and BBC channels.. Plus lots of extras...€120 ish for the latest box.

Mercury Rising

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
geof j
Pictures: 2

i subscibe to filmon.
i am not interested in watching sky, or other sporting channels and filmon fulfils my needs, it also allows me to record those late programmes that i wish to watch, in order that i can catch up next day. film on has also battled through the US courts for legitimacy and their customer service has always been excellent, quick reply to problems and quick fixes.
i am very happy with their service.
Re: Filmon tv. Good or bad. 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:36 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

baileyboy wrote:
I have to had a new modem fitted by Cytanet. But I have how lost all my previous programmes. I am fed up battling to see channels that I want to watch and I am seriously thinking of paying my subscription to filmon. Does anyone using this service think it is a good investment?

Having a new modem should not affect the programs that you receive.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

yesterday could not get BBC1 or 2 to watch Wimbledon. This morning all other channels ok and last night so were all others apart from BBC 1 /2. BBC news was working and indeed sky sports forrugby etc.

The screen for BBC1/2 was the same as they put up for the Olympics when that was blocked. Anyone else have that problem yesterday?
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Bobbeer wrote:
baileyboy wrote:

I agree with Bobbeer....
Having a new modem should not affect the programmes you receive.
Cyta fitted a new modem for me some months ago and it is working perfectly fine... I suspect that the changes you are experiencing are related to the actual individual channel providers...

Mils

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Milschoice04 wrote:
Bobbeer wrote:
baileyboy wrote:

I agree with Bobbeer....
Having a new modem should not affect the programmes you receive.
Cyta fitted a new modem for me some months ago and it is working perfectly fine... I suspect that the changes you are experiencing are related to the actual individual channel providers...

Mils

Is't it possible that the modem/router have settings that are different from the old one?

eg parental control and sites banned by your isp? I had problems in the UK and was assisted by BT to allow all sites I visit to display solving problems of accessing some Cypriot sites.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
geof j

Baileyboy, we have not had channels blocked, as mentioned on the forum. we get ,free, 11 hours recording time, which you have 30 days to watch till you lose it.
you cannot download recordings as was previously allowed because of copyright.
but the 11 hours is not monthly, you can record to the max one day, watch half the next day, or more, which releases recording hours.
have a problem with film-on? their service is excellent, you e-mail, get an automated response very quickly, and then they follow up with a techy response.
at the moment i think it is value for money. i have been well pi&&ed of since moving to Cyprus pay 100's + for various satellite systems only to see them withdrawn.
the latest craze is streaming, but how long will that last?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
geof j

should correct my last comment.
the latest craze is IPTV, where many crackdowns are appearing.
Filmon has won its position through the US courts on many occasions.
Filmon tv. Good or bad. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Computer Corner