Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Larnaca & Services in Larnaca » Shoe making
Shoe making 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob
Pictures: 0

Need to have a pair of shoes or sandals made, due to none found broad fitting enough in shoe shops.

We know of a shop in Limmasol, where you can get made to measure, but are there any such places in Paralimmni or Larnaca or Nicosia ?

Any help appreciated.

Bob J
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
milano

I don't know of anywhere in Larnaca that makes made to measure shoes but I wonder if you've tried ECCO shoes - 2 shops in Larnaca. I've bought numerous pairs of shoes and sandals from them during the last 10 years. Most of the styles are wide/very wide fitting. I need a wide fitting,rounded toe shoe or sandals with Velcro straps to allow for width adjustment; never had a problem at ECCO.

Thought that might help.

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Shoe making 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

Thank you for that Kizi, can you tell me where in Larnaca the shops are..?

Bob J
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
milano

Hi bob

ECCO shop in Larnaca centre is on main street, one street back from promenade, half way down on a corner. You can't miss it, 2 big display windows. And by the way, a few doors away is the Clarks shoe shop, Clarks did do wide fittings at one time, don't know about now though.

The other ECCO shop is on the left hand side of the road going towards Debenhams and just before Debenhams: - that's the road off to the right at the port roundabout, just go along it for a couple of miles but keep a lookout ECCO shop is set back from main road by some traffic lights - turn left at those lights and you can usually park anywhere. Neither shop closes for lunch.

I'll just mention that ECCO's sale is on at the moment, good bargains but might not have as much choice to offer. I've not been to their sale yet, just looking in my wardrobe I've got 4 pairs of sandals and 2 pairs of winter shoes - all ECCO!

If you need better directions just let me know.

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
jb1

Are the shoes for a male or female? If female, there is a shop behind McDonalds on the seafront, used to be called Evans, for larger ladies. They have a small range of shoes but they are usually wide or extra wide fitting.

Sadly i cannot recommend the place in Limassol. Joyce
Shoemaking 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

Thank you for that Kizi, and Jb1

Plenty of information there, I have also found that there is a branch in Paralimni and possibly one in Ayia Napa

We plan to visit the one in Paralimni first, tomorrow, thank you for your help.

Bob. J

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
milano

Sorry that I didn't mention the Paralimmni ECCO shop - I'm so used to going into Larnaca! Yes, there was a small ECCO shop in Ayia Napa - at the top end of Nissi Avenue, on the left, just before you hit the town. Sold other brands as well as ECCO.

Good hunting.

KIZI
Shoe making 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shopping in Larnaca & Services in Larnaca