Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area » Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post: #81   PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay
Pictures: 0

Good to hear something positive.We will defo be going back.
Campbell.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #82   PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
bromerzz

Went in last night for the first time. Charles and his team are very attentive and went to some length to explain items on the menu and the situation around the chefs. Some menu items not being available at present as they are specialities from regional India and the Chef with experience of that regions cooking has yet to arrive.
We ordered too much, or in reality the portions were sufficiently large, and duly filled our bellies, without being "stuffed" and I cannot fault what we had.
I know now that next time we go we can order some extra "heat" if we want.
I think I lost some of my taste buds over the years and my body accepts some pretty hot background heat these days. Mind you the fresh green chilli with the complimentary starter dishes and poppadoms were as hot as I would want them!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #83   PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Went again last night, full menu now in operation, food and service as usual was excellent Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #84   PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:03 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Went last night for my birthday and was not disappointed!Very good service,delicious food and good portions.I had a strange starter which I had never tasted before but will certainly have again -chicken liver and hearts in a curry sauce with loads of onions.My main was Chicken Dupiaza with Garlic Nan and the three ladies had Samosas to start and chicken jalfrezi with chupati.Well done team!

Campbell.
Delivery service now available.

Post: #85   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 am Reply with quote
lamby

Wow! We were so disappointed with this place last night,especially after reading in general,good reviews on here.Charles greeted us on arrival with a warm smile,pity this could not have been reciprocated by one of the 2 girls that took our orders,made us feel quite unwelcome.condensed version...waited 40 mins for 4 starters.then waited 1HOUR and 15 mins for mains,this after repeatedly told 10 mins,5 mins etc( we were within 5 mins of walking out when they arrived!) 1 rice missing,1 Dhal missing.(another 10 min wait)3 sauces very good,1 sauce tasteless.very little lamb in 3 dishes,3 very small prawns in other.there was just 1 other table (6 people) on arrival so no excuse there.told by staff when we made our complaint that they'd had no deliveries of flour that day so no samosas on menu(OK,it happens)also chefs had to walk from Frenaros as car had broken down.later the table of 2 next to us had also ridiculous waiting time and without going into detail called Charles and the chef to the table to look at his meal! they left disgusted.after paying the bill we were asked by Charles to visit again. Thanks but no thanks.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #86   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

lamby wrote:
Wow! We were so disappointed with this place last night,especially after reading in general,good reviews on here.Charles greeted us on arrival with a warm smile,pity this could not have been reciprocated by one of the 2 girls that took our orders,made us feel quite unwelcome.condensed version...waited 40 mins for 4 starters.then waited 1HOUR and 15 mins for mains,this after repeatedly told 10 mins,5 mins etc( we were within 5 mins of walking out when they arrived!) 1 rice missing,1 Dhal missing.(another 10 min wait)3 sauces very good,1 sauce tasteless.very little lamb in 3 dishes,3 very small prawns in other.there was just 1 other table (6 people) on arrival so no excuse there.told by staff when we made our complaint that they'd had no deliveries of flour that day so no samosas on menu(OK,it happens)also chefs had to walk from Frenaros as car had broken down.later the table of 2 next to us had also ridiculous waiting time and without going into detail called Charles and the chef to the table to look at his meal! they left disgusted.after paying the bill we were asked by Charles to visit again. Thanks but no thanks.

The table of 2 you were sat next to was my friend. I had messaged and asked what he thought of the new Indian so he called and said it was the worst ever Indian meal he has ever had. He said the staff were useless and like Lamby had to wait ages for starters and mains and again like Lamby the meals came out with dishes missing. My friend had ordered a Madras and asked for it to be hot as they had said was medium. When it came it was not even warmed through. He said it was actually cold. So they took away to presumably microwave. Finally when they had their food he said it was the most bland Madras he had ever eaten, He said it was red and looked more like a Massala. But that was not his main issue, he found something in his food and called the owner and chef and they tried to tell him it was some ingredient but he is not sure. So has been advised by another restaurant owner to take to some place in Dherynia to have it tested. But like Lamby has said it is a place he will never return to.

Its a shame as I was really looking forward to going and having a nice Indian restaurant to use while on holiday. But from what my friend has told me its not a place I would now try.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #87   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Unfortunately on our last visit we were really disappointed with the service, even though it was really quiet 3 items from our orders were missing and I had to ask a couple of times before they arrived, and by the time they did the others had finished eating. I really wanted this place to work but based on our experiences we will not be visiting again.

Post: #88   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

After all the waiting and great expectations it does now sound very disappointing! Crying or Very sad

Post: #89   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
Her indoors

When 6 of us went, all dinners were served on cold plates with no heating burners in the table either. 4 dinners were stone cold. We asked for them to be put in the microwave to save us all eating at different times but was told that they didn't have a microwave so would have to be cooked again from scratch.

The 4 remaining dinners eventually arrived, just about lukewarm, again on cold plates. There were 2 other people in the restaurant at the time. No excuse for this poor service.

Anyone who knows me will vouch that I have an absolute phobia about cold food that's supposed to be hot

Nothing will get me back in this place. I loved Lavezin but whoevers taken it over hasn't a clue

Post: #90   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Well, my experience has been different than the few recent post. Was there 31/8 (we were a party of 5) and we all enjoyed our meals. The service was fine and the food was good. This was my second visit to this restaurant and both times we were all happy with the food and service.

Post: #91   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
murray

We also decided to give them a try, son & girlfriend were over on holiday & son fancied a curry.
We normally go to Larnaca, but on hearing previous good reviews about the new one, we decided to try it.
Got to say it was a big mistake, first impressions of the two lady waitress were disconcerting to say the least, but thought they were new to the job so gave them the benefit of the doubt.
We ordered 1 Goan chicken, 2 chicken dupiaza, & a Chicken madras plus rice & nan bread.
The owner ( Charles I presume) came & welcomed us, & had a short chat about the place.
The meals came after a while, (we were the only people in) the Madras came swimming in oil, which the sons girlfriend complained about, the owner came & apologised & explained that the Chefs were still learning to cook various meals!!! , he offered to cook another one for her but she declined.
My wife & son didn't like the dupiaza, but thought not to upset him again, so just picked at it.
The nan bread was the worst I had ever had, the were like crisps.
The Goan chicken was passable, but got to say I was very dissapoined on the whole.
Needless to say the Madras wasn't on the bill, & if it had of been, wouldn't have paid it anyway.
Fair to say I won't be venturing back.
I was the butt of the jokes for the rest of the evening, & I wasn't allowed to pick any restaurants for the rest of my sons holiday.
Rolling Eyes Sad

Post: #92   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
tonyattherovers
Pictures: 2

alanandmaria wrote:
lamby wrote:

The table of 2 you were sat next to was my friend. I had messaged and asked what he thought of the new Indian so he called and said it was the worst ever Indian meal he has ever had. He said the staff were useless and like Lamby had to wait ages for starters and mains and again like Lamby the meals came out with dishes missing. My friend had ordered a Madras and asked for it to be hot as they had said was medium. When it came it was not even warmed through. He said it was actually cold. So they took away to presumably microwave. Finally when they had their food he said it was the most bland Madras he had ever eaten, He said it was red and looked more like a Massala. But that was not his main issue, he found something in his food and called the owner and chef and they tried to tell him it was some ingredient but he is not sure. So has been advised by another restaurant owner to take to some place in Dherynia to have it tested. But like Lamby has said it is a place he will never return to.

Its a shame as I was really looking forward to going and having a nice Indian restaurant to use while on holiday. But from what my friend has told me its not a place I would now try.

Will you be advising the forum of the results of the test?
It's a great pity this because I for one was looking forward to going there again-went in June and found it ok but then it was a limited menu due to the chef having problems with a work permit I seem to remember. From what posters are saying now it's going to take a lot of convincing to get me (and I guess quite a few others) to actually go there again...
Bit sad about that but that's life...

Post: #93   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote
alanandmaria

tonyattherovers wrote:
alanandmaria wrote:
lamby wrote:

It's a great pity this because I for one was looking forward to going there again-went in June and found it ok but then it was a limited menu due to the chef having problems with a work permit I seem to remember. From what posters are saying now it's going to take a lot of convincing to get me (and I guess quite a few others) to actually go there again...

Yes I will find out from him what they say. But regardless of what the item in his food was he said he would still not go back due to the poor service and bland food. Also he said the owner and barman were sat at the bar smoking. Which personally he felt not professional.

Since going there he was talking to someone who said the lady and the head chef have left, I do not know if this is true but maybe if the head chef has left it could be the reason the food has gone downhill.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Indian Restaurant opening in Dherynia 
Post: #94   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Diane Peel

Well after all the good comments we heard about this place we decided to give it a try, was very disappointed, as we were sitting waiting for our food we ordered, we seen four takeaway deliveries going out the door,we waited 1 hour before we got our food at our table, the nan bread followed 10 minutes later, I ordered Chicken Korma and tasted like a bowl of salt, there just was no taste to any of the curry dishes , I think they need to look after the customers that dine in the restaurant rather than seeing to takeaways !

Post: #95   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
lamby

My previous post,when I condensed my review from our visit on Friday, is missing exactly what has been commented on since.ie; cold plates,barely warm rice and the owner smoking and drinking at the bar most of the night.as mentioned,if he was a bit more professional and did the odd check on the tables perhaps he might enlighten himself on exactly what is going on in his own restautarant!Also,then receiving the bill without any thought of making some discretionary discount for what was without doubt a very poor service and meal.( It took me to say in disgust to I think the manageress that "do you honestly think that I should be paying the full price"?) on which she went away to amend the bill.the most amazing comment is from Murray when he was told that the chefs are still learning to cook some of the dishes!!what sort of chefs has he brought over that can't cook some of the most popular curries in the world.lastly,I did not want to mention to our friends dining with us (had their backs to your friends Alanandmaria)that there was something unrecognisable in one of the meals on the next table that the Owner and chef came over to look at! as mentioned by many now, we were so looking forward to visiting this restaurant (especially as it had plans to open for winter) but,as already said,never again.

Post: #96   PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
tonyattherovers

alanandmaria wrote:
tonyattherovers wrote:
alanandmaria wrote:
lamby wrote:

Yes I will find out from him what they say. But regardless of what the item in his food was he said he would still not go back due to the poor service and bland food. Also he said the owner and barman were sat at the bar smoking. Which personally he felt not professional.

Since going there he was talking to someone who said the lady and the head chef have left, I do not know if this is true but maybe if the head chef has left it could be the reason the food has gone downhill.

This thread seems to have gone quiet.
Any news about the test yet?

Post: #97   PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
alanandmaria

Pantherman kindly translated the letter that my friend was sent. They have confirmed it was not a flying bug. I have spoken to my friend but he said regardless of this he would never step foot in to that restaurant again. Because everything else was a total disaster.

For me I will just wait till home in UK and go to my favourite place. Although if really want a curry will continue to use Raj in Protaras

Post: #98   PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 am Reply with quote
tonyattherovers

alanandmaria wrote:
Pantherman kindly translated the letter that my friend was sent. They have confirmed it was not a flying bug. I have spoken to my friend but he said regardless of this he would never step foot in to that restaurant again. Because everything else was a total disaster.

For me I will just wait till home in UK and go to my favourite place. Although if really want a curry will continue to use Raj in Protaras

Thanks for that. Since this thread opened we went to Masalas in Larnaca. A bit of a hike there but really good food, service etc so it's on our list of good places to eat!

Post: #99   PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
murray

Can also recommend Balti House opposite Massalas.

Post: #100   PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

murray wrote:
Can also recommend Balti House opposite Massalas.

I will second that...

Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area