Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues » Can we lock pool area to stop non payers using?
Can we lock pool area to stop non payers using? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
alanandmaria
Pictures: 0

We are on a complex of 3 blocks. 1 whole block is owned by a Cypriot family. For the first few years they paid their fees OK. But suddenly 1 day the brother who seems to be in charge of everybody said we are not paying anymore.

So for about the last 5 years have paid nothing. He says we do not use pool etc. But every year his family are seen using the pool and showers. I have just seen 1 of the sons has arrived and the first thing he did was show his two small children the pool. So I presume tomorrow they will try to use.

Are we able to lock the pool area to stop them using as they have not paid a penny towards maintenance or cleaning etc? I was looking at a combination padlock.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

I LOVE IT, BUT FEEL SORRY FOR THE CHILDREN.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:21 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

We have electronic key cards for the pool - no fees paid, no card, no entry -
had them for a few years without issue.

Worth noting though like anything if people are determined to use the
pool then they will find a way in - no one wants the pool maximum security.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm Reply with quote
sah

We have a lock on our pool so if you do not pay you do not get the code.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
madmum

We have a lock too and only get key if up to date with fees. But would possibly have to change lock yearly if people that paid before do not pay.

Should work in small 3 block complex but with larger ones the people with keys let their non-paying friends in.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

You may have tried it already but might I recommend a Notice before you do put a lock on the entrance. You say it's a block owned by a single family and one person used to deal with the bills. Isn't it possible that some of the residents may not know the service charges are not being paid?

You also don't really know who you're dealing with and should avoid confrontation for your own safety.

Pur up notices by the pool entrance and their block entrance even under their doors if you can get to them.

Also a civil letter from a lawyer would I suggest be better and give them Notice of your intentions.

Good luck.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Dave B

bubblechris wrote:
You may have tried it already but might I recommend a Notice before you do put a lock on the entrance. You say it's a block owned by a single family and one person used to deal with the bills. Isn't it possible that some of the residents may not know the service charges are not being paid?

You also don't really know who you're dealing with and should avoid confrontation for your own safety.

Pur up notices by the pool entrance and their block entrance even under their doors if you can get to them.

Also a civil letter from a lawyer would I suggest be better and give them Notice of your intentions.

Good luck.

Unusual I know !!! Shocked
I agree with this advice.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:52 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

bubblechris wrote:

Good luck.

The whole block was owned by a brother and sister. If we ever asked her anything she says deal with my brother. He has now told us he is gifting his 3 flats to his children.

We are in the process of taking them through legal channels but as the summer months come his kids will turn up with his grand kids and use the pool etc.

I personally e mailed him nearly 2 years ago asking for him to confirm why now not paying and asking him to show how we can cut costs, but he will not reply. Even though he says we are spending far too much on a pool nobody uses.

As for my safety I will be fine on that account, but I do not want to have to come away for a peaceful break and then have to have arguments with people who have no actual reason for not paying. The worse thing is his kids and sister are nice and to have to ask them to leave pool because their granddad is not paying annoys me.

For now I have done signs and just hope once goes to court he will finally pay what he owes
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Can we lock pool area to stop non payers using? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues